I think WE PREVAILED!!!

Old Jul 6, 05, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
I think WE PREVAILED!!!

New e's from GP! Ticket nos. assigned and being reported in my account.
One of the last to submit requests on June 30th! Check your online accounts!

Woohoo!
Old Jul 6, 05, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by tvl4free

Woohoo!
That's great news! No change in my account and no email yet. Perhaps they are working their way through the requests now.
Old Jul 6, 05, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothin in mine except the email denial back on 6/30 or was it 7/01
Old Jul 6, 05, 1:29 pm

Nothin in my account yet but this is a ray of hope!
Old Jul 6, 05, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

by the way tvl4free its GREAT news, I also hope that due to it that we wont lose out on your help or anyone elses help that get their tkts, till we all get ours.
Old Jul 6, 05, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
had 4 tkt. nos. in my account when I wrote the above Am watching the speedometer roll....5 tkt nos....6 tkt nos...!!!
Old Jul 6, 05, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
damn....nothing here yet.............

fingers crossed
Old Jul 6, 05, 2:48 pm

Nothing Yet in Mine or My Wife's Account

We'll keep watching and checking. The good news is that if GP has started issuing some tickets, and is choosing to issue the ones for earliest departure, first, then they must have some level of confidence that they would receive more ticket stock, or they would probably have continued to ticket on a first in first out basis. I am now officially hopeful and can wait a day or two before starting the full court press with contacting Consumer Affairs and others.
Old Jul 6, 05, 3:04 pm

What are the Travel Dates?

Originally Posted by tvl4free

Woohoo!
What were the travel dates on your newly issued tickets? That may help us understand whether GP is issuing tickets first for July travel.
Old Jul 6, 05, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could it be that after reading this Forum (Im sure they have). they got the pic that its alot better to own up and tkt US then to have all the negative PR and especially what all the making of a res and then doing a No-Show would do to them.

i hope that tvl4free isnt an isolated case, all of my res are still there Except for my Sept one which has disappeared and I wasnt able to find it, I did do aname change on it on 6/30 but that was before I submitted it to GPs via Email. Got to call Taca on that one.
Old Jul 6, 05, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL 2 Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, IHG Platinum
I have not received anything yet and I did not even get an email response to my originally award request. I only saw the GlobalPass's response when looking online at my account after reading about the denials on FlyerTalk. I just emailed them again reminding them that I had made 2 valid award requests according to their rules and I expected them to be honored.

We will wait and see what their response is.
Old Jul 6, 05, 6:00 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
My first TACA trip to Chile is scheduled in early August. I need to know pretty soon as I have less than a week to notify ANA if I want to extend my vacation in New Zealand.
Old Jul 6, 05, 6:13 pm
Community Director

Randy has been hard at work on this. Read his post for more information.
Old Jul 6, 05, 7:10 pm

Nothing at this point. Tix all in my family name, requested on 6/24.

T4f, how did you relate your payment information? Fax, phone, other?
Old Jul 6, 05, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

The e-mail speedometer that I mentioned above was moving along at quite a nice little clip this afternoon when it suddened busted at reaching 7 e-mails. (That was almost right at 5P Eastern - so dont know for sure if that has anything to do with not receiving all my ticketing requests. We'll see tomorrow... more below).

Well, I finally got a few minutes to actually wade thru the reses and here is what I've got to report. Of the 7 e's that I received, one was a dupe with a different award no. but with the same ticket number in it. So I actually got 6 reservation confirmations back. But one of those confirmations did not actually have a ticket number in it. So 5 ticket nos. were received.

Now the email's arrived in no particular order, based on the order in which the locators were listed on the 2 faxes that I sent to GP. But - I received confimations on all reservations in my name.

Now here's the part for you guys to ponder: NO CONFIMATIONS OR TICKETS NOS. WERE ISSUED FOR THE OTHER PASSENGERS THAT I BOOKED.

I'm not guilty of selling tickets - so they won't be able to get me on that. But, I did book reservations whereby other people were to meet me in different places. For example, I booked a res for a friend of mine that lives in EZE to meet me in CUZCO... that's right, no ticket was issued for my friend! I appear to be traveling alone! (We have different surnames, of course.). And, I submitted a freebie request for a fellow FTer and a companion to SJO. That's right, no ticky for them either.

Now, this could just be a fluke (remember that the speedometer stopped at 5P) or there could be more to it than that! I see that our leader finally flew in in a blase of glory. Refer to his e-mail for 'last name' implications in his posting.

My first travel date is August 7ish. The rest of my confirmaitons are splattered all across the calendar - waaaay into May 06. So they don't seem to be working these orders based on dates of travel. Nor do they seem to be ticketing them based on date received. My request were faxed on the 29th and 30th, IIRC. I was at the tail end of sumbissions. Copies were sent via the GP website.

I tend to believe that GP skipped over the rest of you guys and went directly to me. Now there may be several reasons for that. First, I've referred to them as what they are: SLEAZY. Second, I raised a stink in Randy's forum and mebbe they didn't like that. Third, I faxed TACA's president in SAL, their office in Miami, and 4th... I made it known that the Miami Herald may be doing this story

Be advised that while ticket nos were appended to my TACA reservations, I don't have paper tickets in hand yet. So I am now expecting a small stack of tickets. SADLY, I APPEAR TO BE TRAVELING ALONE!

Because of this hullabaloo, GP is going to hit me suddenly very, very hard for taxes and service charges. If I eventually get all the tickets issued, GP service charges are going to approach $400. I really wasn't planning on that expense for this month.

Additionally, I've had unexpected expenses for numerous brand name fibrinolytics and anxiolytics - not to mention phone calls to El Salvador.

So how about up rising above what you've shown us all these years Global Pass, and blow us all on outta here with

SERVICES CHARGES
4FREE?

Huh? Huh? Huh?

Go ahead! Impress us Global Pass!

Thanks guys. Obviously, all questions arn't answered yet.

T4F

PS GP: Send me my buddy's tickets too, please. GEEEEZ!

Last edited by tvl4free; Jul 6, 05 at 10:27 pm

Search this Thread