Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 3:27 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by halders1
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines ,
I was wondering if you could pass on a request to the M&M website team.

At the moment, when I click on Status Management, it shows how many points I need to reach HON Circle (as it is my next tier), however I am never going to make HON Circle and I am not interested in that information. What I am interested in (and is much more important to most Senators and I suppose Frequent Travellers) is how my progress is going to renew my current status for next year. With the new system of Qualifying Points etc, I am confused and having to keep track of this manually. Is there a way we can track towards Senator instead of HON Circle?

Thanks
Hello halders1,

thank you for your feedback and idea to enhance the information displayed in the profile. I will forward it to Miles & More but I can't make any promised if it will be implemented soon.

Best regards,
Jens
Old Apr 24, 2024, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello adfg,

Your claim has already been escalated to our Customer Relations team, they will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards
Birgit
Hi Birgit,

I have not had any update from Customer Relations. When should I expect this?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 2:45 am

Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines

Perhaps this is an issue you could help me with passing on to your Colleagues as I've had no luck so far resolving it through service center after numerous calls.

I bought tickets for me and my family (2 adults + 1 infant) from TLL to SIN for Jan-Feb '25. Before buying the tickets I called in and checked if I want to add a separate seat for the infant passenger (1.5y old at the time of travel) how should I proceed. Was told that I should call in after I've bought the tickets and you can then re-book infant as a child over the phone.

After a few tries I was confirmed that this is indeed possible and I should wait for a new booking confirmation where the infant has been rebooked as a child and then call back to confirm payment details. Well that was done, price confirmed and card details given.

Then nothing happened, I ended up with 3 different booking reference (1st for my wife; 2nd for me and infant; 3rd for the child ticket (rebooked from infant)).
After a while all the flights under the 3rd booking disappeared - didn't get any info if it's a payment/card issue or anything else.
2nd booking has some of the segments (FRA-SIN for me and all of them for infant) as not issued (showing Receipt not issued).
Only the first initial bookings is fine (under which my wife is).

So I called in again and after a long hold was again re-assured that I've done everything correctly and all passengers will have their own seats and tickets will be issued and I'll have new confirmations on my email. After a month and a half nothing has changed.

This seems to take more effort than it should as I only wanted to buy an extra seat for my child. Tired of telling the whole story again and again as it doesn't get me anywhere through the service centre phone calls.

I can share more detailed info over PM.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by adfg
Hi Birgit,

Hello adfg,

I regret to see that our escalation wasn't followed up to as expected and remained without further correspondence. I can only offer to send a reminder, again. Hopefully, this will be addressed and the team will get in touch with you, once more. As we rarely receive an update regarding the individual claim ourselves, we, unfortunately, can't give an estimate.

Best,
Katharina
Old Apr 26, 2024, 3:39 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Hello Lufthansa,

I just received my 15K Bonus for flying 4500 HON Miles.
I like the added bonus threadholds, but it would be great to change the 15K Miles bonus to the 5500 threshold and give the lounge vouchers at 4500 QPs.

at 4500QP the people are going likely for HON anyways, so the voucher does not make anysense, as its one return flight and the HON status is reached anyways.

so i suggest, giving the 15k at 5500qp and the vouchers at 4500qp for the first lounge visits

dp
Old Apr 26, 2024, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by derpelikan
Hello Lufthansa,

I just received my 15K Bonus for flying 4500 HON Miles.
I like the added bonus threadholds, but it would be great to change the 15K Miles bonus to the 5500 threshold and give the lounge vouchers at 4500 QPs.

at 4500QP the people are going likely for HON anyways, so the voucher does not make anysense, as its one return flight and the HON status is reached anyways.

so i suggest, giving the 15k at 5500qp and the vouchers at 4500qp for the first lounge visits

dp
Hello derpelikan,

if I understand you correctly, then you would like to ask if it's possible to exchange the bonus that you received into another kind of bonus?

This is a decision which needs to be made by Miles & More. I recommend that you contact my colleagues directly and ask them if this option is possible.

Best regards,

Jens
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
no

Hello derpelikan,

if I understand you correctly, then you would like to ask if it's possible to exchange the bonus that you received into another kind of bonus?

This is a decision which needs to be made by Miles & More. I recommend that you contact my colleagues directly and ask them if this option is possible.

Best regards,

Jens
Hello Jens,

sorry if my msg was not clear.
Miles and more grants different things after you reach points thresholds. ie. 4500qp you receive 15K miles and more miles. and 3500 you receive ftl status for another person etc. and with 5500 you receive vouchers to use in the hon lounge.

I think the order would be better if you receive the lounge vouchers at 4500qps. and the 15k points at 5500points. as the 500 missing HON qual points for a HON is only one return flight and than the lounge vouchers are not a benefit anymore, as a HON i can than use the lounges anyways.

so my suggestion would be to change it to

4500qp receive the first class vouchers
55000 receive the 15K points.

it has nothing to do with me, just a more logical thing, as the vouchers than can be used as a motivation to fly another 1500hon qual miles to reach hon.

dp
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:23 am

Programs: M&M FTL, FB Gold
Hello Dandel,

do you want to receive the miles for the the route as originally purchased or the miles for the involuntary reroute? Besides have you tried contacting the colleagues of Miles & More via phone? They are able to register claims for missing miles manually in their system.

Kind regards,

Nils
Hi Lurker,

Thanks for the response, and apologies for the delay in answering your question. It regards the following case: 2402-LX-06553, which is the claim for our costs and EU261 compensation. It's now more than 2 months that we've put in the claim and have not heard back anything from your colleagues. Where we've covered all the costs we had, and i believe it's also a super clear cut case in regards to the compensation, so the amount of time this is taking feels a bit like we're purposely being ignored.

Regarding the miles for the reroute vs. original routing - it would be a good gesture in my view to compensate us the miles for the new route (extra leg via DXB), as the middle of the night 4 hours in Dubai did really feel like quite an extra leg... not to mention the missed onward flights which would have also garnered additional points/miles in M&M, but we did not get to make and had to reroute on first available. Your colleagues have only booked the miles for the original route... is this something you can check into?

Thanks!

Last edited by Dandel; Apr 28, 2024 at 8:28 am Reason: adding quote for clarity
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by derpelikan
Hello Jens,

sorry if my msg was not clear.
Miles and more grants different things after you reach points thresholds. ie. 4500qp you receive 15K miles and more miles. and 3500 you receive ftl status for another person etc. and with 5500 you receive vouchers to use in the hon lounge.

I think the order would be better if you receive the lounge vouchers at 4500qps. and the 15k points at 5500points. as the 500 missing HON qual points for a HON is only one return flight and than the lounge vouchers are not a benefit anymore, as a HON i can than use the lounges anyways.

so my suggestion would be to change it to

4500qp receive the first class vouchers
55000 receive the 15K points.

it has nothing to do with me, just a more logical thing, as the vouchers than can be used as a motivation to fly another 1500hon qual miles to reach hon.

dp
Hello derpelikan,

thank you very much for the suggestion, the Miles & More decision on the new program won't be changed, unfortunately. I'm sorry!

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Dandel
Hi Lurker,

Thanks for the response, and apologies for the delay in answering your question. It regards the following case: 2402-LX-06553, which is the claim for our costs and EU261 compensation. It's now more than 2 months that we've put in the claim and have not heard back anything from your colleagues. Where we've covered all the costs we had, and i believe it's also a super clear cut case in regards to the compensation, so the amount of time this is taking feels a bit like we're purposely being ignored.

Regarding the miles for the reroute vs. original routing - it would be a good gesture in my view to compensate us the miles for the new route (extra leg via DXB), as the middle of the night 4 hours in Dubai did really feel like quite an extra leg... not to mention the missed onward flights which would have also garnered additional points/miles in M&M, but we did not get to make and had to reroute on first available. Your colleagues have only booked the miles for the original route... is this something you can check into?

Thanks!
Hi Dandel,

thank you very much for pointing it out. One question - the mentioned case file is not a Lufthansa Customer Relations ID, where did you file the claim?
Regarding the compensation of miles, I recommend to contact Miles & More directly, as we here on the Flyertalk are unable to grant any goodwill decisions or mileage accruals, unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Apr 29, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: M&M FTL, FB Gold
Hi Dandel,

thank you very much for pointing it out. One question - the mentioned case file is not a Lufthansa Customer Relations ID, where did you file the claim?
Regarding the compensation of miles, I recommend to contact Miles & More directly, as we here on the Flyertalk are unable to grant any goodwill decisions or mileage accruals, unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Markus
With Swiss. I suspect the answer will be that in this case you cannot help?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Dandel
With Swiss. I suspect the answer will be that in this case you cannot help?
Hello Dandel,

you're right, unfortunately. Kindly contact SWISS directly, we don't have any insight into SWISS cases. I'm sorry!

Kind regards,

Markus
Old May 9, 2024, 2:22 pm

Hi Birgit,

Hi Bridgit,

I had a reply from Customer relations but they have since stopped replying and in the last message said the following:
As much as we understand your wish to receive compensation we have already taken into consideration all information provided and our miles and more team.

We are sorry that our reply did not meet your expectations. We are aware of your loyalty to Lufthansa and your patronage is important to us. Following your last letter, we took the time to re-examine our original assessment – however, our reply remains the same. We hope for your understanding that we consider this case to be closed.
As I have already made clear I am not looking for compensation, I am claiming the refund of the baggage charges which Lufthansa Miles and More promised me - I have the audio recording of this and know it has also been recorded on the PNR. I also have the email receipts of the tickets stating I have 1 piece of free baggage per passenger.
Why does Lufthansa think they can openly lie to me and not pay up for what they previously admitted was their error?
Despite asking customer relations for the details of arbitration / escalation this has been also been ignored.

Can you please advise how I can escalate this?
Old May 10, 2024, 4:26 am

Hi Bridgit,

I had a reply from Customer relations but they have since stopped replying and in the last message said the following:

As I have already made clear I am not looking for compensation, I am claiming the refund of the baggage charges which Lufthansa Miles and More promised me - I have the audio recording of this and know it has also been recorded on the PNR. I also have the email receipts of the tickets stating I have 1 piece of free baggage per passenger.
Why does Lufthansa think they can openly lie to me and not pay up for what they previously admitted was their error?
Despite asking customer relations for the details of arbitration / escalation this has been also been ignored.

Can you please advise how I can escalate this?

Hello adfg,
I am sorry that your case is still not sorted and that you are dissatisfied with my colleagues' response. I can forward your feedback once again to Customer Relations for review.
If you would like to escalate the case any further, then information about the arbitration board can be found here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/pass...bitrationboard
Best regards,
Jens
Old May 10, 2024, 7:26 am

Hello adfg,
I am sorry that your case is still not sorted and that you are dissatisfied with my colleagues' response. I can forward your feedback once again to Customer Relations for review.
If you would like to escalate the case any further, then information about the arbitration board can be found here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/pass...bitrationboard
Best regards,
Jens
Hi Jens
Please try once more as I am otherwise going to proceed to legal options which is ridiculous for such a simple case when I have clear evidence of being lied to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.