FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Connecting in Warsaw [WAW] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1170127-connecting-warsaw-waw.html)

Eternity000 May 12, 2014 9:36 am

Excellent thanks

mmff May 13, 2014 8:49 am

Originally Posted by AhogZ (Post 22850493)
unless major delays originating from YYZ flight.

This is unlikely on the eastbound.

The odds of making the connection are pretty good.

SvenskSommar Jun 21, 2014 5:21 am

Should I feel confident about making my connection in Warsaw if I'm going LED-WAW-ORD with 50 min connection time? It is one booking and I will be checking a bag in at LED. Will my bag likely get left behind?

AhogZ Jun 21, 2014 8:18 am

LED-WAW-ORD = non-Schengen connection, easily doable in 50 mins, the same, not huge terminal. Bags will manage unless bad luck.

TPJ Jun 22, 2014 12:13 am

Originally Posted by AhogZ (Post 23072013)
LED-WAW-ORD = non-Schengen connection, easily doable in 50 mins, the same, not huge terminal. Bags will manage unless bad luck.

If bussed from the aircraft, clear security, go upstairs, go to the gate.
For jetty arrival go upstairs, clear security, go downstairs, go to the gate.
50 minutes is enough.

CMK10 Jan 8, 2015 9:02 pm

I need to buy a ticket between VNO and OTP and I see LOT has a really well priced option. However, the connection in WAW is exactly 30 minutes. I know nothing about the airport...is that doable? It would be in December.

AhogZ Jan 8, 2015 9:50 pm

In theory doable, if at one ticket. But pretty risky, there are not some many connections WAW-OTP, you can be stucked in WAW. I, personally, would not risk.

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24129521)
I need to buy a ticket between VNO and OTP and I see LOT has a really well priced option. However, the connection in WAW is exactly 30 minutes. I know nothing about the airport...is that doable? It would be in December.

CMK10 Jan 8, 2015 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by AhogZ (Post 24129742)
In theory doable, if at one ticket. But pretty risky, there are not some many connections WAW-OTP, you can be stucked in WAW. I, personally, would not risk.

It would be one ticket and you're right, if I miss the connection I'd have about an 8 hour wait for the next flight. I guess I could go and see a little of Warsaw if that happened though.

theSaladDays Jan 9, 2015 4:52 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24129761)
It would be one ticket and you're right, if I miss the connection I'd have about an 8 hour wait for the next flight. I guess I could go and see a little of Warsaw if that happened though.

I've made connections at WAW in as little as 10 minutes, though it did require some running :) As you'll be arriving on an intra-Schengen flight you won't have to re-clear security either, and assuming there are no delays you should be fine.

If you aren't in any particular hurry and you do miss your flight, then there's more than enough to see and do in town to keep you occupied, and it's very quick and easy to get into the centre by bus or train. ^

Andrew K Jan 20, 2015 10:07 am

Minimum connection time at WAW?

Hi all,

I have a flight on Aegean flying in from ATH to WAW and I need to change planes to a LOT flight to YYZ. The layover time is 1h40min, is this enough time to clear customs and make my connection if I have checked baggage?

Thank you so much for all of your advice!

-Andrew

theSaladDays Jan 20, 2015 10:49 am

As the first leg is on an intra-Schengen flight you won't need to clear customs upon arrival, you just walk off the plane into the airside part of the terminal. The only thing you'll need to 'clear' is passport control to exit Schengen (which usually takes a few minutes at the most) to get on the next flight.

Connecting at WAW is generally a breeze, if everything's on time you'll have at least an hour to wonder what to do with the time.

If you don't have lounge access you might as well go through right away. If you do, then depending on what cards you hold you may have options on either side.

milepig Jan 20, 2015 10:55 am

Plenty of time - assuming the first flight is on schedule. If you plan on doing any duty-free shopping you can use the much larger store in the Schengen side since you'll pass through immigration but no security when you go into the non-Schengen zone for your departure. I've never encountered a line at the passport check of more than a couple people. WAW is also good at helping people with short connections. After a recent LO delay meant an almost certain misconnect onto LH they rushed us over to a separate security lane with no wait and then on to the LH gate.

The Schengen lounge is a LO *Gold lounge and can be crowded. The lounge in the non-Schengen side is an airport contract lounge and not as busy when I've been in there but with less selection and no LO staff to take care of you.

Plusflyer Jan 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Unless it is on two separate tickets (where it's too risky as you have to pick up the bag, go to check-in and though security), it's a lot of time. WAW is small and easy to get around.

AlicorporateUK Mar 24, 2015 3:04 pm

LH1348→LO3837 | Short DIY connection

A 25 minutes do-it-yourself connection in WAW (on two separate tickets, just to reiterate the DIY). I've already booked it hence I'm just wondering whether anybody has ever had a similar experience in WAW or, even better, if anybody knows what's the latest boarding time on LO domestic. The fare through which the ticket was booked is Economy Saver hence I'm pretty sure I'll not be able to ask to be re-booked on the next flight in case FRA-WAW is late and I miss my connection.

Thanks.

G

gojko88 Mar 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Pray that your inbound leg is early. Since they don't know you're coming, they'll probably close the outbound leg at T-15.