Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have TACA tkt #, but NO tkt yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2005, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Exclamation Have TACA tkt #, but NO tkt yet?

I am curious for those of us who got a tkt # from GP, and can see same on Taca.com (Itinerary & tkt #), should we NEVER receive our paper tkts. from GP, what can we do?
Would TACA allow us to travel? What about a lost ticket situation?
Maybe someone knows CURRENT rules associated w/a paper ticket?
We need to have a back-up plan. Chime in
Old Jul 9, 2005, 12:27 pm

Boa,

You ask interesting question and I can tell you my son lost a TACA ticket and it was replaced. Talked to him about situation yesterday and he pointed out: he had purchased travel insurance, (was going diving in Roatan with girlfreind) and travel insurance made good on ticket. If you have ticket numbers it might be good idea to purchase TI policy that covers lost tickets. Once ticket numbers issued you have ticket, if it becomes lost after that for whatever reason, you probably can make claim against travel insurer for costs, at the least they may be able to help. In my sons case it was GlobalPass award ticket so he was only able to recoupe charges for ticket reisuance, but travel insurance company handled details with TACA directly to have ticket reissued and GP/LP was never involved.

Last edited by cygone; Jul 9, 2005 at 1:02 pm
Old Jul 9, 2005, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Wink

Originally Posted by cygone
Boa,

You ask interesting question and I can tell you my son lost a TACA ticket and it was replaced. Talked to him about situation yesterday and he pointed out: he had purchased travel insurance, (was going diving in Roatan with girlfreind) and travel insurance made good on ticket. If you have ticket numbers it might be good idea to purchase TI policy that covers lost tickets. Once ticket numbers issued you have ticket, if it becomes lost after that for whatever reason, you probably can make claim against travel insurer for costs, at the least they may be able to help. In my sons case it was FF ticket so he was only able to recoupe charges for ticket reisuance, but travel insurance company handled details with TACA directly to have ticket reissued and GP/LP was never involved.
Cy,
Excellent suggestion ours too will be FF tkts. BUT if the Insurance would cover reisuance and I am able to board my flights, who cares.
I think we ALL should take this advise to heart, and the price we pay for the Insuance will far-out-weigh the security it would afford. I was worried about having to make 5 connections as it was, it just never dawned on me to do Insurance, your a life-saver! Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 1:47 pm

Which Insurance Company

Originally Posted by cygone
I can tell you my son lost a TACA ticket and it was replaced. Talked to him about situation yesterday and he pointed out: he had purchased travel insurance, (was going diving in Roatan with girlfreind) and travel insurance made good on ticket.
Which travel insurance company did your son use? I would want that information as other companies may have different exclusions.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:35 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by BOA VIAGEM
...should we NEVER receive our paper tkts. from GP, what can we do? Would TACA allow us to travel? What about a lost ticket situation?
Just because there is a ticket number in a PNR does not mean that the ticket was actually ever written and submitted to ARC. For example, anyone in the travel industry could easily call an airline and give em a ticket number. Then never write that ticket. Or they could void it. And never call the airline back to remove the number. One could even use it to write another ticket of some kind. (Not likely, but a possible scenario). The only protection one will have for a lost ticket is if, in fact, that actual number was ticketed and it did make it to ARC.

Once a ticket is submitted to ARC - TACA gets a copy and can apply their particular lost ticket policy to your trip. Just having a ticket number in a res does not constitue ticketing. TACA could, however, check that number to see if it was actually issued and made it to ARC or was voided (or submitted as lost stock, etc).

I sincerely doubt that any insurance co. will cover you for a ticket that was never issued (which would occur in the scenario which I just described above). So one should not feel 'safe' just because there is a number in their PNR. OTOH, w GP they do set aside that number for your ticket. There would be no reason to assign a number if they didn't actually mean to use it. It's just added work. And, having that number does mean that they have that ticket. (They wouldn't have the number unless they had the ticket).

What's that old saying, tho, 'a ticket (bird) in hand is worth two in the bush?' Or in our cases...6 or 8 or 10 or 12... tickets in the bush.

As you know, GP hand writes their tickets. So I suggest that everyone chill this week and let them knock out a few. Long about Friday we should have alot more info and can go from there.

BTW, I just thought of something, has anyone waiting for ticketing checked their cc statement to see if the taxes where charged for a particular ticket? I'm not talking about GP's SC now. I'm talking about having been charged for taxes which would appear on the ticket? If so, there should be a ticket number there which will match the info from the GP site. If you've been charged, you can be assured that your ticket WILL make it to ARC. Which means, of couse, that lost ticketing will now apply to you.

That's my take on your question/comments. Of course, I'm carrying devalued pesos at the moment.

Last edited by tvl4free; Jul 10, 2005 at 9:02 am
Old Jul 9, 2005, 8:31 pm

tvl4free so are you suggesting my two remaining tickets will be issued? Did you get all of yours? What is the status did GP receive more tickets? And if so why did Taca agree?

This whole recent thing is so vague, we hear things are working but I have not heard of anybody saying they have them in hand. Sure I can chill till Friday or next month, just would like to know.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 9:30 pm
Suspended

milesrus,

You might have a problem if teh people going dont have the same lastname as you. As per randys post (sticky) they might say that you sold teh miles to other people. Lets hope they dont. If you too are going pretty much on the same dates then thers less of a chance of thenm being to say that you sold the miles. Just a thought.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 9:31 pm
Suspended

dup..

Last edited by craz; Jul 10, 2005 at 8:20 am
Old Jul 10, 2005, 6:47 am

That's absurd to assume that tickets given away are sold. My word for example a lady who is a missionary is using a ticket to go from dallas to sao paulo. She has to overnite two nights in a hotel to get there. In addition she has to make five stops to get there. Hey but that's better than $1,000 for a nonstop for a missionary.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 8:23 am
Suspended

absurb or not, there was a post somewhere where another member got either an email that the tkts are cominmg or tkts to SCL, but not for a friend that was suppose join them whose tkts were for EZE-SCL. Could be it will still come or that GP thought they sold the miles for both of yous.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:40 am

I wonder what somebody would pay, for a questionable/usable Taca/globalpas ticket

two hotel nights and 4-5 stops each way. I sure hope if the airlines get into wordem shape we won't have these issues with the big airlines. I have been trying to get tickets to florida no availability for days using miles from delta,American, Continental, United or northwest or southwest just ridiculous. even the double miles is bad times.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milesrus
ticket to go from dallas to sao paulo. She has to overnite two nights in a hotel to get there. In addition she has to make five stops to get there. Hey but that's better than $1,000 for a nonstop for a missionary.
Ditto....I have to fly from ATL into MIA then overnight (my cost). I then have 4 stops from there plus another segment to Rio (my cost), then the reverse.
Of course I used an Award Night w/Starwood on the outbound and on the return an Award w/Hilton. I also used a One-way RG (10K) Award tkt from GRU to GIG, and purchased a CHEAP GOL flight (that leaves at 3:30am) from GIG back to GRU. better than $1100, I agree!
Not a FUN trip....but worth it as I was able to cancel a DL flight in Sept. and will use those 50K miles NEXT Year on their "return to Rio" non-Stops from ATL...I simply can't wait, did this before they pulled out from GIG. This is my LAST trip having to route through so many cities. I won't miss CO and doing Atlanta, Houston, Sao Paulo, and finally Rio, either!

Last edited by BOA VIAGEM; Jul 10, 2005 at 12:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.