FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Connecting in Warsaw [WAW] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1170127-connecting-warsaw-waw.html)

Abducted Alien Nov 2, 2012 3:28 am

TY for info.

outgoing Nov 2, 2012 5:17 pm

What time is your flight? What day? What airline? and is it Schengen to Schengen?
Some airlines/flights do not use jetway at WAW, and then it might be tight if you need to go by bus. If you connect Schengen to Schengen and use jetway then they'll let you out directly to the departure area so you should be fine.

mileq Nov 2, 2012 5:23 pm

Non-Schengen connection adds you just few minutes, go quickly through passport control and right 50m after it you have the transfer sec check and you are right at the gates. Doable in 5-10 mins, just go quicker to pass control.

If you are not lucky and get the bus, it will add you another 10 minutes or so.

Schengen are easy, as mentioned above. Bus indeed will add you some 5-10 mins.

Just make sure that you will buy it in one ticket and then it will not your problem, just LO ;)

Abducted Alien Nov 2, 2012 11:00 pm

Yes, it will be Monday with LOT ERJ170 from HEL to BUD again with LOT ERJ170. Problem is that there are no other flights to BUD, they probadly rebook to LH then. Quite tight connection they sell to one same e-ticket. I've once missed my connection in old WAW when first rebooked by LH technical fault in MUC then MUC WAW was delayed 20min from 40min transfer, didn't make it to LO's HEL flight as we were first bussed from LH. Ended up waiting hours to AY's evening flight.

SK2751 Nov 3, 2012 10:22 am

Buses now arrive around gate 25 (AFAIR) and you enter directly in the middle of schengen area airside, without any security or so. But if both of your flights use bus gates you will be in trouble ... (and this heavy use of bus gates is really really really irritating at WAW, IMHO)

marata28 Nov 28, 2012 11:58 am

What about non-Schengen to non-Schengen connections at WAW? I'm interested in booking a JFK-WAW-ZRH itinerary that includes only a 45 minute connection time in WAW. Published minimum seems to be 40 minutes, so this is legal and bookable. But seems really risky to me. The connection is also from a LO flight to a LX flight. If I booked this I would not check baggage. Think I would make it?

Alternatively, if I were to misconnect on this itinerary, which airline would be responsible for getting me on another plane to ZRH? Perhaps worth noting is that this would be on a UA award ticket. Thanks for any advice.

davidcito Nov 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Zürich is Schengen. If booked on 1 award tix (and not 2 separate ones) you will be accommodated by the operating carrier on the next flight.

Sounds doable to me as WAW is small and easy to connect. Just coming off a 30 min connection VIE-WAW-RIX on LOT's E170s. Had enough time to visit the lounge.

olekorlo Nov 28, 2012 11:43 pm

both (HEL-WAW-BUD) and JFK-WAW-ZRH sounds doable. HEL-WAW-BUD is normal, LO sells tickets for 35 minutes connecting time and I've never had any problems with that - since the terminal has been finished and no more extra control, WAW, as somebody mentioned, is small and easy to connect.

oliver2002 Nov 29, 2012 2:26 am

MCT in WAW is 25-40 min depending on your type of connection. If it involves passport control its 40 or 60 min.

Code:

DML0/WAW/LO/29NOV12                                                           
WAW  STANDARD MINIMUM CONNECTING TIMES                                         
WAW-WAW      FROM      -            TO        D/D D/I I/D I/I               
CC FLTN-FLTR ORGN EQPTM-CC FLTN-FLTR DEST EQPTM HMM HMM HMM HMM               
                      -                        035 050 100 040               
CK SPECIFIC CARRIER FOR EXCEPTIONS TO STANDARD CONNECTING TIMES               
PRECLEARANCE MAY APPLY

dparkinson Jan 4, 2013 12:53 am

If flight arrives 6 minutes late and connection goes illegal (45 vs 39 mins) for xx-WAW-ZRH, if the delay is not weather related and the next flight is 4+ hours later, is EU261 applicable?

davidcito Jan 4, 2013 2:08 am

"legality" of connection is assessed based on scheduled flight times, not actual ones. So, if your flight comes in 6min late, you will still be required to try to get your connecting flight. Only if it's too tight and you miss your flight, will you be accommodated on the next.

spartakuss Jul 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but do you think connecting at WAW having two seperate LOT-Tickets and only 45min transfer-time is realistic? all-schengen, no customs, no bags

MichalFKowalik Jul 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by spartakuss (Post 21158442)
Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but do you think connecting at WAW having two seperate LOT-Tickets and only 45min transfer-time is realistic? all-schengen, no customs, no bags

zero problem. Can you provide info which flights are you going to use? We could check how delayed they are on average.

mfk

FlyIgglesFly Jul 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Assuming no inbound delay, agree with Michal.

PHL Jul 30, 2013 3:20 pm

[US-Russia] Connection at WAW on LOT

Arriving WAW on a LOT flight from NYC, connecting to a LOT flight to Russia, do we need to go through customs/baggage claim and re-check or will LOT check the bags all the way through from NYC to final destination?