FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Connecting in Warsaw [WAW] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1170127-connecting-warsaw-waw.html)

alexandrabozga May 23, 2015 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Lack (Post 24858185)
Do you have a single ticket all the way through?
You should be fine, WAW is a small and very efficient airport for transfer, but just in case your flight is late or something, it's better to have a backup plan.

Thanks. A single ticket, yes. i am worried that i have to wait for the stroller also.

alexandrabozga May 23, 2015 5:28 am

Originally Posted by MNDDE (Post 24858186)
If one of your flights is delayed you won't be able to manage it. Anyway, as long as you are travelling on Embraers and not Dashs it should work. I always got a finger while travelling to/from WAW with a LOT Embraer. Ways aren't that long. I had a 35min connection 2 Weeks ago and I had to wait 15 Minutes at the Gate to wait for boarding.

Ok, thank you!
It s this or a layover in Munchen with Lufthansa but more time spent with a little baby traveling.
Dificult to choose.

Lack May 23, 2015 6:39 am

It's always a risk, but if all goes according to schedule you should be able to make it just fine. You might be able to transit w/o the stroller, WAW is small enough to walk from one end of the terminal to the other in 5-10 min.
Dunno what equipment LH has on your routes, but if it's Airbuses then it might be a bit more convenient with to have a row for yourselves if it's 3 of you traveling.

alexandrabozga May 23, 2015 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Lack (Post 24858418)
It's always a risk, but if all goes according to schedule you should be able to make it just fine. You might be able to transit w/o the stroller, WAW is small enough to walk from one end of the terminal to the other in 5-10 min.
Dunno what equipment LH has on your routes, but if it's Airbuses then it might be a bit more convenient with to have a row for yourselves if it's 3 of you traveling.

LH has canadair regional on Cph-muc and an airbus on muc-otp. With a 55 minuts layover.
I asked about the stroller because sometimes they put me to take it from the bagagge claim area... this will not be very good for such a short layover.

daumueller May 23, 2015 9:38 am

30 minutes connection in Waw airport with Lot airlines.

I would go for the 55 min Connection. Still short but gives a little more margin

AlicorporateUK May 26, 2015 2:20 am

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 24858936)
I would go for the 55 min Connection. Still short but gives a little more margin

Definitely - breeze through in MUC with 55 minutes connection.

G

AlicorporateUK May 26, 2015 2:24 am

Originally Posted by alexandrabozga (Post 24858268)
Ok, thank you!
It s this or a layover in Munchen with Lufthansa but more time spent with a little baby traveling.
Dificult to choose.

I'd prefer spending 25 minutes extra in MUC (even with 2 babies) rather than stressing out to get off the plane at WAW and rush through the terminal (note: you will have to clear passport control in both cases hence I'd seriously consider going for the MUC option).

G

krzysz May 26, 2015 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 24869405)
I'd prefer spending 25 minutes extra in MUC (even with 2 babies) rather than stressing out to get off the plane at WAW and rush through the terminal (note: you will have to clear passport control in both cases hence I'd seriously consider going for the MUC option).

G

Note that since OP is arriving on CRJ from CPH, s/he will be doing a lengthy airport sighseeing by bus at MUC.

AlicorporateUK May 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by krzysz (Post 24872038)
Note that since OP is arriving on CRJ from CPH, s/he will be doing a lengthy airport sighseeing by bus at MUC.

Lengthy? Perhaps I've been lucky but I don't seem to remember a connection bus-terminal that took more than 10/15 minutes (and I mean arriving at MUC with E90/95-CRJ from either BHX or recently, quite often, GDN).

G

drvannostren Jun 29, 2015 1:27 pm

It sounds like I'll be good, and normally I don't worry about this stuff if the airline allows me to book it...

SVO-WAW-JFK

Connection in WAW is 50 minutes, don't know where on the plane I'll be sitting from SVO but it's an ERJ-190 so it's not too big.

From what I've read Schengen connections are ok, but I'm wondering coming from SVO and going to the USA if I'll have to clear Polish customs or anything.

Basically wondering if my connection will be ok. I MAY be able to travel carry-on only, but odds are I'll wanna check a bag, if the bag misses I can wait for it the next day, but I don't wanna miss the flight cuz I'll have 2 other tickets to make others flights after that (with some leeway, but not a full day) arrival in JFK

SK2751 Jun 30, 2015 10:49 am

You should not cross the Polish immigration. You are staying in the non-Schengen zone. I am almost sure that you should not cross security either, but someone who tried a non-schengen to non-schengen connection recently (especially from SVO) should confirm that. In any case, even you need to do an extra security check, 50 minutes should be all right.

AlicorporateUK Jun 30, 2015 2:42 pm

As wazow has already pointed out, you will be arriving in the non-Schengen area with an onward flight still within the non-Schengen area hence, unless your SVO-WAW is significantly late, you will have no issues whatsoever.

G

drvannostren Jul 3, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks folks! I'm usually a really low maintenance guy and if the airline is willing to book this as a usual ticket then they have to have a level of confidence. But I thought it best to check :) Especially since I haven't been to Europe since the formation of the EU and never made any connections.

AshleyGrebe Aug 1, 2015 2:36 am

Non schengen to non schengen and customs...

Hi! I am flying from TLV > WAW > ORD next week, so non-schengen to non-schengen through Chopin. My weird question is: do I have to pass through passport control, or customs, or security during this transfer at WAW? I don't have a time concern, but I am traveling with my pet and I am worried about the stops for her. The paperwork and tests required to enter the EU are so ridiculous that we weren't able to complete them in time (a blood test 90 days before the flight and 30 days after vaccinations...?! My kitty wasn't even born yet then!!). So I'm concerned that I will need those papers if we have to pass through any checks on the way. Anyone know? Thanks!

panlukasz Aug 1, 2015 2:48 am

AshleyGrebe

Better contact LOT or Chopin Airport directly. But I am afraid you may have problem as LOT website states The animal to be carried must have an inoculations record and an up-to-date certificate from a vet confirming compliance with the regulations of the country of departure, the destination country and any transit airports.

http://www.lot.com/bg/en/travelling-with-pets