Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:14 am

A question of my own: I tried to upgrade Y -> J on a LH flight using 3 evouchers which showed outright availability for miles on the M&M web site. The flight in question is LH400 and again, there was business award/business flex award inventory open.

I have heard before that I award and I upgrade award space is not 100% the same. But I've also heard that Expertflyer stopped listing M&M inventories. Is there any way I can find out if there is space prior to booking? Was somewhat surprised yesterday when the call center told me: "Waitlist only."
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ffgap
A question of my own: I tried to upgrade Y -> J on a LH flight using 3 evouchers which showed outright availability for miles on the M&M web site. The flight in question is LH400 and again, there was business award/business flex award inventory open.

I have heard before that I award and I upgrade award space is not 100% the same. But I've also heard that Expertflyer stopped listing M&M inventories. Is there any way I can find out if there is space prior to booking? Was somewhat surprised yesterday when the call center told me: "Waitlist only."
Maybe the callcenter agent knew Nada… really should clear if I is available, you can try & book, cancel for free within 24 hrs.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Maybe the callcenter agent knew Nada… really should clear if I is available, you can try & book, cancel for free within 24 hrs.
That's what I did. Booked LH400 in booking class L after I saw booking class I as available that day on the M&M web site. Called in, from the agent's greeting, it seems I was routed to the German senator line (despite being only an FTL). Agent seemed competent, too. She said only waitlist available. As it was waitlist only for the return as well, I ended the call and cancelled the booking within the 24-hour grace period.

This is the reason I'm inquiring here. Is there a better way to figure out evoucher upgrade inventory in advance?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:07 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The mistake on the website has been first detected and debunked on VFT and later picked up by one of the german bloggers and hyped up. By now two HONs have verified it to be a mistake.
It‘s still 2 - with my upgrade done yesterday from C to F.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:27 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LHSEN
It‘s still 2 - with my upgrade done yesterday from C to F.
The "mistake" to ask for three eVouchers was probably a test run for a future version of the software. Once Allegris is in place, LH will probably ask for more vouchers for upgrades into F.
chris63, hugolover and utcmaster like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Could also be allowing upgrade from PE to F with 3 …
Old Feb 3, 2024, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
3 from J to Allegris F , if you share the middle Suite, new Swingers Class, by popular demand

Yes ! You did request it ! You know who you are
Old Feb 3, 2024, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by LHSEN
Could also be allowing upgrade from PE to F with 3 …
I have been an M&M member since the last millennium and, based on my experience, would be very surprised if LH did that.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by chris63
3 from J to Allegris F , if you share the middle Suite, new Swingers Class, by popular demand
I hope it's not going to happen, but there is a potential threat.
chris63 and athome like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 6:15 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by ffgap
The answer is almost certainly no, with a full-fare Y ticket possibly being an exception.
Thanks, though I'd love to see some working.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
On any aircraft with just 3 Allegris F seats, I don't expect any M&M upgrades getting confirmed any longer, be it miles or vouchers, no matter how many!
chris63, bobhope2 and Fennario like this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
Are there any general tendencies for how long it takes to get an e-voucher upgrade to clear off of a waitlist? I just booked a G flight for a family member and waitlisted a voucher for an upgrade to Business. The flight is a few weeks out and shows F4 A2 J9 C9 D9 Z1 P0 G9 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K6 in EF, if that info makes any difference.

Do waitlists typically linger right up until the last minute for e-Voucher upgrades?
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Fennario
Are there any general tendencies for how long it takes to get an e-voucher upgrade to clear off of a waitlist? I just booked a G flight for a family member and waitlisted a voucher for an upgrade to Business. The flight is a few weeks out and shows F4 A2 J9 C9 D9 Z1 P0 G9 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K6 in EF, if that info makes any difference.

Do waitlists typically linger right up until the last minute for e-Voucher upgrades?
They can sometimes only clear during boarding...

But the loads on that flight look promising, if they don't sell a bunch of seats soon I would expect to clear off the waitlist before the day of travel.
Fennario likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Is there any way to be sure one will get an upgrade before booking a flight?
Fennario likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
Originally Posted by supine
They can sometimes only clear during boarding...

But the loads on that flight look promising, if they don't sell a bunch of seats soon I would expect to clear off the waitlist before the day of travel.
One other question...does it make any difference that the pax has no status? I booked the ticket while logged in to my SEN account, and I used my eVouchers for the waitlist by phone, but the ticket isn't for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.