FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Folks...can you give me a hand??
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2002, 12:41 am
djohannw

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IM4Travel:
Hello there...I'm a CO PLAT and usually post on said board....but I have upcoming reward seats on KLM and had a few questions....I'm flying JFK-AMS-CDG on the first leg of my trip....doomed to coach as there were no seats available for my date....question #1...I believe that the equipment is a 747. Can you guys suggest some decent coach seats...I will need 2...I would rather have so that the armrest goes up.</font>
As you are CO-elite, you should qualify for the select seating-zone of the aircraft.

Try to get a seat in the front cabin and there try to get one of the two seat only rows in the middle-section. KL has a small portion in the fornt of the 743-aircraft that has Eco-seats between doors 1 and two, and this section (3-2IGalley configuration)is really nice. I have no idea, however, if the armrest is movable, as I never tried to move it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">On the return ...we are in BC from AMS-EWR....any suggestions here??? How is KLM Business from AMS and exactly what equipment do they fly from AMS-EWR? Thanks for any help you may offer.
</font>
If it's KL-metal, I think they just upgraded that route from a 767 to a MD-11, giving you their World Business Class instead of the old one. Depending on when you fly you may also end up with a vintage Northwest DC-10 on that route who take it over sometime later this year.

Hope this helps!

Greetings - Dirk