Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:57 am

Booking LH First with SAS EuroBonus (booked through AMEX)

Hi,

I'm holding a ticket with the SAS EuroBonus for LH First booked using the AMEX ticketing for EuroBonus members. Actually I wanted to fly the 380 through FRA but only got seats on a 346 from MUC. Interesting enough LH, United, ANA and Aeroplan show availability for 2 seats on that flight but the AMEX guys can only see one free seat?

Any idea if LH will open up the second seat for all *A programs? Or any other tip to get hold of the 380 seat?

Thanks!
fassy
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
I recently flew LH F and was able to snag this seat 2 months before departure using United miles. I think this 14-day rule must be looser on certain routes harder to fill?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:35 am

Thanks, can't be the 14 day lockout. The flights are for next week...
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
Thanks, can't be the 14 day lockout. The flights are for next week...
good luck!!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:43 am

Thanks!

Still shows 2 O class seats on United.com and Miles-and-more.com but the AMEX agents can only see one free O class seat. Not the end of the world, F is F also in an A340 but I was really looking forward to see the FCT in FRA.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:24 am

MM shows more inventory to own members than to Eurobonus...so no point in looking for seats there.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by TommyL
MM shows more inventory to own members than to Eurobonus...so no point in looking for seats there.
I know, but United, ANA an Aeroplan also show availability...
Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:24 pm

Ok...very strange then!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:18 am

Found the issue.

Married segments... separate JFK-FRA and FRA-HAM won't show availability to the AMEX guys but NYC-HAM shows two seats in F on the 380 through FRA @:-)

Just rebooked on the big bird ^!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MVP,SPG GOLD,UA,AA,Kirs, IHG Plat
My experience in booking LH F award with Asiana miles

Just wanted to share my recent experience on trying to book FRA - ORD and in the end was only able to book FRA - IAD on LH F and connected to ORD on UA

Transferred SPG points into Asiana - took 18 days
Started checking 21 days out and also set Expert flyer alert that didn't seem to work...

14 days out was able to book FRA - IAD
I kept on checking and the flt I wanted to ORD only opened up 48 hours with 4 seats available and Asiana's policy only allows changes up to 72 hours prior. I think that LH might have been waiting for the last minute to open the flight I wanted since it was on Sunday and the one on Sat and Monday were open to *S awards 14 days out.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:18 pm

I have been checking religiously since D-14 for a DXB-FRA departing this weekend.

As the flight was quite full, there weren't any seats released despite 10 days passing since the D-14 date, but an hour ago I saw one seat pop up. (The flight is still very busy)

So if you're really determined to grab an O seat using partner miles, keep checking past D-14 and you might still be lucky.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Plat
LH 456 for next week (8/9-8/11) -- anyone seeing any availability at all to UA? Just called the UA agent, no availability in any class whatsoever for 8/11, surprisingly!

Out of curiosity, if theres a limited number of award seats available and theyre sold, do more unfilled seats become available as award closer in?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by np05
Out of curiosity, if theres a limited number of award seats available and theyre sold, do more unfilled seats become available as award closer in?
Yes, they are strictly limited and yes it is possible they open up more award seats if the revenue management thinks the seats will not be sold. So keep checking, but be not disappointed if nothing opens up.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA Plat
SFO-FRA LH 455 on 8/20/2016?

I'm in Z. Called to change my seat to bassinet row but was told business is full. Chance of op-up to first? I'm a SEN.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by swissmister
SFO-FRA LH 455 on 8/20/2016?

I'm in Z. Called to change my seat to bassinet row but was told business is full. Chance of op-up to first? I'm a SEN.
Wrong thread... This one is about awards on *A partners.
You don' t have an award as you are in Z.
And you are not on *A partners as you are SEN.

Chance for an opup? Only LH knows... Maybe 23,53831 %

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.