Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what lounge in MIA for F pax?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
what lounge in MIA for F pax?

Flying F tomorrow MIA-FRA-BOM. What is lounge situation at MIA? Assume not as good as JFK with dedicated F floor
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
Flying F tomorrow MIA-FRA-BOM. What is lounge situation at MIA? Assume not as good as JFK with dedicated F floor
The F lounge , not a dedicated floor , if that is better than a dedicated room , for some reason
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Not impressive. One of worst in NA. Small snacks and a grouchy bar tender...
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Originally Posted by JBauer
Not impressive. One of worst in NA. Small snacks and a grouchy bar tender...
+1

not even worth a visit imho
Old Feb 14, 2011, 2:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Contract lounge.... "Club America"

Don't expect anything.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: LH HON
You can expect "anything". Was there in January. Friendly bar lady, nice seating area. A lot of space. View to the tarmac.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by shipsmail
You can expect "anything". Was there in January. Friendly bar lady, nice seating area. A lot of space. View to the tarmac.
I think the Club America is also a PriorityPass lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

http://www.miami-airport.com/club_america_j.asp
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Well when you get off your flight please do a review of this lounge. I am going through MIA in a couple of months.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by nissan720
Well when you get off your flight please do a review of this lounge. I am going through MIA in a couple of months.
Can write you an in-process view. Seperate F lounge that is next door to J lounge. Lounge and looks out over part of airfield and few gates. 14 people in lounge now (which means full F cabin unless some of these people are HONs who are in J) but lounge is spacious so plenty of spaces to sit.

Newspaper and mag selection is bad. 1 English paper (USA Today) and 3 - 4 German dailies. Also 3-4 German mags

Free wifi with a code.

Food selection is quite horrible. Worst than even DL's Crown Lounges which are not great.
2 soups. 3 types of sandwiches which look unappealing. Some nuts, fruit, chips and cookies. Have to ask bartender for any drink incl just water. Huge pain. They have espresso but no latte or cap.

Overall, below average total experience. Not worthy of LH F
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
Can write you an in-process view. Seperate F lounge that is next door to J lounge. Lounge and looks out over part of airfield and few gates. 14 people in lounge now (which means full F cabin unless some of these people are HONs who are in J) but lounge is spacious so plenty of spaces to sit.

Newspaper and mag selection is bad. 1 English paper (USA Today) and 3 - 4 German dailies. Also 3-4 German mags

Free wifi with a code.

Food selection is quite horrible. Worst than even DL's Crown Lounges which are not great.
2 soups. 3 types of sandwiches which look unappealing. Some nuts, fruit, chips and cookies. Have to ask bartender for any drink incl just water. Huge pain. They have espresso but no latte or cap.

Overall, below average total experience. Not worthy of LH F
No need to load up for a late afternoon flight , just enjoy the dinner on board.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:38 am

Does the F lounge feature acceptable shower facilities? As it seems I have a trip coming up and can retunr in F from MIA (either LX or LH).
Don't care about food offerings (eat on board as others suggested), but maybe a beer or two and a shower.
Thanks for advice
W
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by Wombelero
Does the F lounge feature acceptable shower facilities? As it seems I have a trip coming up and can retunr in F from MIA (either LX or LH).
Don't care about food offerings (eat on board as others suggested), but maybe a beer or two and a shower.
Thanks for advice
W
They do have a shower, but I never used it so I cannot comment on it. Even if it is quite modest as other posters have mentioned, the lounge is new and clean, so I assume the shower room should be acceptable. Also a small business center is available.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:38 am

some pictures of the lounge that I took last week:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...1522726&type=1
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:12 am

Thank you for the information. It seems to be new then? I was there about 2 years ago but before security in a very bland lounge with basically no offerings.

After having checked the airport website and with your answers I assume this is a new lounge after security.
W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.