Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Effective 6/30/2005 - NO MORE GlobalPass Awards [miles for money]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Effective 6/30/2005 - NO MORE GlobalPass Awards [miles for money]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:16 pm

I paid the fee's and now have five tickets that arrived by FEDEX. Miami to Panama City and one ticket from Dallas to Sao Paulo.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:47 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Would someone please post the GlobalPass FAX number? I don't see it on their website.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:18 am

GLobalPass Fax Number

Originally Posted by satori
Would someone please post the GlobalPass FAX number? I don't see it on their website.
Customer Service Fax (305) 870-7555
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:35 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by Flight_Hound
If the phone hold is a problem for you, there are two other ways to contact Global Pass to make sure you beat the June 30th deadline: email or fax. Log in the Global Pass website and email them via "customer messages".
Is anyone else having trouble with the customer message feature? For me, its not taking messages.

Also, does anyone know the intra South America award mileage requirements? I cant remember them and I can't find them on the website.

Thank you....err gracias amigos!

Last edited by tvl4free; Jun 27, 2005 at 12:54 pm
Old Jun 27, 2005, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Within SA1 or within SA2, coach r/t = 30k, biz r/t = 45k. Between SA1 and SA2 = 45k coach, 60k biz. SA1 = Brazil, Argent, Chile. SA2 = balance of continent.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:38 pm
Original Member

Summary of my knowledge gained during redemption over the last few days.

7) To book, call TACA at 1-800-400-TACA. Option 1 for English, Option 3 for mileage awards, Option 2 for "other information". You will then get a distancia qualified TACA representative. Don't worry if they answer in Spanish, all the distancia qualified reps I spoke to were more senior types and spoke excellent English. Tell them you would like to make a booking and that you want to make it in T (for coach) or D class (for business) for Global Pass award travel. I had some problems initially asking for a distancia award booking and was told distancia was closed (they wanted to transfer me to the frequent flyer desk the way I phrased my request). I made bookings with and without mentioning Global Pass and had excellent availability so it didn't appear at all like they had modified any availability to tailor the availability to the type of award mileage used. Make your booking, verify with the agent that all segments are in T or D class, verify the spelling of the name, and ask for the confirmation number or record locator. Then verify that the booking will be held until June 30th--they are aware that this is the proper date to hold the reservations. You can then immediately go to www.taca.com, select "my itinerary", enter any last name on the booking and the record locator. You can expand the booking that comes up, or print it out and can verify that everything is exactly as you want it.

Good Luck on spending those last miles! (or saving them for the miles as money )

Flight Hound--Let me add my thanks for your great job. This one tip--checking "My Itinerary" was invaluable for me. After I made our reservations, I checked online, and found they had spelled the name of our son's friend (who we are taking along) incorrectly. So, rather than get a ticket which was incorrect (and having to deal with that traveling with a non-related teenager overseas), I called back, corrected the spelling, checked it again, and then sent my e-mail to GlobalPass requesting them to ticket me.

Great Job Flight Hound! Comprehensive and incredibly helpful.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 6:34 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Within SA1 or within SA2, coach r/t = 30k, biz r/t = 45k. Between SA1 and SA2 = 45k coach, 60k biz. SA1 = Brazil, Argent, Chile. SA2 = balance of continent.
Thank you very much, amigo! Appreciate it.

Lemme confirm. Peru to CR would be 45/60?
Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:01 am
Suspended

They are still making the bookings at TACA, seems not much left and nothing available to Southern South America EZE, SCL, CUZ, GRU. Was able to get what I wanted for SJO and UIO. So maybe if you gonna go on a non-stop or a 1 stopper they are more giving. Besides I really dont know if I would have liked a 4 stopper in order to get to EZE, I would liked going back to CUZ & MP, its a 12 hr down in LIM on the way there but only an hr down on the way back. Thats not so bad as on the run we all had at least a 6 hr at LIM, this way at least I could get into a reg bed and not the couch at the DC lounge.

So now got to try for Belize, GUA, another SJO and maybe PTY
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by tvl4free
Thank you very much, amigo! Appreciate it.

Lemme confirm. Peru to CR would be 45/60?
My notes have ONLY Argen, Chile, and Brazil in SA1 (but my notes are a few years old). Therefore, I think it's only 30/45 as its wholly within SA2.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
17) Within a day of Global Pass processing, you can see, while logged in on their web site, your ticket information. When the tickets are written by June 30th, you will be able to see the names and all the itinerary details on the Global Pass website (for that warm fuzzy). The Global Pass system will also email to your Global Pass profile email address that your are ticketed, so you don't have to check the website constantly.
As others have said, this was an incredibly useful posting. Thanks for taking the time. I'm curious as to where you see ticket information on the GP website. I would think they'd also show up on the Taca website. True?

As you can tell, I'm still waiting for my reservations to be ticketed.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:53 am

Unhappy Thanks Flight Hound!

It has been said before and by many, but let me add my heartfelt thanks as well to you for taking the time to compose the best and most useful single forum post I have ever read.

I've got several reservations with TACA for this year and next, now I just wait with everyone else to see if they actually get booked by GlobalPass.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:38 pm

Ticket number on website

[QUOTE=stephlac] I'm curious as to where you see ticket information on the GP website. QUOTE]

1) Log into the globalpass website.

2) Top links: select Profile Manager

3) Make sure your contact and email information is correct.

4) Top links: select Account Manager

5) Left Link: Pending Transactions - this pop up window will tell you if you have any awards that are processed. If your pending transactions is empty, they haven't gotten around to your request yet (assuming they received your request). If you have pending transactions, you should have received an email with your award tracking number for each request you submitted. If you haven't received an email and you have pending transactions, you'll have to contact customer care to get your award tracking number.

6) with the award tracking number from your email (e.g. 2567) Left Link: Award Tracking. In this pop up window you will see the names, dates, cities, etc...and best of all the ticket number down at the bottom.

As of 29th, per Marissa, if you've submitted a request on time "you've done your part". Even if they process through the 2nd week of July to get all the ticket requests processed, it will still be done.

The way the ticketing process works is that they contact TACA to coordinate and verify the reservation. They get a ticket number back from TACA and you get your email and can see the results in award tracking on the Global Pass website. But, the tickets are all written manually at GlobalPass. Eventually, your ticket will actually be written/printed and mailed--it's akin to an unusable-for-travel-e-ticket until it is printed to a paper ticket, but it's a 'done deal' in the reservation system once you can see it in award tracking. She assured me that as long as they receive the request on time, the tickets will be done as they wade through their backlog.

I wanted to make sure I had proof of submittal, so I faxed via FedEx Kinko so I could have a time stamp and copy of what I submitted. I also used the global pass website top link My Messages. Click on that and it will open a poorly formatted window. It will have a hyperlink "click here" which is how you open up a customer create message dialog. I cut and pasted my same request there and submitted it. They read it within two minutes. You can see the messages by selecting the drop down box "select all" with the last "30 days" and hit the "search" tile. You will see your message as "pending" and a "read" from them (assuming they're read it). When the reply to you with a ticket number, your pending will change to "responded".

As everyone may know by now, they are no longer taking phone calls to book awards, you must use the my messages, fax (305-870-7555), or [email protected] email.

Questions I haven't resolved yet is what happens if your TACA reservation is held to June 30th and they don't get to it because of the backlog until July 2nd, or so? Also, I made reservations for 2006 on TACA before they shut down the availability in 2006. Will the process go smoothly to ticket tomorrow or the day after on a reservation for 2006 (since I already have it 'in hand')? Can't do much about the 2nd question but I tend to believe from my conversations that it will work out OK, but I'll be on the phone about the "held until June 30th question".

I have to second the statement about Marissa. She has always had the answer, and when she wasn't sure, would put me on hold to get a definitive answer. So Kudos to her and her pleasant attitude. ^

I appreciate the kind comments regarding my original post, but I want you to know that it and this post are killing my lurker status!
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:44 am

First off: Flight_Hound .. you are a God!

Next: given the number of posts (pretty small) on FT with questions about redemption and the fact that we're able to get through to GP lickety split, it doesn't seem to me that a zillion folks are trying to redeem awards before 30Jun (i.e., I'm not concerned about actually getting the tix from TACA and GP).

I would, however, suggest, that folks call TACA to confirm their res ticketing deadlines. After submitting my request to GP, one of my reservations was cancelled by TACA due to non-ticketing (it was only being held for a few days). Suggest you call TACA just to make sure that you have at least a month to ticket. They were v helpful with me in this regard.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
... given the number of posts (pretty small) on FT with questions about redemption and the fact that we're able to get through to GP lickety split, it doesn't seem to me that a zillion folks are trying to redeem awards before 30Jun

Of course the vast majority of people w GP accounts probably dont even know what's happening. Regarding possible low redemption: I think you may be right.

I finally was able to e-mail via the GP msg'g service. In a 24 hours period, the message count only went up about a hundred numbers.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:51 am

My thanks also go out to Flight_Hound. I learned several good tips from that post--I wish I'd known these years ago. The best tips were how to reach the more experienced TACA reservations people and prompted them to check by segment. I frequently was told no only to be told yes after they switched to checking by segments.

I sent in two ticket requests in the past week. I took Flight_Hound's advice about posting the request on the GP website this morning. I subsequently found that GP had already posted a copy of my e-mailed request in "my messages". That was comforting. I'm hopeful that GP will come through for us with all pre-July ticket requests.

For my last four tcikets, I've booked a family trip to Panama over Thankgiving, a trip for 6 to Cuzco the first week of January, and a quick "chicken-run" to San Salvador over President's Day next February. Drop me a note if any of our paths might cross.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.