Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: LH SEN *
I want to upgrade LX Business Basic P to First Class A using 2 eVouchers. The flight is in January 2021.
Is it okay to call local M&M or would it be more effective to call German SEN line?
How long does it take for the upgrade to clear on LX?
I remember my upgrades on LH always cleared on the day before the departure date
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by andywaw
I want to upgrade LX Business Basic P to First Class A using 2 eVouchers. The flight is in January 2021.
Is it okay to call local M&M or would it be more effective to call German SEN line?
How long does it take for the upgrade to clear on LX?
I remember my upgrades on LH always cleared on the day before the departure date
IME , it’s better to call LX directly on their equivalent SEN line
Old Jul 31, 2020, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by chris63
IME , it’s better to call LX directly on their equivalent SEN line
I called LX SEN line and, as always, I can be offered a waiting list only. LX will not confirm a SEN upgrade for a flight which is half a year from now.
Those instant upgrades on LX must be an urban legend
I guess it might clear on the evening before the departure when they have leftovers seats not sold by then. Not really looking forward to flying in a middle seat on my birthday.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
I called LX SEN line and, as always, I can be offered a waiting list only. LX will not confirm a SEN upgrade for a flight which is half a year from now.
Those instant upgrades on LX must be an urban legend
I guess it might clear on the evening before the departure when they have leftovers seats not sold by then. Not really looking forward to flying in a middle seat on my birthday.
If you call the LX SEN line before booking they can tell you which dates will clear instantly or within 24 hrs & then use the 24 hr booking window
Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:31 pm

Two questions in case anyone here knows:

One, does the M&M website accurately reflect vouchers that are expiring soon? I thought all vouchers expiring 2020 have been extended to expire 2021, but I see a message on the "my account" page saying that there are eVouchers expiring soon. There's no way online to check when exactly they expire, right?

Secondly, can I use them to upgrade a domestic United flight? Especially on a widebody transcontinental from economy to Polaris business? The M&M website only refers to "international" flights, but I wonder if that's maybe just meant to emphasise that it also works for international flights.

Thank you!!
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I would call in any ask about the expiry. I have 1 evoucher from two years ago, which tried to use in October but my flights got cancelled so the vouvher was credited back. Either that crediting or the extension caused no message to pop up so far. My step father has two from two years ago too, which are due to expire under normal rules this or next quarter, but there is no message about any expiry in his account so far.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I would call in any ask about the expiry. I have 1 evoucher from two years ago, which tried to use in October but my flights got cancelled so the vouvher was credited back. Either that crediting or the extension caused no message to pop up so far. My step father has two from two years ago too, which are due to expire under normal rules this or next quarter, but there is no message about any expiry in his account so far.
Thank you! I did just call, and they said the vouchers were all valid until end of 2021. Let's hope the hotline is correct, and not the website.

Originally Posted by astronaut
Successfully upgraded a United 016- ticket PE (A) to C with M&M eVoucher. M&M deducted 2x eVoucher, I had expected 1x eVoucher in line with LH PE (E or G) to C.
Did anyone experience the same? I am about to complain to M&M but wanted to check here first. Thanks!
Also asked about United, and they confirm that you can upgrade domestic flights (from Y,B,M,U,H,Q,O,A classes). But they also said that depending on the route it may cost 1 or 2 eVouchers. So that may explain your experience, in case you're still wondering. They couldn't say which routes cost 1 and which cost 2, just that you can call about a particular booking and they can price the upgrade in their system.

edit: Aaaand of course those fare classes are almost as expensive as just booking business outright. 🤦‍♂️ So maybe not as good a use of the vouchers as I had hoped.

Last edited by mb752; Nov 18, 2020 at 9:38 am Reason: added booking class prices
Old Nov 21, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by mb752
Thank you! I did just call, and they said the vouchers were all valid until end of 2021. Let's hope the hotline is correct, and not the website.
I hope with you.

My account shows 4 vouchers, two from Nov 18 and two from Nov 20, and no message about any of them expiring soon.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:00 am

Does anyone know if an OS premium economy ticket in N would be upgradeable to business with eVouchers? N isn't listed in the booking classes that are excluded for OS in the stickied post, but I also can't find it in the M&M upgrade charts at all.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by mb752
Does anyone know if an OS premium economy ticket in N would be upgradeable to business with eVouchers? N isn't listed in the booking classes that are excluded for OS in the stickied post, but I also can't find it in the M&M upgrade charts at all.
I guess only E & G are upgradeable.
Old May 13, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Upgrade to F using e-vouchers

After reaching SEN (thanks, LX+LH, for Spain-GRU deal), I received 2 e vouchers that I would like to use to upgrade from P to A on my 13 November ZRH-GRU. The agent mentioned that I am on the waitlist for this upgrade (LX currently sells 4 seats in F for 13 NOV). Is there any timeline when these upgrades are cleared (or not). Or does it happen only on the day of departure? Thank you.
Old May 13, 2021, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by olm022
After reaching SEN (thanks, LX+LH, for Spain-GRU deal), I received 2 e vouchers that I would like to use to upgrade from P to A on my 13 November ZRH-GRU. The agent mentioned that I am on the waitlist for this upgrade (LX currently sells 4 seats in F for 13 NOV). Is there any timeline when these upgrades are cleared (or not). Or does it happen only on the day of departure? Thank you.
The upgrade might clear at any time, as late as on the day before the departure - and in this case you'll probably end up with a middle seat.
Old May 16, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
I am looking to book a trip in February next year to BKK. I have the option to book in economy basic, which books in L or economy basic plus, which books in S (for Lufthansa or Austrian) - the extra price is around €60 per person (around €240 for family of 4).

No real benefit to spend more and book in Economy basic plus except for the fact that I could burn my evouchers to upgrade to business. Both OS as LH business availability is wide open in terms of standard award availability (also no seats are occupued on EF).
Is there any way to get more confidence that I will be able to upgrade the flights from S to business or is it just wait until I have booked and hope that the upgrade will be available?

Thanks for the insights
Old May 16, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by janvdr
I am looking to book a trip in February next year to BKK. I have the option to book in economy basic, which books in L or economy basic plus, which books in S (for Lufthansa or Austrian) - the extra price is around €60 per person (around €240 for family of 4).

No real benefit to spend more and book in Economy basic plus except for the fact that I could burn my evouchers to upgrade to business. Both OS as LH business availability is wide open in terms of standard award availability (also no seats are occupued on EF).
Is there any way to get more confidence that I will be able to upgrade the flights from S to business or is it just wait until I have booked and hope that the upgrade will be available?

Thanks for the insights
If I is available the seats would probably upgrade instantly as your SEN, you could book & do the upgrade online, you can always cancel within 24 hrs if it doesn’t work or call the SEN line & ask them if they think upgrades would clear with Evouchers & there is the SEN waitlist.
Old May 17, 2021, 1:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Book and call the SEN line, they will do the needful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.