Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antwerp - Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
The Thalys will stop at Schiphol airport before it arrives in Amsterdam so there is no need to change trains
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by stijnec
The Thalys will stop at Schiphol airport before it arrives in Amsterdam so there is no need to change trains
So how long is it then from Antwerp to Schipol?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL SM Diamond, AA Ex. Platinum, Ph.D in STFU
Originally Posted by ELAL
So how long is it then from Antwerp to Schipol?
1 hour 46 minutes, currently

1 hour when the HSL is active
Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA LH Marriott
When the full Fyra/Thalys service on Brussels-Antwerp-Schiphol starts later in 2010, then I wonder how long it will be before KL scraps its BRU-AMS feeder service ?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
High speed service actually commences on 13 December, with the introduction of the new NS timetable.

I would imagine the BRU-AMS KL flights are top of the list given that KLM is supposedly axing 12 routes this winter

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 6, 2009 at 3:47 pm Reason: fixed first URL
Old Dec 6, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: KLM Platinum for Life, M&M FTL, CO Gold
I'm booked on the 14 dec ZWE-AMS Thalys at 10:31. Travel time is 56 minutes. I got my tickets at ZWE station 3 weeks before travel date when showing a copy of my e-ticket. Have taken the train many times before. The only big downside is you have to carry your luggage yourselves and there are no trolleys in ZWE station.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: AF/KL, LX, IB
Originally Posted by ELAL
Can anybody confirm or deny a rumor I heared, that once the Thaly's willl be operating high speed from Antwerp - Amsterdam, there will be the option of checking in bags at Antwerp Central
any news on this? is there a facility now to check in bags at antwerp central or the only check in for the luggage is at ams?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by close2seven
any news on this? is there a facility now to check in bags at antwerp central or the only check in for the luggage is at ams?
Currently there isn't.
Old May 10, 2010, 1:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Some update

Just FYI, recently I booked a trip starting from ZWE for my cousin. During the booking process, I noticed that now this has now been also extended not only to KL train numbered options (operated by the Thalys/Fyra) but also the non-high speed option booked without a KL number, but starts with 9Bxxx.

I though being clever, I choose the new option (9Bxxx) and tried to collect the train tickets earlier, but was told that for this option you can only collect it the day before travel or on the day of travel itself. Furthermore, I was informed that this is because they need to perform a "check-in" to release the ticket.

For the Thalys/Fyra option, tickets can still be collected 4 weeks in advance. Though I am not sure if there is any need to do a "check-in" on the day itself.

So, a tip to those who still want to board the train in NL, it is better to take the Fyra option if there is no "checking-in" procedure.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.