Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:03 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
... The price was a 16h delay, a daytime flight instead of a nightflight and thus more jetlag...
Dunno why, but when I take the daytime (noonish takeoff) flight to Singapore I never have jetlag and adapt straight away. But when I take the night flight (around 10-11pm at night) it takes me a couple of days to adjust.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
... The price was a 16h delay, a daytime flight instead of a nightflight and thus more jetlag...
Hey, there is always a price in maximizing the F experience... What jetlag? Others are eager to "pay" with a minimum 72 hours hangover in order to "sample" the entire single malt selection during their 16 hr sojourn at the FCT!
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Glad to have you back on this forum, André ^.
Thanks for the welcome Junior! Glad to see some of the old suspects hanging in here! ^

It's true that I missed a lot of FT action this year, I didn't even manage to lurk, I missed all DOs... It is true however that my frequent flier life has never been as boring as it was during the last year, with the 95% of my flying through IAD, FRA, BRU and ATH, so my contribution would be marginal (OK, there would be a lot of whining, but I got tired of this one too -signs of aging)...

Plus, the fact that a colleague of mine threw a couple of statistics on my face about the fact that our employer exhibits the highest divorce rate among all US employers (massive traveling does the trick: an odd anecdote has it that two colleagues who met at work, got married, and wanted to stay together they both quit their job), somehow rang a bell.

Frankly, statistics aside, staying more at home doesn't seem to do much in knocking over the trend for the moment...
Old Feb 19, 2011, 6:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by andre1970
Hey, there is always a price in maximizing the F experience... What jetlag? Others are eager to "pay" with a minimum 72 hours hangover in order to "sample" the entire single malt selection during their 16 hr sojourn at the FCT!
The FCT is open between 5:30am and 10:30pm, so in theory a maximizer should be able to spend 17 hours sampling the single malt selection and other stuff in the FCT. On the other hand if you flight departs mid-afternoon you will lose several hours of valuable drinking time.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Others are eager to "pay" with a minimum 72 hours hangover in order to "sample" the entire single malt selection during their 16 hr sojourn at the FCT!
I wonder if Macabus has done one of these extended stays in the FCT and compared it with "the mother of all hangovers" that he had gifted to him after 8 bottles of Dom:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-bkk-sq-f.html

Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

ANA plans Joint Venture with Lufthansa on Japan-Europe routes

TOKYO, February 23, 2011 - All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. ("ANA") today filed an application with the Japanese Government for antitrust immunity to launch a joint venture with Lufthansa German Airlines ("Lufthansa") on routes between Japan and Europe, allowing the two carriers to bring substantial benefits to passengers by creating a more efficient and comprehensive service across their networks.

Subject to approval of the application by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, ANA and Lufthansa will be able to jointly manage their Japan-Europe operations in areas such as scheduling, pricing and sales. This will give customers a greater choice of connections, a wider range of fare and service options.
Press release
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
With Haneda being on the horizon?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Glad to have you back on this forum, André ^.
Yes, good to see you around again Andre.

Cheers
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Dude, 2 F dinners (not to mention the champagne and the beer) and a good night's sleep on a real bed, for the price of 1 ticket: sounds like you maximized the F experience for real this time!
Bomb 'em !
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I have no idea if HND is part of the plan but it's possible. Four departures per day to Germany have already been approved but so far no slot appears to have been taken. Additional international arrivals and departures are restricted to the period between 11pm and 7am, making it unattractive/impractical for flights to/from Europe. AFAIK there are two services from HND to Europe at present, BA/AA to LHR and JL/AF to CDG.

LHR 08:05 - HND 04:55+1
HND 06:25 - LHR 10:00

CDG 11:00 - HND 06:00+1
HND 01:30 - CDG 06:20
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I hope so ^
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
LH 491--Really Light Load--Will F Fill?

Hey LH experts. . .

I have a couple *A F award seats on LH 491 (SEA-FRA) on March 12, an A333 route.

Looking at the seat maps, we are the only ones in F. In C, there are about 30 empty seats and in Y around 40. Wow! Not what I'm used to.

In any event, F availability shows A6, presumably indicating some sort of discount may be available on the remaining seats in the F cabin.

Question is what's the likelihood of the remaining seats filling in the next couple weeks? To whom does LH make the A fare bucket available and at what level of discount against the ~$5000 regular price? With available seats in the F cabin, will LH make additional award seats available or upgrade their elites from C?

I don't mind having neighbors, but it would be pretty damn cool for my daughter (age 13) and I to have run of the F cabin, unlikely though that might be.

Thx for the info.

--mcz
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by totti
Yes, good to see you around again Andre.

Cheers
Thanks totti!
Bomb 'em !
or shoot-em up...

Sadly, these days it reminds Gadhafi's desparate efforts to cling to power. Tough times for those infamous ex-TIP runs (that I never had the chance to try...)
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:17 pm

Tough times for those infamous ex-TIP runs (that I never had the chance to try...)
Or ex-TUN or ex-CAI... is there any connection?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Or ex-TUN or ex-CAI... is there any connection?
But TIP has some amazing YY fares which are still honoured by the likes of QR,EK,TG,SQ...

Hopefully Libya will come to rest soon when Gaddafi gets what he has deserved since PanAm Maiden of the Seas. My recommendation would be a single bullet to the brain...
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Surprising options at Vienna FTL lounge

Was in this lounge last Monday ..To my surprise, I find quite decent options ..there was a potato soup, spinach ravioli and the usual breads etc.. surprising thing for me was that it was an all veg selection.. having mostly been to the MUC and FRA FTL lounge, this was a pleasant surprise..
And the next surprise came in the flight from VIE - DME when there was a veg lasanya as the hot dish option with a great chocolate mousse as desert in Y.. ^
Quite nice experience for me .. Hope it continues since have many more flights in the same route in the coming weeks..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.