Where to stay 3 days near ocean after Disneyland trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay 3 days near ocean after Disneyland trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct, no private beaches, beachfront development is limited and they must provide public access to the beach/coast.

For relaxation I highly recommend Dana Point/Laguna Beach.

With Marriott points, Newport Coast timeshare properties are also sometimes available. Not on the water, but a lovely property.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd also agree with any of the posters so far about beaches, except Santa Barbara. It's nice but it's pretty far when there are a lot of closer beaches. I don't like Santa Monica that much-- it tends to be very crowded, though it's probably ok during the week. For a non-crowded beach on the weekend, I bike to Seal Beach all the time and I've never seen it crowded. There's not a lot of parking, and if you park near the River's End Cafe (which is pretty decent food at very reasonable prices) it's a bit of a hike across the sand to the water. Redondo is pretty empty during the week-- I worked near there for a couple years and would go to the farmers market near the beach during the week, and sometimes the pier before heading home, and it's pretty quiet on weekdays. The town is much quieter than Santa Monica and has plenty of food options. Hotels near the beach are pricey, but there are hotels a little farther out that are pretty cheap.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No pool but there is a hotel in Hermosa that is right smack on the beach. ...can probably watch the volleyball players from your room. And it is probably half block from the pier which is all restaurants and bars. Lmk...I will look up the name if interested. It's nice.
also. ..don't know what your plans are but I strongly suggest staying on the property at Disneyland. 3 hotels to pick from. ..early entry to parks and so convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.