Wiki Posts
Search

Antinori is out of reach to LH customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Antinori is out of reach to LH customers

In an article presented in flight global magazine, Antinori mentioned that LH deliberately designed the LH A380 as basic and out of luxury as possible claiming that LH customers are the ones who are asking for that:

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...380-cabin.html

I wonder which customers of LH asked for that and whether the guy is stupid or just pretending to be stupid ?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:57 am

Not sure what you read into the article. I have not been on the LH380 yet, but i tend to have a similar viewpoint. I fly F a lot and certain things are important for me: Privacy and quietness, a flat long and wide enough sleeping surface, humidity, internet, lounges/check in areas with private security/immigration are important for me. Showers, separate seat and bed or overpriced R class (like SQ) is what i don't want or need.
LH is far from perfect, and i have a loooong list what i would like to have improved, but they are closer to what i want than other airlines.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by LH/LX
In an article presented in flight global magazine, Antinori mentioned that LH deliberately designed the LH A380 as basic and out of luxury as possible claiming that LH customers are the ones who are asking for that:

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...380-cabin.html

I wonder which customers of LH asked for that and whether the guy is stupid or just pretending to be stupid ?
+1
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
I like to ask you the same question...and like to add another one, why do care to open a new thread for something that is already known since years.

LH is not into the hoozapalooza of showers, private suites, boxspring beds, really exquisite wine and champagne etc.

They are in the business to make money and corporate customers are interested in relatively low fares in combination with a certain level of comfort and first and foremost a wide ranging schedule and reliability...

They do not really care about the el cheapo average FT user trying to maximize his/her Safeway purchases in order to snatch a seat in C across the pond.

If you consider that stupid, I strongly recommend to go into the airline industry, you have quite a career aheaf of you ^
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I wonder which customers of LH asked for that...
Here's an answer. @:-)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13990474-post398.html

I'm not a frequent F flyer compared with many who post in this forum but I have flown about 10 LH F segments in the last year or so on A380, 744 and A3xx and tend to agree with Unterwegs as well as M. Antinori. I'm glad LH didn't go for showers, suites or a bar in F and instead opted for functional "luxuries".

Yes, this has been discussed in this forum over and over again. Why start a new thread on an article which is 8 months old?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, this has been discussed in this forum over and over again. Why start a new thread on an article which is 8 months old?
Not to mention a grammatically tortured title...

perhaps "out of TOUCH WITH LH customers"?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by econprof
Not to mention a grammatically tortured title...

perhaps "out of TOUCH WITH LH customers"?
Yes, but we don't comment on the standard of English in this forum - as long as it makes some sense.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, but we don't comment on the standard of English in this forum - as long as it makes some sense.
HA. I thought the thread title was a complaint that LH didn't have service to some parts of Italy...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by cmacdona101
HA. I thought the thread title was a complaint that LH didn't have service to some parts of Italy...
^
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well, since Antinori will become the Chairman of OS this quarter, he is certainly 'out of reach'. Regarding the rest of the OP I certainly not agree. LH is a company that tries to make the best business decision. Sure it involves their core customer base but it also takes a good look on what is a sustainable business. The compromise is reflected in the product(s) they offer.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13990474-post398.html

I'm not a frequent F flyer compared with many who post in this forum but I have flown about 10 LH F segments in the last year or so on A380, 744 and A3xx and tend to agree with Unterwegs as well as M. Antinori. I'm glad LH didn't go for showers, suites or a bar in F and instead opted for functional "luxuries".

Having recently flown SQ R and F. I would tend to agree that the gimmicks of Showers, Bars etc are not required although the Suite was nice. But the F experience overall is much more pleasant on SQ.

However the SQ experience even in C is way, way ahead of LH. I have two more long haul trips this year and I've already allotted a significant price that I will personally pay to go SQ rather than LH. The other one is to North America, so LH will be fine

Yes, I'll be joining the hordes in the SEN lounges later this year
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by iainbhx
However the SQ experience even in C is way, way ahead of LH. I have two more long haul trips this year and I've already allotted a significant price that I will personally pay to go SQ rather than LH. The other one is to North America, so LH will be fine
Believe me or not, I sleep better in the LH sloping C seat than in the SQ C seat on A380. I actually hate that seat! I did not find it good at all. I could not sit in it (too big) and could not sleep in it (too hard). Mrs vbroucek being short was even more disappointed. Thanks God it was award ticket (using M&M miles) only and not revenue... And BTW, I will be joining SEN horders soon too...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Believe me or not, I sleep better in the LH sloping C seat than in the SQ C seat on A380. I actually hate that seat! I did not find it good at all. I could not sit in it (too big) and could not sleep in it (too hard). Mrs vbroucek being short was even more disappointed. Thanks God it was award ticket (using M&M miles) only and not revenue... And BTW, I will be joining SEN horders soon too...
I find the SQ A380 seat just fine for sleeping in (I'm tall and, ahem, wide), I even prefer the SQ A330 regional J seat for dozing in to the LH sloping seat. Add that to the standard of service and I'm prepared to pay a significant premium - however, it looks like LH for the next trip simply because the difference is above that premium.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by FD1971
..They do not really care about the el cheapo average FT user trying to maximize his/her Safeway purchases in order to snatch a seat in C across the pond..
What I love about the LH board that the cheapo average FT users are able to openly express their disdain for the average cheapo FT users. This form of ambition is the key to success ^ !
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
..I fly F a lot and certain things are important for me: Privacy and quietness, a flat long and wide enough sleeping surface, humidity, internet...
And where - other than on the very few 380s they own - does LH provide this ? I fully understand that LH's propagandaminister is megaphoning the qualities of the 380 and the 380 only ... but as a customer ending up on a 380 rather than a stinkin' 744 is like winning the raffle.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by weero
What I love about the LH board that the cheapo average FT users are able to openly express their disdain for the average cheapo FT users. This form of ambition is the key to success ^ !
And where US DM miles maximisers are able to openly express their disdain for other US DM miles maximisers. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.