FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have TACA tkt #, but NO tkt yet?
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:35 pm
tvl4free

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by BOA VIAGEM
...should we NEVER receive our paper tkts. from GP, what can we do? Would TACA allow us to travel? What about a lost ticket situation?
Just because there is a ticket number in a PNR does not mean that the ticket was actually ever written and submitted to ARC. For example, anyone in the travel industry could easily call an airline and give em a ticket number. Then never write that ticket. Or they could void it. And never call the airline back to remove the number. One could even use it to write another ticket of some kind. (Not likely, but a possible scenario). The only protection one will have for a lost ticket is if, in fact, that actual number was ticketed and it did make it to ARC.

Once a ticket is submitted to ARC - TACA gets a copy and can apply their particular lost ticket policy to your trip. Just having a ticket number in a res does not constitue ticketing. TACA could, however, check that number to see if it was actually issued and made it to ARC or was voided (or submitted as lost stock, etc).

I sincerely doubt that any insurance co. will cover you for a ticket that was never issued (which would occur in the scenario which I just described above). So one should not feel 'safe' just because there is a number in their PNR. OTOH, w GP they do set aside that number for your ticket. There would be no reason to assign a number if they didn't actually mean to use it. It's just added work. And, having that number does mean that they have that ticket. (They wouldn't have the number unless they had the ticket).

What's that old saying, tho, 'a ticket (bird) in hand is worth two in the bush?' Or in our cases...6 or 8 or 10 or 12... tickets in the bush.

As you know, GP hand writes their tickets. So I suggest that everyone chill this week and let them knock out a few. Long about Friday we should have alot more info and can go from there.

BTW, I just thought of something, has anyone waiting for ticketing checked their cc statement to see if the taxes where charged for a particular ticket? I'm not talking about GP's SC now. I'm talking about having been charged for taxes which would appear on the ticket? If so, there should be a ticket number there which will match the info from the GP site. If you've been charged, you can be assured that your ticket WILL make it to ARC. Which means, of couse, that lost ticketing will now apply to you.

That's my take on your question/comments. Of course, I'm carrying devalued pesos at the moment.

Last edited by tvl4free; Jul 10, 2005 at 9:02 am