Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Lanes @ LAX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zoechow
Using Terminal 6 to depart AC, business class, to YVR. Have global entry. Is there a tsa pre security line? Any advice about finding it if so? Any advice about how early I should show for a midday Thursday flight?
Yes, T6 has pre. I've never seen it take more than about five minutes to go through. General LA and LAX terminal traffic is the bigger factor in setting your schedule.
zoechow likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, T6 has pre. I've never seen it take more than about five minutes to go through. General LA and LAX terminal traffic is the bigger factor in setting your schedule.
I did T6 for the first time in awhile a couple of weeks ago. You ride up an escalator, and then regular security is to the right and Pre is to the left. However, when I did it earlier this month, everyone had stopped moving at the top of the escalator and I was absolutely the last person to fit on the landing. Honestly, I was scared when I took my tiny step off at the top as there was absolutely no where to move and I had no idea if there were people close behind me. Luckily, there wasn't anyone immediately anyone behind me on the escalator, but I did start yelling at people that they had to move and I did end up jamming my foot on the rollaboard of the guy in front of me.

As I walked towards Pre, I did tell off the security guard that they couldn't be stopping people at the top of an escalator. They yelled back that they didn't stop anyone, people stopped to ask them a question. I shot back, "It's an escalator. You've got to keep people moving. It's dangerous." I don't know if this was a freak occurrence, but it was definitely ridiculous.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
5 min T6 for TSA Pre, which is in line with what somebody else mentioned.
Just a small hiccup with my GE card.
Other than that, my backpack went through without a hitch.

Passed through this checkpoint this past Sept and it got sent to secondary because of the coins I stashed in the backpack pocket.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Is Clear open in T4 in 2023? Does it lead into the pre-check line when going through the screening and x-ray for luggage?
Old Dec 24, 2023, 8:05 am

Anyone know if the “secret” TSA lane for connecting flights is still open at TBIT? My understanding is that it is at the far left of TBIT arrivals. Open on a Sunday? Thanks
Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:06 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by aussiecorn
Anyone know if the “secret” TSA lane for connecting flights is still open at TBIT? My understanding is that it is at the far left of TBIT arrivals. Open on a Sunday? Thanks
I've no idea if it's open, however, it is to the far right, towards T4, as you come out of the customs hall. Facing TBIT from the road way, it is at the far left side of the building. That TSA checkpoint doesn't not have PreCheck lanes.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.