Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Problems with LATAM seat selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

We booked on Delta SMF-LAX-LIM-CUZ, and were able to select seats on the two LATAM segments by using the LATAM confirmation number on the LATAM website. Then, Delta changed their schedule, and we were reaccommodated via ATL. I tried going to the LATAM website to get seats on the two new segments (ATL-LIM and LIM-CUZ), but that won’t work now—there’s an error message suggesting to try again later.

So, I call LATAM, and the agent says I will not be able to get seats until 48 hours before the flight, but that I shouldn’t worry—that we will be assigned appropriate seats (we had paid extra for exit rows on the original overnight segment LAX-LIM). Does this advice sound correct?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Solution found

I figured out the problem through HUACA. A more helpful agent said that as I had reserved extra-charge seats on 2 LATAM flights that were no longer part of my itinerary, they would need to cancel and refund those charges. At that point I was able to reserve new seats on the LATAM website, as it was no longer blocked. Now we will see when and if the refund comes through.

The agent said all seats would be canceled in both directions, but as of now, the seats on my return trip are still shown. So, time will tell whether I need to make another call.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 1:06 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
We booked on Delta SMF-LAX-LIM-CUZ, and were able to select seats on the two LATAM segments by using the LATAM confirmation number on the LATAM website. Then, Delta changed their schedule, and we were reaccommodated via ATL. I tried going to the LATAM website to get seats on the two new segments (ATL-LIM and LIM-CUZ), but that won’t work now—there’s an error message suggesting to try again later.

So, I call LATAM, and the agent says I will not be able to get seats until 48 hours before the flight, but that I shouldn’t worry—that we will be assigned appropriate seats (we had paid extra for exit rows on the original overnight segment LAX-LIM). Does this advice sound correct?
Just curious, where did you get the LATAM conf# for your flights booked through Delta? By calling? I just booked some LATAM flights via Delta as well and was fortunately able to assign seats when booking, but I do like having the other airline PNR when possible. Usually I can find this on pnr.sh but unable to this time. Haven’t called Delta yet, but figured I’d check and see if there was an easier way to locate it. Also have not tried to pull anything up on the LATAM website yet either.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Just curious, where did you get the LATAM conf# for your flights booked through Delta? By calling? I just booked some LATAM flights via Delta as well and was fortunately able to assign seats when booking, but I do like having the other airline PNR when possible. Usually I can find this on pnr.sh but unable to this time. Haven’t called Delta yet, but figured I’d check and see if there was an easier way to locate it. Also have not tried to pull anything up on the LATAM website yet either.
Sorry for the late response. In this case, I had to call Delta to get the LATAM confirmation number. Once I had it, then I could go and log in on the LATAM site.
GagaPilot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.