Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2023, 5:14 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Normally evouchers are valid for two years, but this was suspended during the pandemic. The expiry clock will start ticking again on 1.1.2024 and any voucher older than two years will expire on March 31. If you got a voucher in late 2022, it will expire in late 2024.
I cannot find information about WHEN I was credited the vouchers. Where can I locate the information. When I tried to check about a month ago, I called the SEN line and reached Manila, so there was no response to that question. I currently have 6 vouchers, and certainly would not want to lose them.

Follow up question - if I book Awards travel in PE prior to March 31, and at the same time attempt to use vouchers for TATL, will I lose the vouchers if LH does not confirm me in Business?

Am I correct in hoping that if the upgrade was confirmed, the date of travel would not be relevant?

Third follow up question - if I book Awards travel in Business prior to March 31, and atttempt to use vouchers for upgrade to F - will they consider it? Will I lose the vouchers if LH does not confirm me?

As I have never faced losing vouchers, I am unsure of when the voucher upgrade would be confirmed. Thank you for your response.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 5:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The voucher has to be used before expiry, the date of the flight can be after that. You normally can see the date of credit of the evouchers on your mileage statement. The new M&M website that will go live in January 2024 will show the evouchers and their individual expiry date.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The voucher has to be used before expiry, the date of the flight can be after that. You normally can see the date of credit of the evouchers on your mileage statement. The new M&M website that will go live in January 2024 will show the evouchers and their individual expiry date.
Thank you for the response but I still remain with questions..

I have looked through the mileage statement in the App and don't see the info.

Further to my original question - if I book in February for a May trip - will they immediately apply the vouchers? I have been told by LH Sen line and read in Flyertalk that they wait with confirming the voucher.upgrade. What happens if they deny it in May?

An aside re Manila - I was told that my vouchers would never expire as long as I maintained SEN status. So much for their info....
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Gamerska
Further to my original question - if I book in February for a May trip - will they immediately apply the vouchers? I have been told by LH Sen line and read in Flyertalk that they wait with confirming the voucher.upgrade. What happens if they deny it in May?
What matters is when the upgrade is confirmed.
If you book in Feb for a May trip, with evouchers expiring end of Q1 2024, you need the upgrade to be confirmed immediately or the waitlist to clear before end of March.
You'll lose your evouchers if they are only waitlisted at the time of expiration.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by fereke
What matters is when the upgrade is confirmed.
If you book in Feb for a May trip, with evouchers expiring end of Q1 2024, you need the upgrade to be confirmed immediately or the waitlist to clear before end of March.
You'll lose your evouchers if they are only waitlisted at the time of expiration.
Acha! I was afraid of that.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 10:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gamerska
Third follow up question - if I book Awards travel in Business prior to March 31, and atttempt to use vouchers for upgrade to F - will they consider it?
Unfortunately you cannot upgrade an award ticket with eVouchers.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought they expired Dec 31st. Good to know there’s a few more months on them.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en.../evoucher.html

eVouchers are valid for 24 months.

Incidentally, none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. Excellent. That's why they're celebrating 30 years of me.
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: The Entire Universe!
Very Good News then!
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:59 am

[edit: removed]

Last edited by lxfc; Dec 19, 2023 at 9:11 am
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
can evouchers be used on ana or eva? if so how do i know what is short vs longhaul?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
can evouchers be used on ana or eva? if so how do i know what is short vs longhaul?
From https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e.../evoucher.html

* eVouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
* With an eVoucher, you can fly one class higher on international flights within an award region.
* Long-haul applies to flight tickets between two different award regions, for example a trip from Europe to North America.

For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html
and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.
andywaw likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Club, Miles and More
Hi all,

I looked through the thread but cant find a response to my problem:
I booked a Eurowings Dicover flight through the united.com website. I now wanted to upgrade this flight with e-vouchers. Miles and More tells me they cant find the booking code and even the e-ticket number doesnt let them open the flight details.
Calling United, they say, they can only upgrade flights operated by Lufthansa but not by Discover. However, I thought that Upgrade Vouchers can be redeemed by Discover as well. Anyone has an idea on how to proceed here?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:49 am

Was the discover flight booked under a United Codeshare (UA flight number)? Then it cannot be upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.