Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in April

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Thanks to so many of you for helping me on this hotel reservation. I have book two properties, each 3 nights. The first is the Mirage. I called the hotel and they said that the parking is very close. The second property is the Signature at MGM. They said the options are valet or a long walk. We decided to return the rental car before we check into the Signature. Our companions will be in the Marriott across the street and they have a car.

While we are willing to travel after been full vaccinated, we are still reluctant to do the valet parking and share the steering wheel with someone who touches many steering wheels a day. The re-entering the normal has been harder than expected.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Thanks to so many of you for helping me on this hotel reservation. I have book two properties, each 3 nights. The first is the Mirage. I called the hotel and they said that the parking is very close. The second property is the Signature at MGM. They said the options are valet or a long walk. We decided to return the rental car before we check into the Signature. Our companions will be in the Marriott across the street and they have a car.

While we are willing to travel after been full vaccinated, we are still reluctant to do the valet parking and share the steering wheel with someone who touches many steering wheels a day. The re-entering the normal has been harder than expected.

Hi,

Enjoy the Mirage;

FYI, here is the Mirage property ,map ( not to scale)

https://mirage.mgmresorts.com/conten...operty-map.pdf

Regards

TBS
Ilove2fly and mikeyfly like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve used Avis a few times at Mirage and confirm it’s not far to walk and easy in and out of garage
Ilove2fly likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Are there any advantages to booking restaurant reservations through MGM website?

Originally Posted by Low Roller
Also, if you haven't already joined Mlife, do that (and status match your Hyatt account) before booking since it can save you quite a bit. And also look at the price breakdown and not just the average nightly rate. A nice hotel like Aria can be very cheap during the week and then skyrocket on Saturday and Sunday, so if you're open to the idea, you can always move to a cheaper hotel (like Park MGM) for those 2 days.
I have created mlife account and linked to Hyatt which should give me the gold status. Unfortunately, the Gold status does not show up on my Mlife account unless I click through the Hyatt website each time. Is this normal?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 11, 2021 at 6:50 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Are there any advantages to booking restaurant reservations through MGM website?
None, other than convenience. A published benefit for some tiers is priority restaurant reservations, but this has never worked for me.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.