Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antwerp (ZWE) digital boarding card/train ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:05 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
It stops in Rotterdam but only for taking passengers (you can see that if you go to the Eurostat or NS international website and try to book a Rotterdam-Antwerp ticket or so. Formally it is not possible to take the Eurostar between Amsterdam, Schiphol or Rotterdam, no tickets sold for that. But if you sneak out quickly without blocking things for passengers that board with heavy luggage for instance, my guess is you get away with it. As indicated in this thread it is pretty unclear if Eurostart reports back to KLM if people haven't done the full journey.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:38 pm

Thanks.
Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on it before my journey in the summer.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver/KL Silver/SQ Silver/AZ Premium
Originally Posted by MileageRunner68
Has anybody already skipped the the last leg of their return trip?

We're flying BRU-AMS, but coming back we're one the AMS-ZYR (Brussels Midi) train.
It would be useful if we could skip this train (without penalty), or get off at Antwerp.
Yes I know someone who did, the XP and miles were credited a couple of days later.
MileageRunner68 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 12:53 am

Programs: Eurostar Avantage, FB Silver
Originally Posted by atflyer
Formally it is not possible to take the Eurostar between Amsterdam, Schiphol or Rotterdam, no tickets sold for that.
This is a misconception. While it is discouraged to travel with Eurostar domestically it is certainly possible. Both NS International and Eurostar sell tickets for 24 / 30 euros (2nd/1st class). That makes it a few euros more expensive than domestic trains.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MartijnH
This is a misconception. While it is discouraged to travel with Eurostar domestically it is certainly possible. Both NS International and Eurostar sell tickets for €24 / €30 euro’s (2nd/1st class). That makes it a few euros more expensive than domestic trains.
Tnx. Never too old to learn ;-). This implies hence you can drop off in Rotterdam after boarding in Schiphol, nice.
MartijnH likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:49 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Quick question. Can anyone who recently traveled on Eurostar, ticketed by KLM, confirm that the ticket conditions still allow to take an earlier train?

They did in summer (when it was still Thalys), but back then the ticket was to be picked up at the NS International booth.

I'm currently booked for the 11.30 AM Eurostar on Friday, but I land 8.40 AM so will have plenty of time to catch the 9.30 AM train. It's also the first flight of the day on that aircraft so I expect no delays.

Last edited by b12e; Jan 29, 2024 at 11:05 am
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:22 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by b12e
Quick question. Can anyone who recently traveled on Eurostar, ticketed by KLM, confirm that the ticket conditions still allow to take an earlier train?
I've done it twice within the last month - in both cases the staff on the train showed us where to find free seats on the train. Was no problem at all & the XP also swiftly found their way to my account
atflyer and b12e like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 4:57 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by MartijnH
This is a misconception. While it is discouraged to travel with Eurostar domestically it is certainly possible. Both NS International and Eurostar sell tickets for 24 / 30 euros (2nd/1st class). That makes it a few euros more expensive than domestic trains.
Do they though.

Eurostar does not allow to put in Amsterdam Rotterdam into their engine and NS International does show Eurostar but fails out when trying to book it.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:20 am

Dear all

Ill be flying ZWE-AMS-ATL IN April, ZWE-AMS being by train.

I cant find however the ZWE-AMS leg on the Eurostar schedule on my day of travel :
> I see it the same day the week before and after
> I can see the ZYR-AMS segment on my day, on which Im supposed to board in ZWE.

But not trace of the ZWE-AMS segment on my day.
I contacted KLM and all they say everything is scheduled as normal (in their schedule of course, but what in the Eurostar schedule ???)

Do you think I should worry ? or maybe the ZWE-AMS is only open to air travelers on that day ?

Another point FYI is the arrival time in AMS not matching between my KLM booking (11:25) and the Eurostar schedule (11:26).

many thanks for your advices
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: FB Plat
If you see the ZYR-AMS segment on the day of your travel, can you check if it stops well at ZWE? There is no reason it won't. I wouldn't worry at all.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Porcepic
If you see the ZYR-AMS segment on the day of your travel, can you check if it stops well at ZWE? There is no reason it won't. I wouldn't worry at all.
No ZYR-ZWE segment available for booking as well (while available the other days)
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:08 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by DL116
I've done it twice within the last month - in both cases the staff on the train showed us where to find free seats on the train. Was no problem at all & the XP also swiftly found their way to my account
can confirm, Eurostar staff is very lenient. Earlier train was full, but they let me use a folding chair close to the doors anyway. Saved me from 2 hours wandering around in Shithol. Friend of mine also managed to take an earlier train the same afternoon - did have a seat though.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 4:51 am

Programs: Eurostar Avantage, FB Silver
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Do they though.

Eurostar does not allow to put in Amsterdam Rotterdam into their engine and NS International does show Eurostar but fails out when trying to book it.
Weirdly, Schiphol - Rotterdam does work at Eurostar.com or NS International, SNCF Connect does allow booking Amsterdam - Rotterdam (or at least put it in the basket and get to the last step for reserving tickets). I guess it is a website issue. Also DB Navigator only shows Entry only, no exiting allowed for Schiphol for trips originating in Amsterdam (and not for the stop in Rotterdam). I am pretty sure it should be possible, but discouraged. I will ask my colleague at NS Int.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 8:36 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by npollet
No ZYR-ZWE segment available for booking as well (while available the other days)
Can you check through the timetable, instead of a fake booking?

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/timetable/

You will be able to see all the stops of a specific train and check whether it stops at ZWE or not.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Porcepic
Can you check through the timetable, instead of a fake booking?

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/timetable/

You will be able to see all the stops of a specific train and check whether it stops at ZWE or not.
thank you for the advice
The stop in ZWE is in red and is crossed out in the ZYR-AMS itinerary with mention limited service .

looks like it is the same for all trains that day (april 7th)

starting to get worried of seeing the train passing in front of me without stopping !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.