Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antinori is out of reach to LH customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:36 am

No two really BIG clients told us over the passed few weeks that they had decided NOT to change their current Eco only policy.....
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moeve
The decision to ignore the Premium Eco segment may also be one of those bad ones. The market is there especially when lots of german companies downgraded their flight options and many are not planning on spending more reguardless of the bettering economy
IMO, Y+ is just an excuse if you have (or intend to have) a Y product which is so bad nobody in their right mind would fly it, and C is out of your reach.

LH's plain Y is comparable to every Y+ I've flown with. If they had Y+, that would probably be an excuse to deteriorate Y.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
LH's plain Y is comparable to every Y+ I've flown with...
oh boy, you better duck and run now...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Talking

Originally Posted by LH/LX
...Antinori ...

I wonder which customers of LH asked for that and whether the guy is stupid or just pretending to be stupid ?
That's a difficult question
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
...why does LH make such an "over the top" experience for F/HON customers at the FCT/FCL ? ....
Did I miss this so far? I like the FCT very much but would I call it "over the top"? - Certainly not! The FCT is very nice for me but that's it. Nothing more @:-)
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by moeve
No two really BIG clients told us over the passed few weeks that they had decided NOT to change their current Eco only policy.....

Since C is fully booked anyway these days on many interconti bread & butter routes, actually great news for LH.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:04 am

IMO, Y+ is just an excuse if you have (or intend to have) a Y product which is so bad nobody in their right mind would fly it, and C is out of your reach.
Fits right into LH then.

LH's plain Y is comparable to every Y+ I've flown with. If they had Y+, that would probably be an excuse to deteriorate Y.
The only comparable Y+ product is Economy Plus on United, but it's mostly about upsells and not a separate cabin. Still, I'd rather have it (with a couple inches extra legroom and lousy service) then regular LH Y experience.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...

IME, and I fly mostly in Y, LH Y is worse than OS,LX,SQ,EK and TG Y...but YMMV..
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by sentom
oh boy, you better duck and run now...
My comment wasn't on the quality of LH Y, but to the lack of quality of Y+ across the board and the fact that Y+ is an excuse to squeeze Y seats even tighter and provide even less service in Y... So, you could also read it as
"even LH's plain Y is comparable..." if you wish to berate LH
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
IME, and I fly mostly in Y, LH Y is worse than OS,LX,SQ,EK and TG Y...but YMMV..
Last year I got booked on a LH codeshare operated by SK. IIRC, I was booked in V or W, and SK classified that as plain economy. Last time I flew SK, they didn't have Y/Y+, but this (at least on this particular flight) was just horrifying. The Y service looked just like Ryanair, but with seat numbers on boarding passes.

Luckily, I got op-upped to Y+ (yay!... not.) :-o

But anyway, as you said, OMMV, and we still have a way to go to contemplate inferiority of C and F perks
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:32 pm

My comment wasn't on the quality of LH Y, but to the lack of quality of Y+ across the board and the fact that Y+ is an excuse to squeeze Y seats even tighter and provide even less service in Y... So, you could also read it as
"even LH's plain Y is comparable..." if you wish to berate LH
Quite every proper Y+ product looks more appealing to me then LH Y (be it for the layout, pitch, entertainment, food, seat features - or all combined). Especially, since at least from my country, most of them are available for not that much more then LH V fares.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by CommittedLurker

2. People talk about LH's functionality, but then why does LH make such an "over the top" experience for F/HON customers at the FCT/FCL ? They could easily use a bus instead of a Merc/Porsche to ferry people to the aircraft. Why have tubs in the bathrooms ? Showers are more practical. They are into all of this hoopla, just only on the ground - not in the air where the traveler spends the majority of his time.
Not sure it is an over the top experience for F passengers , but it is a top service for HON's. I have saved substantial time in not having to show up at the airport hours prior to the flight , and I cant begin to tell you how many short connections I have made thanks to their excellent ground service. Should i miss it anyway I would be perfectly happy to soak in a tub , followed by a could shower ,share a schnitzel with Rambuster ,sip on a cognac and enjoy a nice cigar .

I would , however ,leave the ducks for someone else to collect.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by seat 1a
Not sure it is an over the top experience for F passengers , but it is a top service for HON's. I have saved substantial time in not having to show up at the airport hours prior to the flight , and I cant begin to tell you how many short connections I have made thanks to their excellent ground service. Should i miss it anyway I would be perfectly happy to soak in a tub , followed by a could shower ,share a schnitzel with Rambuster ,sip on a cognac and enjoy a nice cigar .

I would , however ,leave the ducks for someone else to collect.
Let's order two Schnitzels instead of sharing one!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Let's order two Schnitzels instead of sharing one!
Diet
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
LH's plain Y is comparable to every Y+ I've flown with...
Excuse me: Are you working for LH?
Could you specify "every Y+ youīve flown"? Which Airlines have a Y+ comparable with LH Y?
And please donīt tell us that itīs comparable since both airlines (LH and ?) have (at least) a seat or anything like that!
As long as you donīt compare exit row seats with Y+, there is nothing to compare!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.