Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Effective 6/30/2005 - NO MORE GlobalPass Awards [miles for money]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Effective 6/30/2005 - NO MORE GlobalPass Awards [miles for money]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2005, 7:32 am

It cost $15 for your tickets or $50 to expediate. Don't you think with their track record that $35 is good value to assure yourself that they won't pull anything/close shop etc?
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:32 am

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Originally Posted by Harvey108
I checked at www.taca.com and have not seen GIG as a TACA destination. How did you manage getting there using Globalpass bonus miles?
Oops....I meant GRU but I am going on to Rio w/ a One-Way RG 10K Award and flying GOL for $28 back to GRU.

Last edited by BOA VIAGEM; Jun 24, 2005 at 11:40 am
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:37 am

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Originally Posted by craz
I was amazed when I also didnt see Rio as a destination, seems they Only serve Sao Paulo. with the exception of Cuzco, it seems Taca/Lacsa only goes into Biz Cities or Capitals which down there is usually one and the same.

please do inform us on how we also can score tkts to GIG
Again, It was a slip since I am going onward to Rio using a RG One-Way 10K award tkt. and flying GOL back (GIG) to GRU for $28. I changed my post to relect GRU...Thanks for correcting me I don't want to give out false hopes or wrong information!
For the record I log onto TACA and see the ticket number and that it shows issued...let's hope I get the darn thing. I am flying (ATL-earning miles-to) MIA-SJC-BOG-LIM-GRU (then onward to RIO) & back...whew
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:52 pm

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
Flights still available to SA

This morning I was able to book 3 tickets to La Paz, Bolivia in business class from Chicago for a friend of mine who will have burned almost 500 miles today.
I haven't had any problems booking tickets to SA this week.

However, when I called GlobalPass to ticket, they asked me to email the information to them so they can ticket them next Tuesday. I'm a little nervous about this, but to be honest I've never had any problems with GP, and so am expecting that the entire transaction will go well. I imagine that they don't have the telephone operator capacity to handle all the requests that are coming in at this time.

I also asked about when to expect the tickets. They told me that currently they are telling everyone that tickets will be mailed a month prior to travel. She did say, however, that that procedure may change after next week.

Last edited by vandykes44; Jun 24, 2005 at 12:53 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 24, 2005, 1:38 pm
Suspended

milesrus, I wont pay the fees, since unless the travel dates are in the next 2 weeks they wont issue before 6/30 IMO. And if they shut down then its a dispute with my CC to get the $$ back.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strange explanation

I called GP this afternoon to ticket my reservation and got thru right away. Surprise! The agent explained that they have been overwhelmed and are running low on seat allottments, so they would not issue tickets at this time.
I told her that I was able to book with TACA, so awards were available. But she referred to directions from administration for this new procedure.

I then was instructed to e-mail the reservations details and it would be handled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Further, the agent asked me to include on the e-mail my credit card information which I refused to, but instead I sent it by fax.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:08 pm

I was also asked to email the request but was given a slightly different explantion. They are apparently out of Taca ticket stock and expect more on Tuesday. The strange part is that they said that they could NOT guarantee that my award tickets would actually be issued. We can only hope that this isn't some sort of attempt by Taca and/or GP to hold up delivery of the required ticket stock until after Taca's participation in the program expires.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking up my res at taca.com: It only shows "Status: confirmed". Is there a way to show cabin/class of service you have reserved?
Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:23 pm

No "T" or "D" class is indicated on TACA site

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Looking up my res at taca.com: It only shows "Status: confirmed". Is there a way to show cabin/class of service you have reserved?
No "T" or "D" class is indicated on TACA site. I recommend you call back TACA just to confirm with an agent on the phone that you have "T" or "D" (one or the other) for all of the segments. Globalpass would not ticket when we had mixed "D" and "T" so, on one trip we needed them to issue two tickets (and use more mileage). One ticket was all "D" segments and the other was "T" segments.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to all for the info. Now holding out til Tuesday.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Flight_Hound
. Loss of the paper ticket=too bad. The ONLY thing you can do with an award ticket after June 30th 2005 are date changes. )
I just wanted to know if TACA told you (or anyone else) that they would not be able to replace tickets issued by GP that were later "lost". I wondered about the source of that, because, as far as I understand, Airlines give a ticket number and then they show on their system that they are ticketed and they all have a policy for paper tickets to be reissued with some fee involved. Just because the tickets have been issued by a travel agency or a partner would not effect that policy, right?

My situation is that I have many tickets that have ticket numbers but we have not received them yet.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:26 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I'm having a difficult time getting another award ticket. So far I have been told by different agents that South America is blacked out for November and December and that no awards are being released for 2006.

Is Aeropostal still an option for awards?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by satori
Is Aeropostal still an option for awards?
No, only what you can see at www.taca.com
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
It really depends on luck and an accomodating reservations agent. I just secured a confirmed reservation for SFO-Quito next January with Taca .
Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:47 pm

Just booked Boston - La Paz, Bolivia in D biz class for my father for eight days beginning at the end of September. Hopefully will be able to ticket this next week...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.