FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   what lounge in MIA for F pax? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1183688-what-lounge-mia-f-pax.html)

anandrag Feb 13, 2011 4:37 pm

what lounge in MIA for F pax?

Flying F tomorrow MIA-FRA-BOM. What is lounge situation at MIA? Assume not as good as JFK with dedicated F floor

seat 1a Feb 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 15857665)
Flying F tomorrow MIA-FRA-BOM. What is lounge situation at MIA? Assume not as good as JFK with dedicated F floor

The F lounge , not a dedicated floor , if that is better than a dedicated room , for some reason:confused:

JBauer Feb 14, 2011 12:37 am

Not impressive. One of worst in NA. Small snacks and a grouchy bar tender...

pilatusguy Feb 14, 2011 12:40 am

Originally Posted by JBauer (Post 15859406)
Not impressive. One of worst in NA. Small snacks and a grouchy bar tender...

+1

not even worth a visit imho

oliver2002 Feb 14, 2011 2:32 am

Contract lounge.... "Club America"

Don't expect anything.

shipsmail Feb 14, 2011 6:34 am

You can expect "anything". Was there in January. Friendly bar lady, nice seating area. A lot of space. View to the tarmac.

Rambuster Feb 14, 2011 7:14 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail (Post 15860234)
You can expect "anything". Was there in January. Friendly bar lady, nice seating area. A lot of space. View to the tarmac.

I think the Club America is also a PriorityPass lounge.

oliver2002 Feb 14, 2011 8:30 am

http://www.miami-airport.com/club_america_j.asp

nissan720 Feb 14, 2011 11:29 am

Well when you get off your flight please do a review of this lounge. I am going through MIA in a couple of months.

anandrag Feb 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by nissan720 (Post 15862046)
Well when you get off your flight please do a review of this lounge. I am going through MIA in a couple of months.

Can write you an in-process view. Seperate F lounge that is next door to J lounge. Lounge and looks out over part of airfield and few gates. 14 people in lounge now (which means full F cabin unless some of these people are HONs who are in J) but lounge is spacious so plenty of spaces to sit.

Newspaper and mag selection is bad. 1 English paper (USA Today) and 3 - 4 German dailies. Also 3-4 German mags

Free wifi with a code.

Food selection is quite horrible. Worst than even DL's Crown Lounges which are not great.
2 soups. 3 types of sandwiches which look unappealing. Some nuts, fruit, chips and cookies. Have to ask bartender for any drink incl just water. Huge pain. They have espresso but no latte or cap.

Overall, below average total experience. Not worthy of LH F

seat 1a Feb 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 15862810)
Can write you an in-process view. Seperate F lounge that is next door to J lounge. Lounge and looks out over part of airfield and few gates. 14 people in lounge now (which means full F cabin unless some of these people are HONs who are in J) but lounge is spacious so plenty of spaces to sit.

Newspaper and mag selection is bad. 1 English paper (USA Today) and 3 - 4 German dailies. Also 3-4 German mags

Free wifi with a code.

Food selection is quite horrible. Worst than even DL's Crown Lounges which are not great.
2 soups. 3 types of sandwiches which look unappealing. Some nuts, fruit, chips and cookies. Have to ask bartender for any drink incl just water. Huge pain. They have espresso but no latte or cap.

Overall, below average total experience. Not worthy of LH F

No need to load up for a late afternoon flight , just enjoy the dinner on board.;)

Wombelero Jul 20, 2011 10:38 am

Does the F lounge feature acceptable shower facilities? As it seems I have a trip coming up and can retunr in F from MIA (either LX or LH).
Don't care about food offerings (eat on board as others suggested), but maybe a beer or two and a shower.
Thanks for advice
W

afmiami Jul 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Wombelero (Post 16763629)
Does the F lounge feature acceptable shower facilities? As it seems I have a trip coming up and can retunr in F from MIA (either LX or LH).
Don't care about food offerings (eat on board as others suggested), but maybe a beer or two and a shower.
Thanks for advice
W

They do have a shower, but I never used it so I cannot comment on it. Even if it is quite modest as other posters have mentioned, the lounge is new and clean, so I assume the shower room should be acceptable. Also a small business center is available.

Meilensammler Jul 21, 2011 12:38 am

some pictures of the lounge that I took last week:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...1522726&type=1

Wombelero Jul 21, 2011 1:12 am

Thank you for the information. It seems to be new then? I was there about 2 years ago but before security in a very bland lounge with basically no offerings.

After having checked the airport website and with your answers I assume this is a new lounge after security.
W