Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Effective 6/30/2005 - NO MORE GlobalPass Awards [miles for money]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Effective 6/30/2005 - NO MORE GlobalPass Awards [miles for money]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2005, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
Thanks again Flight_Hound. I'm afraid you're no longer a lurker. But your secret is safe with us! Actually, after this little flurry I'm afraid there will be little reason to come back to this forum...unless GP has some more surprises in store (of a more positive nature).

I hope we see you on one of the other forums offering detailed and incredibly useful advice.

It is interesting that there isn't more activity the past couple of weeks. Taca must have had quite an increase in activity, judging by the fact that the Reps all seemed pretty knowledgeable about what was going on (at least by the time I started calling) and they adjusted their policies midstream. Perhaps Flight_Hound's post made all others redundant.

I managed to book 5 reservations including some for next year. I faxed my information to GP but plan to follow it up with an email today just to be safe. I had been planning to take a few months off work and go to Africa in the Fall. But instead I'll be going to Panama, Argentina, Roatan, Peru and Brazil! Once things settle down a bit at Taca I'm going to try to extend my Brazil trip (currently 6 weeks from the beginning of January to the middle of February) for a couple more months and try to get an award from Delta to fly from Sao Paolo to Capetown. So I'd fly to GRU, hang out in Brazil for a few weeks, fly to CPT and travel around Africa for a couple of months, then back to Brazil (Rio for some R&R on the beach) then back home!

I left some miles on the table but I'm certainly happy with the value I've gotten out of my million mile run. No complaints.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:57 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
I feel that GP's actions, which in essence 'forced me to cash out,' in and/of itself, devalued my miles. I would have much rather used them (at some point) on KLM to South Africa in J than to be 'forced into purchasing' MIA-SJO for a quick weekend, for example. Those paid tickets to South Africa are much more pricey!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.