Wiki Posts
Search

International Transfer in SCL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by northstar22
I think it would be tight but doable. I just did a connection (on same itinerary but shouldn't make a difference without a checked bag), and it was about a 10 minute walk from the arrival gate to security screening (no immigration as it's a sterile transit), took about 5 minutes to get through security (there was a very short line), and from security to departure gate was about a 5 minute walk. This implies reasonably fast walking but not running or anything. We arrived at 7am.
You may (or may not) have noticed the size of T2, and your walks could have been 15 minutes to the transit security and then another 15 out to a gate.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
I don’t have the MCT for International-International connections at hand, but from what I can remember, the shortest legal connections on one single ticket I’ve seen are no less than 70 minutes
Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Semphyra
I don’t have the MCT for International-International connections at hand, but from what I can remember, the shortest legal connections on one single ticket I’ve seen are no less than 70 minutes
Looks like you're off by 5 minutes

MINIMUM CONNECT TIME TABLE SCL
STANDARD TIMES: DD 00:30 DI 01:15 ID 01:50 II 01:05
Viajero Perpetuo and Semphyra like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by northstar22
Did you check a bag? If so, how did it work out?
Good question! I should've mentioned that in my update. I did *not* check a bag and that gave me a lot of peace of mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.