How is LOT?

Old Oct 29, 2001, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

How is LOT?

I am wondering if anyone have any comments on LOT? I am primarily interested in trans-Atlantic J class and its safety record.

Thanks,

Steven

Old Nov 14, 2001, 1:40 pm

excellent safety record since switch to the western fleet. JClass excellent service but no individual screens/phones/PC power.
Configuration similar to N.American domestic F class 2-2-2. JClass sold at major discount comparing to other major carriers, hence generally it is worth considering. My impression: lack of gadgets is compensated with very courteous "old world" good quality inflight service. Also Warsaw is very "connection friendly" airport.
Old Dec 2, 2001, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. I will post a trip report after my flight this Friday. I heard about the lack of gadgets and hopefully I can keep myself entertained during my 8 hour flight.

Steven
Old Dec 7, 2001, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just got off my LOT Warsaw-Chicago flight. Here are my impressions:

check-in/airport staff - fair - nothing fancy for J class but not too bad

lounge at Warsaw - good - small but has everything (including Internet access) (actually I am not sure about bathroom or showers)

boarding - chaotic - no pre-boarding for J passengers. No announcement - people just rushed to the gate when the door opened.

inflight service - excellent - efficient, friendly and sincere - you get the feeling they want to take care of you - unlike some of those trans-Atlantic AA FAs that have plenty of AAtitude.

equipment - good - clean and well maintained

seating - fair - not great C class but acceptable

in-flight entertainment - no individual video nor noise reducing headsets but 2 movies plus cartoons.

food - fair - not even as good as some medium priced restaurants in Warsaw - don't understand why they don't spend more effort on this.

overnight kit - poor - I don't know what they are thinking.

I would do it again.

Steven

[This message has been edited by username (edited 12-08-2001).]
Old Dec 21, 2001, 5:29 am

My first flight with LOT was in 1970, a 3 US$ student ticket on a domestic flight. Since that time LOT has improved a lot.

This year I flew LOT domestic and European, both C and Y class. Here are my impressions.

Check-in agents and airport staff : Correct, nothing fancy;
Lounge at Warsaw : Not the top, but good service and well maintained, all drinks, papers, etc.
Boarding : Normal European way, no pre-boarding.
Inflight service : Excellent, very efficient, cabin staff masters languages, is friendly and sincere. You really get the feeling they take care of you, in particular in C;
Cabin : clean and well maintained;
Metal : relative new fleet, Boeing etc., well maintained.
Food : fair/good, as good as most European airlines. Kosher meal served. In general LOT can indeed spend more quality effort on food.

I will fly LOT again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.