Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA Plat
weird... i was on that thread and logged in to ask but then it moved threads on me.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
I don't see a better place for this question, but feel free to ask me to move it. I am looking to move miles over to book an LH flight under the following parameters:

1. 2 Seats
2. Leaves between 6/16 and 6/20 and I can pull the trigger the day before the flight (so if 6/16 opens on 6/15 I am good to go)
3. Leaves out of NYC, IAD, or ORD (other flights are possible but those seem to be the easiest to get to)
4. I will have a connection but that seems to be readily available on basically every date out of FRA and cheap to pay cash if needed out of MUC

I think these are pretty broad, is it worth the risk of transferring miles? I have a flight booked if I can't get on LH but would rather not strand the miles if this is a pipe dream.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
When are F seats released (post -14days)?

I tried searching but couldn't really find any up to date information. I'm aware that LH opens up for partners T-14 days. I was just wondering if there's any kind of pattern after those 14 days on when it opens up?

I've been looking at a couple of flights that are F6, F5 and they haven't opened and we're 11 days out. Is there a logic to it or is it pure luck-based after T-14 days?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:29 pm

I was actually wondering this too, so I kept a spreadsheet for about a week for most of the major US gateways. No matter what I looked at I don't see any real "pattern" with some of the routes. I have noticed that some of the later flights (late ORD, late BOS) seemed to open up at least 2 if they had 5+ seats. Also DFW was pretty open most days, which is what I have booked right now. I will say MIA and IAD seemed to open up the least seats from the days that I looked at. This was my first LH F booking, so others may have better data points.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No 'luck-based' algorithm. If LH expects to sell the seat (eg from LAX/SFO) they will hold on to the inventory for a while. At T-2/3d they may release award inventory to entice J/C/D ticketed pax to upgrade. Sometimes the flights are oversold in the back and they need seats upfornt to compensate.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Only pattern I see is that T-3 to T-2 days is the prime time for O space to be available from LH.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:29 pm

I had a very strange experience today. I made an award booking back in Dec FRA-VIE-MIA in J on OS hoping to change to LH F when/if it became available for the end of August. I have been checking the M & M website to see if it became available and also called in about every 2 weeks since I assumed availability might be different from the website to calling direct.

The flight has been showing an empty F cabin on Expert Flyer. Yesterday, the M & M website showed availability in F. I called first thing this morning, but the agent did not see any award seats in F. The website still showed it. I cancelled my booking on OS and paid the 50 Euro cancellation fee. While the agent showed my miles balance being credited immediately, I couldn't see it on my end. I switched browsers, I switched computers, at one time I had the increased mileage balance showing under the "My account tab" but not under the name tab. I tried to book the F flight and got an error message " not enough miles to book". I was sweating bricks and called back. Again, the agent showed no seats available in F on my flight, but saw my full mileage balance, while I clearly saw the flight being available but the miles weren't there.

I gave up and waited 2 hours. Logged back in, the credited miles were there and I was able to book FRA - MIA in F without a problem. Checked Expert Flyer's seat map and the seat I chose shows occupied.

Miles & More website definitely needs some bug fixing.....Now I'm just worried if I will ever see a refund of the taxes and fees for my cancelled OS flight.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does LH offer equal access to its awards invetory for all star alliance members or some partners like UA have special access to inventory over other partners?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:14 am

I think the point of sales restrictions were put in place to limit access for some programs.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
I booked yesterday for a Nov 21st flight EWR to FRA to DEL, I was able to select the seats via a booking locator and last name United gave me.

I just changed my seat from 5k to 6k on B748 & A380 11k to 12k, id rather be somewhere in the middle of the bathroom and galley location.. it's my 1st LH flight on B748 afternoon flight and A380 also, selected the window seat due to storage compartment on the window sides.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by blueman2
Only pattern I see is that T-3 to T-2 days is the prime time for O space to be available from LH.
This is the pattern I noticed to or from FRA. However for flights from or to MUC it is more relaxed.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: *G, LO SEN, Shangri-la Diamond
QQ on M&M website award search tool - does it really show all F seats available for upgrade? Or should I call SEN hotline to understand the real availability?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:58 am

AFAIR there are differences for availability, so best bet is to call.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
question, is it possibly to upgrade a LH J ticket to F using Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Lewis42
question, is it possibly to upgrade a LH J ticket to F using Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles?
If booked in C/D/J you can upgrade to F using TK M&S: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr...-upgrade-award

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.