FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1277580-post-your-recent-opup-ftl-sen-hon-08-2011-a.html)

SKILLSEN Dec 11, 2009 1:57 am

Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -]

Hi everyone,

This is the first thread for me @ FT, which is a great forum!
I'm just wondering how common it is to get an opup when having status on M&M on LH/LX/OS or other Star alliance carriers.

Me myself have experienced quite a few opup since I got my SEN card:cool:.

my last one was on FRA-GOT V => C

have a great day!

ded0r Aug 12, 2011 4:48 am

Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -]

This Tuesday on FRA-ORD from Z to F. My 2nd OpUp on longhoul LH out of 5 longhoul segments. Not too bad. Was fortunate to enjoy new F too. The bed on 744 upper deck is just lovely.

jokester46 Aug 12, 2011 5:08 pm

SEN for almost 8 years, first up in while LX ZRH to GRU C-> F on the first leg of a RTW ticket

SenAOI Aug 18, 2011 11:29 am

Aug. 16th: FRA-DEN opup from D to F.

volta Aug 20, 2011 10:56 am

Aug 20th: MUC-TLV Y(Q)->C

Coming from US, just needed those few hours of sleep

Zeehe Aug 22, 2011 5:42 am

I flew FRA - MAD. I did not check-in online but at the first class check-in counter in FRA. The charming agent just handed me a boarding pass with a C class seat and I put up my biggest smile and said thank you. First op-up ever, really made my day. Flight was almost full with one free seat in business and about 5 free seats in economy.

LH SEN: Economy W -> Business C, intra-European.

According to the purser I was the only SEN on board, no HONs present either. On a related note, in case someone wondered if it is possible in this situation, I swapped my FFP number at the lounge for my A3 one which did not cause any trouble or questions.

whiskey_sk Aug 24, 2011 4:20 pm

LH1242 FRA-VIE yesterday. Flight was full, the automatic boarding gate just printed a slip saying "new seat". Original fare was M.

nycvisitor Aug 25, 2011 4:56 am

OS 87 (Aug 24th) VIE-JFK, Y (cheap V/red-ticket fare) to C as UA Premier (*S). :D

phylax Aug 26, 2011 5:17 am

July 2010: SFO-FRA Z to F
August 2010: FRA-CAI Y to C
Feb 2011: FRA-BRU Y to C
May 2011: BCN - FRA Y to C
Jun 2011: FRA-TXL Y to C
July 2011: FRA-DXB Y to C

all of them because flight was oversold. My impression is that I always get upgraded when Y is oversold. Maybe because I usually have B (eco flexible) tickets and run up to ca. 150k status miles on LH.

Fotti Sep 4, 2011 9:08 am

LX BUD-ZRH yesterday. Flight was full, scanning of boarding pass at gate returned "seat discrepancy", got upgraded from row 2 (=Y) to row 1 (=C).
Original fare was S.

mamb0 Sep 4, 2011 10:48 am

End of July FRA-TLV-FRA my 6 yo and me got u/g from I to O
Middle of August our 3 kids got an u/g from W to I, I got an upgrade from D to O which I gave my wife (also in D) and I sat with my kids. (self pat on the back).

olm022 Sep 4, 2011 2:10 pm

VIE-CGN U-->I (originally booked in K, but due to OS mistake, re-booked in U)

The flight was originally overbooked by 5 people in Y and there were only 4 seats in C. After connecting in Vienna, in the lounge I offered to pro-actively VDB (had 2 hours before the CGN-bound flight). The lady confirmed that they may need one person for denied boarding. At the end, exactly one passenger did not show up. Upon boarding, gate agents thanked me for the assistance and gave me a new BP for 2C. Two friends of mine who were traveling with me (2 SENs) remained in Y even though they had M and Y-fare tickets. Also, there were 5 more SENs, 10 FLTs and one saying STATUS PAX (pax manifest info)

Medeho Sep 6, 2011 2:36 am

September 5th: MAA-FRA Y(Q)->C and FRA-OSL Y(Q)->C

Op-up for me and gf (FTL)

Busy times :)

Flyer13 Sep 6, 2011 6:11 am

Just lucky

August 20th: MUC-NRT Y(Q)->C

Op-up for me and wife (FTL)
Weekend flight: Economy and Business class both completely full

hdogan Sep 19, 2011 5:09 am

It's been over a year since my last opup, but yesterday - surprisingly enough - I got upgraded from Y (T!!) to C on FRA-BUD. Y was full, C had one more free seat.