Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Folks...can you give me a hand??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Folks...can you give me a hand??

Hello there...I'm a CO PLAT and usually post on said board....but I have upcoming reward seats on KLM and had a few questions....I'm flying JFK-AMS-CDG on the first leg of my trip....doomed to coach as there were no seats available for my date....question #1...I believe that the equipment is a 747. Can you guys suggest some decent coach seats...I will need 2...I would rather have so that the armrest goes up.
Also.....what type of equipment does KLM fly from AMS-CDG??
On the return ...we are in BC from AMS-YYZ....any suggestions here??? How is KLM Business from AMS and exactly what equipment do they fly from AMS-YYZ? Thanks for any help you may offer.

[This message has been edited by IM4Travel (edited 03-12-2002).]
Old Mar 12, 2002, 12:41 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IM4Travel:
Hello there...I'm a CO PLAT and usually post on said board....but I have upcoming reward seats on KLM and had a few questions....I'm flying JFK-AMS-CDG on the first leg of my trip....doomed to coach as there were no seats available for my date....question #1...I believe that the equipment is a 747. Can you guys suggest some decent coach seats...I will need 2...I would rather have so that the armrest goes up.</font>
As you are CO-elite, you should qualify for the select seating-zone of the aircraft.

Try to get a seat in the front cabin and there try to get one of the two seat only rows in the middle-section. KL has a small portion in the fornt of the 743-aircraft that has Eco-seats between doors 1 and two, and this section (3-2IGalley configuration)is really nice. I have no idea, however, if the armrest is movable, as I never tried to move it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">On the return ...we are in BC from AMS-EWR....any suggestions here??? How is KLM Business from AMS and exactly what equipment do they fly from AMS-EWR? Thanks for any help you may offer.
</font>
If it's KL-metal, I think they just upgraded that route from a 767 to a MD-11, giving you their World Business Class instead of the old one. Depending on when you fly you may also end up with a vintage Northwest DC-10 on that route who take it over sometime later this year.

Hope this helps!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 12, 2002, 4:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IM4Travel:
what type of equipment does KLM fly from AMS-CDG??</font>
Of the eight daily flights, 6 are on 737's and 2 on F70's. The F70's are one-class equipment.

Assuming you're flying in Y, if you get a 734, ask for, in order of preference, 8A/C, row 7 (all C seats), or 9C (more legroom).
On a 738, any row numbered 10 or lower is a C-seat, of which a few end up on the Y side of the moveable partition. Otherwise, 15A/F have more legroom.

[This message has been edited by monahos (edited 03-18-2002).]
Old Mar 12, 2002, 2:00 pm

NW takes over the early JFK-AMS flight 06APR, and the EWR flight 07APR
Old Mar 12, 2002, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

I'm on the 11PM JFK-AMS on 7/25(KLM#644) and the 2:10PM AMS-YYZ on 8/2(KLM#691). Are these still gonna be KLM metal can you tell? I gave you guys the wrong info up top...sorry....we're on KLM# 691 AMS-YYZ and NOT EWR....what equipment do they use to YYZ???? We are in Business Class on the AMS-YYZ.

[This message has been edited by IM4Travel (edited 03-12-2002).]
Old Mar 13, 2002, 4:25 am

Both flights are KLM 747's, I believe that the AMSJFK one is a combi.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 5:26 am
Suspended

KL 691 is operated by a 747-300 Combi version quite often, but I guess in peak season, they could switch it to a all-pax version.

In both cases, it should be a 743, they -400`s don`t see american ground very often, two rows I would recommend in WBC, both on the Upper Deck:

Row 80 is the last row, it is next to the galley, but otherwise it is quiet, cause nobody moves to the galleys by your row, which is the case in row 72, the first row on the Upper Deck.

77 AB and 77 JK are the exit rows on the Upper Deck, more space , but in the middle of the cabin.....
Old Mar 17, 2002, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys...can't wait to try KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.