Wiki Posts
Search

eVoucher upgrade... or not?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
eVoucher upgrade... or not?

My OH (SEN) went to great lengths to book a LH upgradeable ticket to visit the fam in JNB over XMas... I managed to get S (upgradeable according to the M&M website) on the outbound. He only really bought this ticket for the possibility of upgrading. So I used his 2 eVouchers to request an upgrade for him, and we got an e-mail saying that he has been waitlisted.

What is at this point the normal procedure? I have status on ST and OW, but except for the BD match that I had until things dissolved, I have little experience on *A. Are these things likely to clear for SENs? Are there blackout periods (particularly after Sep 1, which I understand is a universal day of mourning) during which no awards/upgrades are available? Is the upgrade availability the same as the award availability?

Thanks
pianoamit
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by pianoamit
My OH (SEN) went to great lengths to book a LH upgradeable ticket to visit the fam in JNB over XMas... I managed to get S (upgradeable according to the M&M website) on the outbound. He only really bought this ticket for the possibility of upgrading. So I used his 2 eVouchers to request an upgrade for him, and we got an e-mail saying that he has been waitlisted.
It took 5 months for my last upgrade to move from the waitlist to success and I only found out by accident as I was not emailed about it.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iainbhx
It took 5 months for my last upgrade to move from the waitlist to success and I only found out by accident as I was not emailed about it.
So... just keep checking? When is the last moment at which it can go through?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
If you booked the ticket through Lufthansa you will get an e-mail when wait list clears. Ih ave waited between 3 months and 3 minutes (the last upgrade I requested from D to O on an A380 yesterday cleared within 3 minutes).
S
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
If you booked the ticket through Lufthansa you will get an e-mail when wait list clears. Ih ave waited between 3 months and 3 minutes (the last upgrade I requested from D to O on an A380 yesterday cleared within 3 minutes).
S
thanks...
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I believe awards to JNB at Christmas are difficult to get.

Originally Posted by iainbhx
Wasn't yours an upgrade from C>F rather than Y>C?

Originally Posted by pianoamit
So... just keep checking? When is the last moment at which it can go through?
You may want to check this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...y-updated.html

Once OLCI starts and seating is under airport control I believe all waitlist requests are cancelled and must be requested again if still not cleared.

I think waitlisting for awards for SEN is an unofficial perk (with the possible exception of A380 F) but it still seems to work from time to time. Y to C upgrades with eVouchers (or miles) seems to be one of the very few remaining published HON perks left. I have a TATL booking in S which I managed to upgrade with eVouchers to try out the new Business on 748i on flights which did not show any C award availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.