Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by matmatlr
Same situation here

Booked a flight MEX - FRA at the end of May in J for my wife & I
On a waiting list to be upgraded in F (so far 6 available seats in F)

Emailed this morning M&M as 3 evouchers are expiring at the end of this month

Here is their feedback... We have received your feedback.

We have gladly checked your request and found that the upgrade to First Class on your flight from Mexico to Frankfurt is still on the waiting list. Seats for mileage upgrades are subject to a quota. If this quota is exhausted, participants are initially placed on the waiting list. Our system then checks daily whether the waiting list seat can be confirmed.

It is not possible for us to confirm upgrades manually. Therefore, if your route from Mexico to Frankfurt is not confirmed before the expiry date of your eVouchers, your eVouchers will expire at the end of their validity. We ask for your understanding in this matter.

We wish you a pleasant week.
Being HON, is it worth contacting Lufthansa F customer service ? might that help ?
I think you should contact them.

I did not passively accept the first reply concerning my six vouchers which are expiring on March 31 - two currently are confirmed on flight in late May and two are waitlisted for the return - and two would be lost. I wrote back to them saying that as an M&M member I am not the one responsible for the strikes which are causing cancellations, yet am being penalized.

I just received a response that as a goodwill gesture, they are extending the validity of my vouchers. This had already appeared on my M&M account.

So at least I won't lose them. So making a ruckus did help and it may help you.
chris63, Red BP, fereke and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:28 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Replied to M&M team to explain them I did not want to lose my evoucjers expiring end of this month and check if they could do something about it

Still the same non sense feedback...

Will try to contact F LH team thank you for your feedback.

The confirmation of the waiting list is initially dependent on the status and only then on the "first come first serve" principle. The original booking class and the time of requesting a waiting list are therefore not relevant for prioritization. According to the program rules, it is unfortunately not possible to confirm the waiting list manually.

We would like to remind you that you can use your eVoucher for flights after the expiry date of the eVoucher. It is important that the upgrade is confirmed before the expiry date of the eVoucher. Otherwise, it will not be taken into account and the upgrade waiting list and eVoucher will be deleted.

We wish you a pleasant day.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by matmatlr
Replied to M&M team to explain them I did not want to lose my evoucjers expiring end of this month and check if they could do something about it

Still the same non sense feedback...

Will try to contact F LH team thank you for your feedback.

The confirmation of the waiting list is initially dependent on the status and only then on the "first come first serve" principle. The original booking class and the time of requesting a waiting list are therefore not relevant for prioritization. According to the program rules, it is unfortunately not possible to confirm the waiting list manually.

We would like to remind you that you can use your eVoucher for flights after the expiry date of the eVoucher. It is important that the upgrade is confirmed before the expiry date of the eVoucher. Otherwise, it will not be taken into account and the upgrade waiting list and eVoucher will be deleted.

We wish you a pleasant day.
Appalling response to a HON
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What incentive do M&M airlines have to clear an eV before it expires in 4 days? Goodness of the heart?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:24 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by hugolover
What incentive do M&M airlines have to clear an eV before it expires in 4 days? Goodness of the heart?
That's exactly what I just answered them...
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I were CS I'd have issued one of my Presidential Decrees that all eV would be refused effective 01JAN for operational reasons, with the exception of Mr Charles Bahr.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:47 am

I just called LH F team to complain about how this is handled
The woman on the phone did not understand either and was puzzled by how it is handled. She seemed upset as well that I am not the only one in this situation calling them...

She confirmed me she would send an email to booking team to clear the upgrades asap but of course, she can't confirm it would be done...
Wait & see...
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is it possible to use a single eVoucher on an Air Canada K-class flight? It would be YYZ-FRA. Trying to understand the footnotes it seems that the subclass restrictions apply only to core LH Group flights.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is it possible to use a single eVoucher on an Air Canada K-class flight? It would be YYZ-FRA. Trying to understand the footnotes it seems that the subclass restrictions apply only to core LH Group flights.
In theory, it should be possible. You'd have to call M&M to check availability.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plenty availability. But they told me it has to be B-class or Y-class. According to the rules, it said any class would be ok for using an upgrade voucher. Basically, they don't want us to use them.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its the opaque process that I find frustrating. How can I be open but it doesn't clear?
pdeut and Fennario like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about Air Dolomiti? Can I use the eVoucher to upgrade a flight in Economy Light? Or is it the same opaque mess with the answer always being No? One good thing about this is that it reinforces my total lack of loyalty to LH Group.
​​​​
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think if it’s a wet lease yes, but to state once more, you can upgrade any European flight from any RBD, or fare type, so even the cheapest K Light or O Saver on LOT and it needs one voucher. Verify on the award flight finder if there are C seats for miles, it will probably clear instantly.

As it includes LOT, it probably includes LG and OU.

The website is so rubbish it’s hard to know that stuff.

I made the mistake of listening to know it all lobotomy crew at a call centre, corrected by a nice German grandma, once I realised they were talking crap I was able to get what I wanted.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But Air Dolomiti is core Lufthansa Group, so it must work. It suppose it being outside of Star Alliance makes it a bit different. I see that they are operating FRA-GVA as well as MUC-GVA under their own EN flight numbers.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only two days left to find out. If you’re unable to use it I have plenty of upcoming stuff, same to anyone else, PM’s are open, better I use them than they expire .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.