Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold,OW SIL, SPG GOLD.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
From wikipedia- I hope caviar lovers consume in moderation or else they may not be with us for very long....:
Although a spoonful of caviar supplies the adult daily requirement of vitamin B12, it is also high in cholesterol and salt. 1 tablespoon of caviar (16g) contains:[31]
Calories: 42
Fat: 2.86 g
Carbohydrates: 0.64 g
Fibers: nil
Protein: 3.94 g
Sodium: 240 mg
Cholesterol: 94 mg
That is really a lot of salt and cholesterol. Good that I don´t travel often in LH First
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Also, what about ex-USA flights - are they catered with fish eggs separately?
Yep, everything is imported into the US and then catered into the flights. Adds significant costs.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SENfly
That is really a lot of salt and cholesterol. Good that I don´t travel often in LH First
Yet another good reason
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
LH flight status (aka arrivals and departure information) page where you can search for departure/arrival times and gates of LH and codeshare flights seems to have disappeared if you follow the link from the Information & Service page in English. The link still works on lufthansa.com in German.

The flight status page itself is still there, just not linked from the Information & Service page any more following the redesigning of the latter. Don't you hate it when pretty pictures are added to a website and functionality is reduced?

I hope the link will be restored soon as this is a page where I refer people who ask about arrival and departure gates especially in FRA. I've sent a comment/feedback on lufthansa.com. Let's see what happens.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LH flight status (aka arrivals and departure information) page where you can search for departure/arrival times and gates of LH and codeshare flights seems to have disappeared if you follow the link from the Information & Service page in English. The link still works on lufthansa.com in German.

The flight status page itself is still there, just not linked from the Information & Service page any more following the redesigning of the latter. Don't you hate it when pretty pictures are added to a website and functionality is reduced?

I hope the link will be restored soon as this is a page where I refer people who ask about arrival and departure gates especially in FRA. I've sent a comment/feedback on lufthansa.com. Let's see what happens.
well, I can still see Flight Status (as of right now) available on the default lh.com landing page in English in the Flight Search frame, why would you have to refer anyone there via the Info&Service page or any other page for that matter?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:56 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
well, I can still see Flight Status (as of right now) available on the default lh.com landing page in English in the Flight Search frame, why would you have to refer anyone there via the Info&Service page or any other page for that matter?
Yes, the link to arrival and departure information now appears under quick links. ^
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Today my 6yr son suddenly discovered LH F: while boarding thru 1L and making the long march to the 'back' of business class he noticed the new F installed in the front. First question: what are these 'white' seats? Me: First class. Him: Cool these seats must go flat, right? And they have proper TVs. Me: but it costs more.
During deplaning he saw the seats again. Now it has become an obsession for him and I was quizzed all day long. What else is available, why the cabin is 'white'. The most crucial debate was how much more exactly would it cost to fly in those seats
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Today my 6yr son suddenly discovered LH F: while boarding thru 1L and making the long march to the 'back' of business class he noticed the new F installed in the front. First question: what are these 'white' seats? Me: First class. Him: Cool these seats must go flat, right? And they have proper TVs. Me: but it costs more.
During deplaning he saw the seats again. Now it has become an obsession for him and I was quizzed all day long. What else is available, why the cabin is 'white'. The most crucial debate was how much more exactly would it cost to fly in those seats
Kids always make interesting questions!

OT: Just out of curiosity, how do you usually fly when he is with you? I have given it a lot of thought and concluded that, unless they are babies (<2-3 years old) bound to annoy other pax, it is probably good to get them used to Y until they can afford J/F themselves.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:11 am

I've flown C & F on longhaul with both my boys (2007 and 2009 vintage) from the start. Never had any issues. On the first flight of my son (April or Feb 2008) I was in S, he & my wife in I. I got double upgraded to F and my wife too. Memorable first flight In general they behave well, and I don't see the point of wasting 1-2 days before and after my vacation to recover from a 8-10h longhaul in Y because someone may get annoyed by my kids. @:-)

Yesterday we got a compliment from an elderly couple behind us how well behaved the two boys were. :-:
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:22 am

In general they behave well, and I don't see the point of wasting 1-2 days before and after my vacation to recover from a 8-10h longhaul in Y because someone may get annoyed by my kids.
This is not my concern at all, I actually suggested that I would fly J/F with the kids until they are 2-3 years old (and this early age is when I would expect them to misbehave, not later).

What scares me is that it may be a problem for them (from an educational point of view) to feel it is natural to fly J/F. In short, I believe it would be awful to adapt to Y after flying J/F through childhood and adolescence. Of course this view of mine may stem from the fact that I had to earn every penny I have myself and I know how much it would hurt for me to go back to the standard of living I had 20 years ago.

I just wanted to know what the FTers opinion on this is but I think I know the answer already
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:58 am

Very controversial topic here... I always dreamt of being able to fly upfront and am glad I can on my own money nowadays. As far as spoiling them goes, I think I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. So far I see them enjoy everything as is.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:53 pm

'White' seats? New F? On D-AIHM? Has it been retrofitted? In that case I'd better update my list.

You should tell your son that he has flown in F (admittedly the old F) but since he doesn't remember anything it will be a waste to spend extra money.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:59 pm

New F on D-AIHP. White because of the cream coloured decor
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:13 am

New F on D-AIHP. White because of the cream coloured decor
Ah, I got the date wrong. And it's a long time since I was in new F.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Ah, I got the date wrong. And it's a long time since I was in new F.
Use the evouchers before they expire or are further enhanced!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.