Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
First easter competition: http://www.lastminute.de/Special/ost...nspiel_KW14-11

to win two EU tix.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:06 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
First easter competition: http://www.lastminute.de/Special/ost...nspiel_KW14-11

to win two EU tix.

Code:
Lufthansa ist Deutschlands führende Fluggesellschaft und eine der Top Airlines weltweit: besonders komfortabel und günstig
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

lol... well, we are talking lastminute.de after all... I'm pretty sure compared to charter and LCCs the above statement may very well apply.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Really? I have only ever had one gate departure. That was many moons ago, after a delay of hours and was, I suspect, a substituted aircraft. I was under the impression that MAN hardly ever got a gate departure.

Still 1 in 4 is a start ^
The early evening BHX has usually been a gate depature for a few months, but it was back to the remote stand with the BD.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:07 am

Heinemann is giving away 1 mio miles:

http://www.heinemann-dutyfree.com/fr...e/meilen-spiel
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:48 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...her-phone.html

(For the sake of anyone who has been a member of FT for less than 180 days or with fewer than 180 posts, the link above is a post from someone who is asking if Lufthansa ad lady is looking at you with one eye and at her phone with the other.)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 6, 2011 at 6:19 pm
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:07 am

You mean this one?

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/s...dia_938596.swf
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
So what's your answer?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
LH IT and seat reservation

I really don't understand how simple things can be f... up. I booked TATL flight and made sure that I have emergency exit seat booked.
Today I wanted to check in online and saw that my seat got changed from emergency exit to isle seat (although I have window in my preferences)

So now I'm really, really curious how they can't map seating preferences when changing aircrafts, as emergency exit row in C and Y have same number of seats, so how hard it would be to map exit row to exit row

And then as last, why aren't they following seating preferences from the profile that you're filling out
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by volta

I really don't understand how simple things can be f... up. I booked TATL flight and made sure that I have emergency exit seat booked.
Today I wanted to check in online and saw that my seat got changed from emergency exit to isle seat (although I have window in my preferences)

So now I'm really, really curious how they can't map seating preferences when changing aircrafts, as emergency exit row in C and Y have same number of seats, so how hard it would be to map exit row to exit row

And then as last, why aren't they following seating preferences from the profile that you're filling out
Some HONcho probably requested your seat!?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
The waiting game...

Over the weekend I just flew the last miles I needed to qualify for HON. Sadly I could not fly these last month as to have the vouchers valid for 3 years, but I'm still very happy about finishing this.

I guess this is the height of the excitement, when you first get the status, from here on it's probably unjustified good service expectations on my part, which based on the forum are only sometimes met.

Now I have to wait for LX to take their sweet time posting my flights (3-4 days for me usually) and then hopefully only one more day for the status to change!

The last segment which got me over 600k was ZRH-OTP, on an RJ with no working front lavatory. Even though the flight was fully booked I had the whole C cabin to myself! Which consisted only of row 1, haha.
I personally can't stand "preferred" row 1 - don't like the table, the full armrests, people bumping into me in 1D getting on the plane, lack of legroom other than in the aisle...
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by dre_techie
Over the weekend I just flew the last miles I needed to qualify for HON. Sadly I could not fly these last month as to have the vouchers valid for 3 years, but I'm still very happy about finishing this.

I guess this is the height of the excitement, when you first get the status, from here on it's probably unjustified good service expectations on my part, which based on the forum are only sometimes met.

Now I have to wait for LX to take their sweet time posting my flights (3-4 days for me usually) and then hopefully only one more day for the status to change!

The last segment which got me over 600k was ZRH-OTP, on an RJ with no working front lavatory. Even though the flight was fully booked I had the whole C cabin to myself! Which consisted only of row 1, haha.
I personally can't stand "preferred" row 1 - don't like the table, the full armrests, people bumping into me in 1D getting on the plane, lack of legroom other than in the aisle...
Congrats on the new status ^
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Congrats on the new status ^
Thanks. The benefit I'm looking forward the most is avoiding the departure bus for apron positions. All RJs from ZRH and the odd apron OTP departure from MUC.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:09 am

time to change the handle/profile! It still says SEN...
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
time to change the handle/profile! It still says SEN...
Guess he is waiting for the official change in the online statement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.