Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Flying's become so complicated. In the 70s/80s, there used to be a handful of published fares only, and for really important people LH checked the "VIP" box on the back of your boarding pass. Nowadays you need a doctorate to identify the best fare and have about 20 categories of importance for passengers.... But on the other hand the beds in F are much more comfortable today than 40 years ago :-)
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: M&M HON***
12apr15 grufra from d to f
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:47 pm

I'm LH SEN travelling on Economy (T) from FRA-PNQ. I know that I cannot even upgrade by paying or vouchers or even miles. So any chance I can get upgraded if Economy is full and seats are available in Business?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
LH is now upgrading by booking class rather than status, which puts you at the bottom of the food chain, unfortunately.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Last night on LH flight ORD-FRA upgraded at check in from D to F ^
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Yesterday afternoon from S to C on MUC-LHR.

Second upgrade I have ever had on LH after 23+ years either FTL or SEN.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
11APR LYS-ZRH S to C
The flight was overbooked and the check-in staff told me that as a SEN it is "normal" that I am the one who is upgraded.
It seems that they do not follow the class rules in LYS but more the Status.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by mat_bkk
11APR LYS-ZRH S to C
The flight was overbooked and the check-in staff told me that as a SEN it is "normal" that I am the one who is upgraded.
It seems that they do not follow the class rules in LYS but more the Status.
Well, I think it's hit and miss. I've had about 6 or 7 upgrades on VIE-ZRH (regardless whether OS or LX) throughout the last year, and have had flights where I have been upgraded travelling on V or S fares, while not being upgraded on M or B fares (even though the plane was packed to the roof). Go figure...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland

I was on LH 2480 yesterday afternoon MUC-LHR (full flight). Were you on this flight as well? I was not upgraded and I was booked in Q.

Not complaining though - I was upgraded by LH twice in just one week on the same PNR (and I'm a lowly FTL!). Last upgrade was on Friday FRA-MUC. Booked and confirmed one of the front-row seats during OLCI, was reassigned a seat at the back of the aircraft at the airport check-in counter (as my original seat suddenly became part of Business Class) and then at the gate my boarding pass was scanned and I received a new boarding pass with an exit window seat.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
I was on LH 2480 yesterday afternoon MUC-LHR (full flight). Were you on this flight as well? I was not upgraded and I was booked in Q.
No I was on the earlier 2476. I reckon the plane was pretty full and I also noticed quite a few of the pre-boarding group (not me I'm also only FTL) being allocated different seats when they swiped their BPs with the gate staff.

We were on an A320 with only three rows in business and two empty seats, so I am assuming there were only a couple of people originally booked in C but maybe overbooking in Y and selected people just got bumped up and my luck came along again (after more than two decades).
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland

I will be on the MUC-LHR flight next weekend. Do you generally request for an upgrade or just wait to see if you get upgraded? So, far quite a few economy seats available, so do not any reason why they would bump me to C. But thought, just ask anyways.

Thx in advance
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
When a cabin is oversold, the flight manager (in hubs) or duty manager (in out stations) looks at a so called grading list to determine whom to upgrade (top of the list) or off load (bottom of the list) from the flight. This list is the general guideline for the gate agent, if they deviate from it they have to give a valid reason. So it doesn't hurt to ask (or give the famous UA 'speech': http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ne-thread.html ) but don't get you hopes up.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:56 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
last week Y (award) to J on AC ORD to YUL. First OpUp EVER.
Old May 4, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: M&M SEN
OpUp from S to C on KRK-VIE on OS.
Austrian was selling 4 C and 2 Y tickets a few hours before departure; flight left without an empty seat.
Old May 4, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Another J(C Fare) > F op-up on 1 May on FRA-LAX. Pretty funny because I had put in for an upgrade using a UA GPU which didn't clear. Then they ended up giving me an op-up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.