FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Connecting in Warsaw [WAW] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1170127-connecting-warsaw-waw.html)

CMK10 Aug 18, 2015 6:33 am

Originally Posted by wadewadewade (Post 25287194)
Hi guys - have just booked GDN-WAW-KRK on one ticket, 30 minute connection in WAW but as it's domestic and we'll just have hand luggage, it should be a breeze...

...even though it's in December and the GDN-WAW leg is on a prop plane, right?!

If you booked it for December 27, I'll be making a 30 minute connection (VNO-WAW-OTP) on the same day :D

wadewadewade Aug 18, 2015 7:05 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 25287863)
If you booked it for December 27, I'll be making a 30 minute connection (VNO-WAW-OTP) on the same day :D

Good luck! Mine's earlier in the month.

We're connecting to the 1:30pm flight so if it all goes (mildly) tits up then there's the 2:30pm flight at least. I've been sent round the houses on a b2b in Jersey before so it sounds like WAW will be a breeze!

hellosweets Aug 18, 2015 8:39 am

Originally Posted by wadewadewade (Post 25287982)
Good luck! Mine's earlier in the month.

We're connecting to the 1:30pm flight so if it all goes (mildly) tits up then there's the 2:30pm flight at least. I've been sent round the houses on a b2b in Jersey before so it sounds like WAW will be a breeze!

30 minutes or even 5-10minutes should be more than enough if operations go smoothly. Most of domestic flights to/from WAW come and go in clusters that is All inbound flights come within 5-10minute difference to each other and go with the same difference. They also tend to set off from the gates that are next to each other.
In case your flight is delayed you'd be rescheduled for next cluster.

Duke787 Sep 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Booking 2 separate tickets on LO and A3 for BRU - WAW - ATH - JTR. Have to book as 2 tickets (only found out about routing because it was offered as an award ticket but if booked as 2 separate tickets is $160/person) so I won't be protected if there is a misconnect.

Biggest concern is 80 minute layover at WAW for transfer from LO to A3. EF says it's fine for MCT - have never flown through WAW so just want to make sure I won't have any trouble barring significant delays.

AhogZ Sep 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 25486091)
Booking 2 separate tickets on LO and A3 for BRU - WAW - ATH - JTR. Have to book as 2 tickets (only found out about routing because it was offered as an award ticket but if booked as 2 separate tickets is $160/person) so I won't be protected if there is a misconnect.

Biggest concern is 80 minute layover at WAW for transfer from LO to A3. EF says it's fine for MCT - have never flown through WAW so just want to make sure I won't have any trouble barring significant delays.

You'll perfectly fine, it is just going upstairs, using movable stairs and passport control. Doable in 20-30 minutes if no major delays.

AlicorporateUK Sep 28, 2015 3:50 am

Originally Posted by AhogZ (Post 25487174)
You'll perfectly fine, it is just going upstairs, using movable stairs and passport control. Doable in 20-30 minutes if no major delays.

In theory, yes (a few months ago, I did a 25-minute LH-LO connection at WAW on separate tickets - I did actually report it on this thread); in practice, especially in winter (I'm not sure when Duke787 is due to fly), I wouldn't be so comfortable with it.

it is just going upstairs, using movable stairs and passport control.

Passport control? Arriving from BRU?

G

alexandrabozga Sep 28, 2015 3:11 pm

I wrote a few months ago about an one ticket LoT flight Cph-Waw-Otp with a 35 minutes layover in Waw. I chose then to take the other flight option with a 50 minutes layover in Mun. But this time, in december, it's my one and only alternative. So...wish me luck!
I have some question also:
1. We will pass trough passport control and security check because we come from schengen to non-schengen zone?
2. How long does it take for checked baggage to be transfer from a plane to another by the airport staff?
3. Do they have baby strollers available in Waw airport?

Thank you ! And i hope to read more updates about short successful Waw layovers :).

Duke787 Sep 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 25487718)
In theory, yes (a few months ago, I did a 25-minute LH-LO connection at WAW on separate tickets - I did actually report it on this thread); in practice, especially in winter (I'm not sure when Duke787 is due to fly), I wouldn't be so comfortable with it.

Passport control? Arriving from BRU?

G

Cool - this is for mid-March so hopefully not an issue weather-wise. Sounds like I should be okay provided I'm able to get the LOT agent at BRU to check our bags all the way to JTR even though we'll be on two separate PNRs

AlicorporateUK Sep 29, 2015 2:29 am

Originally Posted by alexandrabozga (Post 25490461)
I wrote a few months ago about an one ticket LoT flight Cph-Waw-Otp with a 35 minutes layover in Waw. I chose then to take the other flight option with a 50 minutes layover in Mun. But this time, in december, it's my one and only alternative. So...wish me luck!
I have some question also:
1. We will pass trough passport control and security check because we come from schengen to non-schengen zone?
2. How long does it take for checked baggage to be transfer from a plane to another by the airport staff?

Thank you ! And i hope to read more updates about short successful Waw layovers :).

Are you booked under one single PNR? If so, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

1. You will indeed have to go through passport control.
2. There's no set time but 35 minutes shouldn't be an issue at WAW.
3. Never paid any attention to be honest but surely some other user in the forum may be able to advise.

Safe travels.

G

theSaladDays Sep 29, 2015 8:39 am

Originally Posted by alexandrabozga (Post 25490461)

Yes, I've noticed them a few times, and the website also mentions this:

Pushchairs

Pushchairs are available in the transit area, right after security. The pushchairs are marked with the symbol of Fryderyka the Elephant and can be used free of charge.

http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/for-children.html

alexandrabozga Sep 29, 2015 8:50 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 25492316)
Are you booked under one single PNR? If so, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

1. You will indeed have to go through passport control.
2. There's no set time but 35 minutes shouldn't be an issue at WAW.
3. Never paid any attention to be honest but surely some other user in the forum may be able to advise.

Safe travels.

G

What does "single PNR" exactly mean?
Thank you for the infos.

alexandrabozga Sep 29, 2015 8:51 am

Originally Posted by theSaladDays (Post 25493416)
Yes, I've noticed them a few times, and the website also mentions this:

Pushchairs

Pushchairs are available in the transit area, right after security. The pushchairs are marked with the symbol of Fryderyka the Elephant and can be used free of charge.

http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/for-children.html

Yey, thank you!

AlicorporateUK Sep 29, 2015 9:04 am

Originally Posted by alexandrabozga (Post 25493473)
What does "single PNR" exactly mean

Sorry - I was just asking whether the whole itinerary (CPH-WAW-OTP) is under the same reservation i.e. I just wanted to make sure you didn't buy either of those flights under separate tickets. If all in one ticket, the airline will take care of you (& the little one) should any delays occur and which will prevent you from making the connection to the second part of your journey i.e. from Warsaw to Bucharest.

G

alexandrabozga Sep 29, 2015 10:15 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 25493547)
Sorry - I was just asking whether the whole itinerary (CPH-WAW-OTP) is under the same reservation i.e. I just wanted to make sure you didn't buy either of those flights under separate tickets. If all in one ticket, the airline will take care of you (& the little one) should any delays occur and which will prevent you from making the connection to the second part of your journey i.e. from Warsaw to Bucharest.

G

Yes, one single reservation. They have a later flight (waw-otp) that day, just in case, but hopefully we will not need it.

Also, anybody knowns if flights from Cph to Waw/ Waw to Otp are always 100% full?

CMK10 Dec 31, 2015 10:18 am

I'm happy to report I made a scheduled 30 minute connection (VNO-WAW-OTP).

- Arrived from VNO on a Eurolot.com DH4 one minute late. We parked at a remote stand. There was a dedicated bus for Business and Premium Economy, though I wasn't either. The rest of us got into another bus and were dumped in the Schengen Area

- I hustled to Passport Control which had a line of two dozen people for each agent but the agent just glanced at the BP, then stamped my passport.

- I was flying out of gate 13 which is about the longest possible walk, all the way at the end of the Non-Schengen gates. They were paging me by name when I ran up to the jetway.

- "Boarding Completed" was announced after I got on, we left on time.

Amazingly, my bag which had been tagged with "Short Connection" made it too!