SoFi Stadium

Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SoFi Stadium

Has anyone been there? How hard is it to park or get an Uber pickup? Do they have taxis? I am going this weekend for a concert and trying to make this is easy and inexpensive as possible. Any input about the place is appreciated.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator2 and I are going to the Lions vs. Rams game on October 24; That is a week after your concert.

I did research the parking, though. We got a parking pass for the Locust Street Garage (#4 on the map below) and shuttle passes through IPARK&GO.

Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Moderator2 and I are going to the Lions vs. Rams game on October 24; That is a week after your concert.

I did research the parking, though. We got a parking pass for the Locust Street Garage (#4 on the map below) and shuttle passes through IPARK&GO.

Thanks...yes park and go would be great but I did not see an option for the Stones concert on 10/17. When I go to a location, the concert is not listed in the drop down menu.
Ok..upon looking further, it appears that is is only available at certain locations (not the ones I want but as they say...."you can't always get what you want".). Is the price per car?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
Thanks...yes park and go would be great but I did not see an option for the Stones concert on 10/17. When I go to a location, the concert is not listed in the drop down menu.
Ok..upon looking further, it appears that is is only available at certain locations (not the ones I want but as they say...."you can't always get what you want".). Is the price per car?
We paid $41.25 for the parking pass and $7.70 for each round-trip shuttle pass. The total for the two of us was ~$57.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:25 pm

Might as well post a picture of the stadium and the surrounding area.

Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am rethinking this. I have been reading that the wait time for an uber can be around 90 minutes (and I don't want to duck out early). This has been my experience at the Forum too....crazy wait times for rideshare. If I do the shuttle thing, I am guessing there are wait times for the shuttle too although I imagine they aren't long. Plus with the shuttle, I am still forced to drive to the lot and home. So I guess I am just going to drive there and park in a lot for $70. At least I will walk out of the place and short walk (.3 miles) to my car. Bottom line is that there is no easy way to do this...all ways are big time sucks.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I am rethinking this. I have been reading that the wait time for an uber can be around 90 minutes (and I don't want to duck out early). This has been my experience at the Forum too....crazy wait times for rideshare. If I do the shuttle thing, I am guessing there are wait times for the shuttle too although I imagine they aren't long. Plus with the shuttle, I am still forced to drive to the lot and home. So I guess I am just going to drive there and park in a lot for $70. At least I will walk out of the place and short walk (.3 miles) to my car. Bottom line is that there is no easy way to do this...all ways are big time sucks.
Too bad you donít have a friend to car pool with. Might be the last Stones tour if they keep dying off!
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Might as well post a picture of the stadium and the surrounding area.

Nice shot - which runway were you landing on?

David
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Nice shot - which runway were you landing on?

David
The last time that I had a view of the stadium from that angle was while landing on runway 25L; however, the stadium was nothing more than a gigantic hole in the ground with steel beams and girders.

I borrowed this image from METRO - the Metropolitan Transportation Authority website.The exact same image appears in several other websites. It's credited to Shutterstock.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last time that I had a view of the stadium from that angle was while landing on runway 25L; however, the stadium was nothing more than a gigantic hole in the ground with steel beams and girders.

I borrowed this image from METRO - the Metropolitan Transportation Authority website.The exact same image appears in several other websites. It's credited to Shutterstock.
Got it.

David
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Too bad you don’t have a friend to car pool with. Might be the last Stones tour if they keep dying off!
Well it isn't like they are dying en masse. Heck, Keith is very much on borrowed time. I would have picked him in a ghoul pool long befrore Charlie.
Yes I am going with a friend but we are both going in my car. Transportation is gonna suck no matter what. I bought my parking pass ($77 because of course there is a SERVICE CHARGE--what service?) but it says it is fully refundable in case I win the lottery and take a limo. And in that case, there will be a major upgrade of seating.

Last edited by corky; Oct 14, 2021 at 11:33 am
Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, my current best shot of SoFI Stadium:

David
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
FWIW, my current best shot of SoFI Stadium:

David
I thought it would be bigger.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:08 pm

I thought it would be bigger.
It's plenty big. 😉

Here is an enlargement from a photo that I took from our hike to the Hollywood Sign last weekend. It's 12 miles in a beeline.

corky likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not a fan of Sofi (at least for a concert). The acoustics were awful. I have seen the Stones many times and have been to concerts in pretty much every LA venue & I think this was the worst.
For a new stadium --which looks pretty cool from the outside--they were lacking. Very little signage and what they had was small...we had a hard time finding our section and walked almost clear around the place. Almost zero restroom signage unless you were standing right in front of it and even that was tiny. Almost zero elevators...we only saw 2 and they were small (again--very well hidden). I had some minor leg surgery recently and the stairs looked a bit daunting for me.
I had purchased onsite parking ($77!!!) and that was a real cluster when it came time to leave. Concert got out at 11 and at 12:15 we finally started to move....we were sitting in our lot with absolutely no movement all of that time. Other lots on site were moving but not us!
Last but not least---our section smelled like a sewer had backed up. We were all complaining (thank god for masks)--it was vile and no one seemed to know what was going on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.