SoFi Stadium

Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by corky
Not a fan of Sofi (at least for a concert). The acoustics were awful. I have seen the Stones many times and have been to concerts in pretty much every LA venue & I think this was the worst.
For a new stadium --which looks pretty cool from the outside--they were lacking. Very little signage and what they had was small...we had a hard time finding our section and walked almost clear around the place. Almost zero restroom signage unless you were standing right in front of it and even that was tiny. Almost zero elevators...we only saw 2 and they were small (again--very well hidden). I had some minor leg surgery recently and the stairs looked a bit daunting for me.
I had purchased onsite parking ($77!!!) and that was a real cluster when it came time to leave. Concert got out at 11 and at 12:15 we finally started to move....we were sitting in our lot with absolutely no movement all of that time. Other lots on site were moving but not us!
Last but not least---our section smelled like a sewer had backed up. We were all complaining (thank god for masks)--it was vile and no one seemed to know what was going on.
Canít get no satisfaction, eh?
corky likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator2 and I went to the Lions at Rams game today. We parked at the Locust Street garage, on the corner of Locust and Manchester, about a mile and a quarter from the stadium. It took less than fifteen minutes to take the shuttle to the stadium. After the game we skipped the shuttle and walked back to the garage. It took us approximately the same amount of time to walk back as the shuttle ride to the stadium. There was no delay in exiting the garage. For what it is worth, there was no sewer smell where we were seating.

Here are some photos:

corky and jmw like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Moderator2 and I went to the Lions at Rams game today. We parked at the Locust Street garage, on the corner of Locust and Manchester, about a mile and a quarter from the stadium. It took less than fifteen minutes to take the shuttle to the stadium. After the game we skipped the shuttle and walked back to the garage. It took us approximately the same amount of time to walk back as the shuttle ride to the stadium. There was no delay in exiting the garage. For what it is worth, there was no sewer smell where we were seating.

Here are some photos:

I am glad that the smell was fresh as a daisy! lol
I know that you walked back but I wonder what the wait was like for shuttles to take you back to your car if you had gone that route.
I had complained about waiting well over an hour before our lot even started moving (while others were) and they gave me a $50 parking credit (I had paid $77) which is usable at a lot of place so I am going to use it at Joe's parking at LAX this week and avoid the uber/cab cluster for my return trip.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
I know that you walked back but I wonder what the wait was like for shuttles to take you back to your car if you had gone that route.
We did not pass by the shuttle pickup spot on our way back to the parking garage, it was in the opposite direction from where we were walking. We did, however, see traffic northbound on Prairie backed up as we were walking through the Forum's parking lot and then on Prairie towards Manchester. We arrived at the garage before any of the shuttle buses did, hence our quick exit from the garage.
corky likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by TWA884
We did not pass by the shuttle pickup spot on our way back to the parking garage, it was in the opposite direction from where we were walking. We did, however, see traffic northbound on Prairie backed up as we were walking through the Forum's parking lot and then on Prairie towards Manchester. We arrived at the garage before any of the shuttle buses did, hence our quick exit from the garage.
"Uh, we literally beat the traffic by walking!"

David
Craig6z likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:53 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
So I have a Superbowl question. Game starts @ 3:30 and MOL ends 4 hrs later. Do you think I would be able to catch a UA redeye dep 11:15 or should I try for later flight? Have clear/precheck.
I won't rent a car as I plan on flying in that morning.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by rustyr
So I have a Superbowl question. Game starts @ 3:30 and MOL ends 4 hrs later. Do you think I would be able to catch a UA redeye dep 11:15 or should I try for later flight? Have clear/precheck.
I won't rent a car as I plan on flying in that morning.
You are going to have a hard time getting an Uber or Lyft. Traffic around the stadium will be gridlocked for at least an hour after the end of the game. Metro runs a shuttle on game days between the Green Line (C) Hawthorne/Lennox station and the stadium. It's approx. a five miles walk from the stadium to T7.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.