Reload this Page >

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2023, 6:58 pm

Hyatt Regency LAX is always the correct answer to this question.
Parking is under $20/n using FLDOE for Top Spots at https://www.cheapairportparking.org.
Walkable to all terminals, saves an hour if arriving during evening chaos hours.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Relative bargain. Name brand mid-scale hotel, $160? Sounds quite reasonable. $20 for parking? Sale of the Century! (Or in this case, Century Blvd.) Not driving to LAX from La Mirada to catch a flight? Priceless
How is air quality around Century blvd?
I thought that is also needs to be considered.
I looked around Torrance but no luck! Did I miss something?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:24 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
The closer to the ocean, the better the air quality. Normal wind patterns in Southern California are from the ocean to the dessert (it's reversed during Santa Ana winds).
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by sciconf
How is air quality around Century blvd?
I thought that is also needs to be considered.
I looked around Torrance but no luck! Did I miss something?
The coastal areas of LA meet the federal air quality standards and have for decades.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
I have an LAX positioning flight with overnight to catch a JAL flight planned for mid October. I was going to book the Sheraton Gateway, but with the hotel strike I ended up selecting LAX Renaissance; is there any concern I should have about that property?

I would have preferred a simple connection same day, but the risk of same day, two pnr, JAL redemption via ASMP created the safe bet on the overnight. Just looking to keep the overnight connection simple and enjoyable.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Sep 15, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium; United Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cyborg
I have an LAX positioning flight with overnight to catch a JAL flight planned for mid October. I was going to book the Sheraton Gateway, but with the hotel strike I ended up selecting LAX Renaissance; is there any concern I should have about that property?

I would have preferred a simple connection same day, but the risk of same day, two pnr, JAL redemption via ASMP created the safe bet on the overnight. Just looking to keep the overnight connection simple and enjoyable.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Renaissance is very slightly farther from the airport, but better service, in my recent experience. The Sheraton was my go-to for years, but no more.
DJ_Iceman and cyborg like this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Renaissance LAX is a pretty good property. A bit further away so cannot walk to the terminals (well, you can, but takes a long time). But they have free shuttle so no issue for overnight and next day connection.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Have an O/N coming up in a few months. Arrive late afternoon and fly out mid-evening next day (Fr-Sa FWIW). Any updated suggestions? Hoping for a place we can hang out after check out, unless any have generous late check out times.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium; United Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Have an O/N coming up in a few months. Arrive late afternoon and fly out mid-evening next day (Fr-Sa FWIW). Any updated suggestions? Hoping for a place we can hang out after check out, unless any have generous late check out times.
Do you have status that allows for late check-out anywhere?

Given your flight times, you probably could stay a little ways from the airport and just deal with infrequent shuttles or a short Uber/Lyft. None of the hotels on Century are really connected to anything fun. Down PCH you might find something like the Aloft, where you can walk to some restaurants and shops nearby.

If you just want a nice-ish airport hotel, the Westin is most of the way finished with a remodel that should make it pretty nice. It’s on of the farthest down Century, but it has some of the most frequent shuttles.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
YVR Cockroach , if you know someone with Hyatt Globalist status, they can do a Guest of Honor points booking for you which would get you 4pm late checkout (and free breakfast) at the not-sexy-but-convenient Hyatt Regency LAX (or other mid-level Hyatts and above). Further away, there's some decent mainline hotels in Manhattan Beach that are walkable to the Manhattan Village mall and Plaza El Segundo stores and restaurants.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thanks. No status these days and know no one with status let alone Hyatt. Did this layover 4 years ago but had a later flight and cheaper rental car (Hertz from the Marriott on Century - stayed at the Renaissance). Hotel and car rental rates up considerably since.

Did look at Manhattan Beach but no shuttles. I would consider the westdrift IFF we could stay to use the pool after checkout (and head to the airport at ~1630). Did look at the Aloft but the reviews seem horrid (mainly the staff). Sonesta seems o.k. but 1100 checkout!
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC 50K *G, Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Hyatt Regency LAX vs LAX Marriott

Hi everyone! Last minute flight to Japan this Sunday which involves a 12.5 hour layover at LAX; my wife and I will be arriving from Toronto on AC at 9:50 pm and then flying on UA to Tokyo at 10:30 am the next day, Monday. I have been able to secure a travel agent rate of $99 + tax at the LAX Marriott however I am just wondering what their shuttle situation is like and if it will be better to book the Hyatt Regency LAX in case we need walk.
Any advice would be appreciated and thank you in advance.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by beanie72
Hi everyone! Last minute flight to Japan this Sunday which involves a 12.5 hour layover at LAX; my wife and I will be arriving from Toronto on AC at 9:50 pm and then flying on UA to Tokyo at 10:30 am the next day, Monday. I have been able to secure a travel agent rate of $99 + tax at the LAX Marriott however I am just wondering what their shuttle situation is like and if it will be better to book the Hyatt Regency LAX in case we need walk.
Any advice would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Mentioned upthread that the Westin has the most shuttles per hour pretty consistently in my experience. Marriott is less good but not awful, but it’s definitely a very long walk if they let you down. We are doing a flight that arrives from the East Coast into LAX about 9pm Pacific pretty regularly these days and are limiting ourselves to Westin and Hyatt. If I didn’t have status with Bonvoy it would probably be Hyatt all the way. Reasonably easy walk and they actual run shuttles pretty reliably as well.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: AC 50K *G, Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by everythingcounts
Mentioned upthread that the Westin has the most shuttles per hour pretty consistently in my experience. Marriott is less good but not awful, but it’s definitely a very long walk if they let you down. We are doing a flight that arrives from the East Coast into LAX about 9pm Pacific pretty regularly these days and are limiting ourselves to Westin and Hyatt. If I didn’t have status with Bonvoy it would probably be Hyatt all the way. Reasonably easy walk and they actual run shuttles pretty reliably as well.
Thank you! I appreciate the quick reply. I have Bonvoy Gold and nothing with Hyatt as well I can get a travel agent at the Westin for Sunday night however I've gone with the HR LAX just for the piece I mind we can walk over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.