Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by RTW1
The double miles were included in the regular mileage posting for me.
DXB isn't Asia......
DXB is very much in Asia.

Originally Posted by htb
I also doubt DXB is in Asia as far as LH is concerned. They aren't talking about continents, but about regions.

HTB.
Maybe that's how it is but it wasn't obvious from the wording of the promotion. Let's sue them. I want my 3,000 miles.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
DXB is very much in Asia.
Sorry... but you' re basing this on?
For all M&M purposes DBX is the Middle East region (as would most people also assume without looking at the M&M region chart). The promo could have been clearer by specifying the countries, but assuming the Middle East is considered Asia for airline promotions is also a bit much.

Last edited by RTW1; Nov 25, 2012 at 5:49 am
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by htb
They posted a few weeks after the original mileage credit, but were added to the original entry. So if I hadn't looked into my account for a few weeks after the flights, I would think that they have all posted at the sametime.
Not for me, 1 posting with all the miles (I checked this morning on my arrival from SIN, and all miles were already posted).

24/11/2012
SINGAPORE-FRANKFURT MAIN +3,194 +3,194
Double miles asia +3,194
Executive Bonus +1,597 +1,597
LH779/LH779
Economy Class, K

Nice promo... 16k miles for a €600 ticket. And I even got 76A on both flights with an empty seat next to me :-).
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:57 am

A map. Sorry, I do not understand why you are disputing that Dubai is in Asia.

For all M&M purposes DBX is the Middle East region
Well, Dubai is in the Middle East but the Middle East is in Asia. So yes, I think Lufthansa should have been clearer that they meant Asia according to M&M charts and not Asia according to maps.

Btw, I would have taken this flight anyway so no real loss.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
A map. Sorry, I do not understand why you are disputing that Dubai is in Asia.
Each airline program has it's rules, and those normally include which countries they place in which regions. All loosely based on the general maps.

It is an M&M promotion so it's not that strange they use their own definitions...
So not disputing where Dubai is, just that's it's obviously not Asia for M&M.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:55 am

Btw, there is no region called Asia used by M&M. They have South East Asia and Central Asia/Far East. Which one of them is it that they mean by saying Asia?

The point here is that LH have been stupid by not specifying what they meant. Let's leave it there. However, if Franz is reading this then add the miles to my account. You know where to find me.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:54 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
For all M&M purposes DBX is the Middle East region (as would most people also assume without looking at the M&M region chart). The promo could have been clearer by specifying the countries, but assuming the Middle East is considered Asia for airline promotions is also a bit much.
If it is so clear that the Middle East region is not part of Asia, why should the Far East region be?

HTB.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by Aston Martin
On webesite M&M for FTL, in section - Exclusive offers, there is a special offer from Langham to get higher status in their program after via link (given on the website) - https://1865.langhamhotels.com/enrolment.aspx?IC=MMFTL.

But doesn't work, the invitation code is invalid.

Any suggestions?
Please help!!!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Double Asia Miles

Interesting reply from Miles and More:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are delighted to inform you that your registration for the Double Miles Asia Promotion was successfully processed. Unfortunately, your flights Frankfurt - Almaty on XXX and Almaty - Frankfurt on XXX cannot be considered for additional mileage credit as the promotion does not include flights to and from central Asia. Kindly accept our apologies for the disappointment caused.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further queries. We will gladly assist you.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Interesting reply, makes you wonder if they even bother to read their words before sending......

It would have been a smart idea if they had included the list of countries that M&M regards as Asia in the promotion, but stupidly they didn't.
They seems to use the same regions as they do for awards, but it seems they feel that only the South East Asia and the Far East are truly Asia .

A bit stupid...and if I were you I would complain again. I did for a promotion a while ago that also wasn't very clear (it was a German LH newsletter, that didn't specify that only flights originating from DE (not if using a feeder from somewhere else) would qualify). It took four complaints before I got what was owed.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Interesting reply, makes you wonder if they even bother to read their words before sending......

It would have been a smart idea if they had included the list of countries that M&M regards as Asia in the promotion, but stupidly they didn't.
They seems to use the same regions as they do for awards, but it seems they feel that only the South East Asia and the Far East are truly Asia .

A bit stupid...and if I were you I would complain again. I did for a promotion a while ago that also wasn't very clear (it was a German LH newsletter, that didn't specify that only flights originating from DE (not if using a feeder from somewhere else) would qualify). It took four complaints before I got what was owed.
Hi,

I agree with you that the OP should keep claiming because M&M is not right but least in this occasion they replied to the subject. In my experience they do not get even close
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:58 am

Writing a response was the first thing that I did :-):-) Lufthansa and I will be playing by the same rules (or lack of thereof).
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:44 pm

Double Asia Miles

And a quick follow up within 36 hours:

Dear XXX,

We checked the Terms and Conditions of the Double Miles Asia Promotion with the participating airlines and agree that an exclusion of a specific Asian region has been mentioned. Therefore, we have now credited the promotional miles for your flights Frankfurt - Almaty from XXX and Almaty - Frankfurt from XXX to your account. You can view the changes to your statement online at www.miles-and-more.com > My Lounge > My mileage account.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not bad...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:25 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Not bad...
I'm not sure I can follow:

..and agree that an exclusion of a specific Asian region has been mentioned.
I'm not sure if that is what LH wanted to write, considering the positive outcome for olm022.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.