Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Catering updates 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The quantity of smoked salmon is really impressive!

Johan
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
No kidding? That's crazy.

They might as well serve breakfast 24/7 then, would make the logistics a lot easier.

Johan
Not to make it better, but it actually looks like a typical Dutch lunch with yoghurt, bread and sandwich fillings. Coming from Norway, I have to say it would be spot on as a Norwegian lunch too.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by NLNO
Not to make it better, but it actually looks like a typical Dutch lunch with yoghurt, bread and sandwich fillings. Coming from Norway, I have to say it would be spot on as a Norwegian lunch too.
This, is definitely very far from what is a typical French lunch .
johan rebel, lynxy and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NLNO
Not to make it better, but it actually looks like a typical Dutch lunch with yoghurt, bread and sandwich fillings.
But where are the pindakaas and hagelslag?

Johan
jamiel and westi2002 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Ok, end of October and the Waldorf salad is still a thing. After declining that offer i ended up with a buddha bowl from the purser

splflyer likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did he serve you a crew meal?

Johan
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Yes, she did indeed offered a crew meal. Declined the offer twice but she said she already had eaten in her hotel and was not going to eat it.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Does anyone have any experience with kids meals in business class? The website just talks about economy kids having a hamburger which my son won’t eat. Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2021, 1:55 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Is there a link where you can see whats on the menu for certain flights? Going to Bangkok by end of November, traveling in J class. That´s my first LH flight since 19 month and I haven´t flown KLM for ages. My memories on KLM meals are not too good, so I m thinking of ordering a special meal.
Squerez likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It looks like short haul catering might have changed on 1st November. On my AMS-KRK that day I got a Caesar salad in the box, which was ok (it's still crap business class catering).

Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
It looks like short haul catering might have changed on 1st November. On my AMS-KRK that day I got a Caesar salad in the box, which was ok (it's still crap business class catering).
Ha ha ha, so they've just gone back to last year's menu. Bet you will get the falafel & bulgur salad on the return.

Brace yourself for Mexican and Waldorf in 2023.

Johan
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:55 am

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto

While not an excuse, the city hopper business has always been like this to be fair.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Ha ha ha, so they've just gone back to last year's menu. Bet you will get the falafel & bulgur salad on the return.

Johan
By 2023 we will be able to get any of the 4 options… by buying it onboard.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum

Johan
The 6am departure is supposed to have the cold cuts, but they'd load the wrong meals ¾ of the time. We'll see if things truly never change.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Some catering changes have come into effect since sunday;

EUR flights; no change in on board service in economy ( except that CPH, Johan...! and BER will now receive a so called short service; meaning only a drink and snack all day
In J class; the Ceasar salad and ... falafal bulgur salad will return, on the longest flights an extra hot roll besides the other hot sandwich will be offered.
2 white and 2 red wines are available and selection of spirits. Hot towels will be offered as well

The major change takes place in economy longhaul; pax will receive more filling main meal / 2 choices during first service , a bigger green salad , a piece of beemster cheese and a hot roll with a flavour, eg Italian herbs. Butter and condiments box are gone, also to reduce waste.
During coffee service a pastry, eg apple pie will be offered. on flights from AMS Beverage selection will see return of ginger ale from december onwards but alcoholic beverages will be limited as currently to wine/beer as on European flights in economy.

In C class ; on all flights hot rolls and in the morning croissants will return as will yoghurt and granola as an extra option. Main dishes during first service should include a salmon/chciken and new ricetable dish . Dont have more information on this though yet....
In between snacks will see the return of an ice cream, and on flights to Japan/Korea chopsticks and slippers will be back. Its expected that by march local staff on Japan and Korea will return as well

Next year will see the introduction of premium comfort economy with likely 22 W seats More information to be revealed during the next months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.