Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere but my search did not find it.
I was involuntarily downgraded from business to economy on an OS flight from VIE to VCE. Other than apologies I was given a debit card worth 125 Euro.
Is this sufficient compensation? Is there an EU regulation than spells out the required compensation for such a case?
TIA
Provided you didn't have other grounds for compensation (rerouting with a low delay at end point might result in 125 EUR), you are owed 30% of the fare. If your fare was about 400 EUR, then it sounds about right.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Provided you didn't have other grounds for compensation (rerouting with a low delay at end point might result in 125 EUR), you are owed 30% of the fare. If your fare was about 400 EUR, then it sounds about right.
Thanks.
Well, it was an award ticket. My DW remained in J, only I was downgraded - so a later flight was not an option.
PS - Are you Iko by any chance?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL

Thanks.
Well, it was an award ticket. My DW remained in J, only I was downgraded - so a later flight was not an option.
PS - Are you Iko by any chance?
Don't know how you'd count the fare on awards... presumably, they would be forced to partially refund your miles, if you really chased it - but I think the 125 EUR might just be a better deal.

I'm not Iko, sorry.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:01 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by HKG1111
Dear Lurker,
In your recent update of Lufthansa APP, the M&M section has a new category when crediting flights called "TOP POINTS" and it seems it is the same as previously called "HON Miles". Can you please let us know if there is more around this we need to know?

Thanks
HKG1111
Hello HKG1111, I am not too familiar witht the APP and have forwarded your post to my colleagues for more information. Should you require more detailed information, then I recommend that you please give Technical Support a call. Best regards, Isabell
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:02 am

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere but my search did not find it.
I was involuntarily downgraded from business to economy on an OS flight from VIE to VCE. Other than apologies I was given a debit card worth 125 Euro.
Is this sufficient compensation? Is there an EU regulation than spells out the required compensation for such a case?
TIA
Dear Paulchili, if a voucher was handed to you, I would assume the the case is closed. Should you wish to enquire about further options, I recommend that you please sumbit detailed information via https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/support/feedback. Best regards, Isabell
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: LH Senator
Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...4R0261&from=EN

Article 10

Upgrading and downgrading

2. If an operating air carrier places a passenger in a class lower than that for which the ticket was purchased, it shall within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), reimburse

(a) 30 % of the price of the ticket for all flights of 1500 kilometres or less
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Don't know how you'd count the fare on awards... presumably, they would be forced to partially refund your miles, if you really chased it - but I think the 125 EUR might just be a better deal.

I'm not Iko, sorry.
Thank you - I guess 125 Euro was a fair compensation.
I too am sorry that you are not Iko ( a good friend of my brother with last name of Fabo)
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by kttosia
Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...4R0261&from=EN

Article 10

Upgrading and downgrading

2. If an operating air carrier places a passenger in a class lower than that for which the ticket was purchased, it shall within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), reimburse

(a) 30 % of the price of the ticket for all flights of 1500 kilometres or less
Thank you for that helpful info.
As this was an award ticket it is hard to know its actual value. In a case like this how can one establish a monetary value of an award?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear Paulchili, if a voucher was handed to you, I would assume the the case is closed. Should you wish to enquire about further options, I recommend that you please sumbit detailed information via https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/support/feedback. Best regards, Isabell
Thank you. I will follow that advice if and when I can determine that the compensation was inadequate.
That is what I am trying to establish here as I am not familiar with the EU regulations.
Conversely, if it seems that the compensation was proper than no further action is needed.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: LH SEN
Rant: and hopefully this can be used as feedback in the appropriate department:

My flight FRA-MXP and MXP-FRA next week had aircraft changes. No problem! I get an e-mail: "Change of Reservation" with the following text:
Important NoticePlease note that your seat reservations have been modified due to a schedule or aircraft change. We have reassigned an equivalent seat within your originally booked category. Thank you for your understanding.
However: I had exit row seats on both flights. The "equivalent" reassignment has me sitting 2-3 rows behind the exit row now. Going into my booking, I can see that the exit row is completely empty and I reassign myself...

For these types of "special" seats there really needs to be a more precise method of reassignment of seats. In my case - I'm 6'4" - I chose exit row for a very specific reason and it's really !!! irritating to board a plane thinking LH has my back when aircraft changes happen, only to find LH doesn't give a s**t about my back....

/rant over
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FS_FRA

My flight FRA-MXP and MXP-FRA next week had aircraft changes. No problem! I get an e-mail: "Change of Reservation" with the following text:
Important NoticePlease note that your seat reservations have been modified due to a schedule or aircraft change. We have reassigned an equivalent seat within your originally booked category. Thank you for your understanding.
However: I had exit row seats on both flights. The "equivalent" reassignment has me sitting 2-3 rows behind the exit row now. Going into my booking, I can see that the exit row is completely empty and I reassign myself...

For these types of "special" seats there really needs to be a more precise method of reassignment of seats. In my case - I'm 6'4" - I chose exit row for a very specific reason and it's really !!! irritating to board a plane thinking LH has my back when aircraft changes happen, only to find LH doesn't give a s**t about my back....

/rant over
I also received a similar message on Monday on a GVA-FRA-HAM routing and was moved from 7C to 26E on the 2nd leg... go figure how LH works this out and more particularly for Senators. Happens more and more often.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by FS_FRA

/rant over
Hi FS_FRA,

I agree, this sounds less than ideal and like you, I would have assumed an exit seat on the new aircraft as well. Good to hear you have been able to, once more, adjust the seating so it matches your initial preference. However, as this should not be the way to handle these incidents, I'll internally forward your complaint and hope for a more satisfying procedure, should a future flight of yours require another aircraft change.

Best, Katharina
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by asimha
I also received a similar message on Monday on a GVA-FRA-HAM routing and was moved from 7C to 26E on the 2nd leg... go figure how LH works this out and more particularly for Senators. Happens more and more often.
Hi asimha,

I'm sorry to hear you were facing a similar issue. Have you been able to switch to a more preferable seating meanwhile? If that has not been the case, you're welcome to send us your booking details and we'll have another look at your reservation.

Best, Katharina
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Dear Lurkers, could you please let know your colleagues that when trying to access the F Wine List it will redirect us to a Business Class Wine page?
Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Senator booking guarantee not honored

Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

Am booked in the highest booking class in J for a Friday night flight late November from PVG to MUC and waitlisted (LH flight operated by LH). As Senator I assumed that LH would honour the booking guarantee touted with the Senator Status...

But speaking to the call Center I was told that the booking guarantee does not apply for certain flights where there are so many Senators that they cannnot honour this promise.

How can this be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.