Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by sunseeker
this a precise description of what i HATE about LH; treating pax like mushrooms: leave them in the dark and feed them with sh*t....

I don't quite get what you are trying to say. When we arrived at the lounge we learned that the flight will be late. That was approximately 60 minutes before the scheduled boarding. 30 minutes before the postponed boarding time we were informed that the flight was canceled and we were rebooked without any hassle and almost arrived in time. What do you think could LH have done better. Firstly, it was an LX flight. Secondly, we were not left in the dark but informed about the delay quite early and we also discussed with the lounge agent that we might be rebooked to the direct LH service if needed. So what's the problem.

I have various problems with LH at times but this was certainly an example were, at least to my mind, they did everything right.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is a hilarious story on how proactive BSL LX gate agents recently rebooked some SEN/HON onto a flight starting from ZRH and put them on a quickly organised bus to ZRH because the BSL-HAM went tech during boarding:

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/swiss...von-swiss.html

Hilarious because the technical problem was resolved and the BSL flight reached HAM before the ZRH, but still it showed great initiative ^
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:11 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
There is nothing better than an agent thinking out of the box. Unfortunately, you don't really come across that all that much in Western Europe nowadays.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:12 pm

Okay...

Originally Posted by totti
I don't quite get what you are trying to say. When we arrived at the lounge we learned that the flight will be late. That was approximately 60 minutes before the scheduled boarding. 30 minutes before the postponed boarding time we were informed that the flight was canceled and we were rebooked without any hassle and almost arrived in time. What do you think could LH have done better. Firstly, it was an LX flight. Secondly, we were not left in the dark but informed about the delay quite early and we also discussed with the lounge agent that we might be rebooked to the direct LH service if needed. So what's the problem.

I have various problems with LH at times but this was certainly an example were, at least to my mind, they did everything right.
Maybe i should have been more detailed:
A flight is anounced delayed, just to be canceled 30 minutes later..
Granted, rebooking was painless; however, do you believe from "Delay" to "Canceled" the airplane broke in two by magic ?
To me this is smelly and very likely plain logistics.
Lucky for you we are talking 60 minutes here; i have been b.s.ed like that for hours and it was completely obvious LH was making one packed flight out of two half occupied..
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by sunseeker
To me this is smelly and very likely plain logistics.
to me this sounds like probably something was wrong, they thought they can fix it, turned out they couldn't! happens every day 100s of times, all over the place. not only with LH. happened to me plenty of times, to be honest i don't care what they are doing or not doing if they get me to my destination with a reasonable delay. i don't think about it when presented with a solution like totti... but some just love to be paranoid and miserable...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by sentom
... but some just love to be paranoid and miserable...
Not me, i just like to be unbiased and realistic; you should try it, get's you a long way most of the time....
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The MUC Advents Do details got launched today: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...h-germany.html
We still have some spots for FTers living outside DACH....
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I see OW awards are now bookable online. ^

It doesn't say anything about non-integrated carriers being bookable online, but just being able to redeem OW on other *A is pretty useful.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by dre_techie
I see OW awards are now bookable online. ^

It doesn't say anything about non-integrated carriers being bookable online, but just being able to redeem OW on other *A is pretty useful.
it seems to be only integrated partners though, i couldn't get a UA/SQ/NH flight to work...
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
As announced back in April.

Also from 1 September 2012, members will be able to book one-way flight awards with all Miles & More airline partners. For these, 50% of the miles for a regular flight award (outbound and return flight) will be required.

Also new: one-way flight awards will be bookable online at www.miles-and-more.com.
This applies to flights on the following airlines: Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Condor, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS.
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000243
Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hello - I am on an upcoming business class flight on LH from FRA to LHR. I am also *G. Which appropriate LH reservations number, if any, can I call instead of the regular number on the website so that I can jump the call queue as someone who paid for business class and/or is*G?

I could not find any contact number on my e-ticket.

(the assumption here is that because I paid for business class that I wouldn't have to wait in the regular queue especially in light of the current labour dispute... I hope this is a reasonable assumption)
Old Sep 1, 2012, 9:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hello - I am on an upcoming business class flight on LH from FRA to LHR. I am also *G. Which appropriate LH reservations number, if any, can I call instead of the regular number on the website so that I can jump the call queue as someone who paid for business class and/or is*G?

I could not find any contact number on my e-ticket.

(the assumption here is that because I paid for business class that I wouldn't have to wait in the regular queue especially in light of the current labour dispute... I hope this is a reasonable assumption)
AFAIK there is no special number for *G or Business/First Class passengers. The only special numbers they have are for M&M's own status customers.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
AFAIK there is no special number for *G or Business/First Class passengers. The only special numbers they have are for M&M's own status customers.
ok thanks. oh well for me.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:09 am

D-AIMB had to return to SFO due a passenger going into cardiac arrest... http://avherald.com/h?article=455ac047&opt=0
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
40 tonnes of fuel dumped? This calls for a YQ increase!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.