KL758 from Panama still operational - how to book?

Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Never mind...I misinterpreted an earlier statement of the OP and had incorrectly assumed he was a dual national.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation

Question : maybe someone know what these 2 KL flights were for ???

i was checking the world traffic yesterday night and while i saw many cargo , i noticed these 2 flights

is it possible that they converted these 2 into cargos ???

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 17, 2020 at 5:11 am
Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two

Yes
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Question : maybe someone know what these 2 KL flights were for ???

i was checking the world traffic yesterday night and while i saw many cargo , i noticed these 2 flights

The latest passenger KLM repatriation flight was on March 26. Those two flight don't seem to have taken any passengers.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by splflyer
Flight KL 757 is currently only taking cargo . its operated 2 x a week.
According to the airlines website klm will only restart itself flights when restrictions are lifted. AF resumes, june 1st.
best options indeed for the moment out of MEX or via ATL/LAX/JFK /GRU

Options are just very limited.
Thank you for this information!
Do you have any contact to KLM (besides the normal hotline)? We are now more than 100 Europeans who just want to leave Panama asap. If KLM would accept passengers for a decent fare, we would make some EU embassy declare the flight humanitarian so we could bring our families home.

100 PAX x EUR 600 one way = EUR 60,000
not too bad for KLM...

Last edited by PaulSZ; Apr 17, 2020 at 7:52 am
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AHC96
You're making it sound a lot worse than it is. My family is in Panama and the situation is far from unsafe, it's actually safer than usual. Little looting is happening (Specially outside of the red zones), and human rights are still respected
Panama converted to a totalitarian hellhole. Don't know who is enjoying this situation:

just an example for "little looting" (2nd video):
Link

and example who the police is controlling the situation:
Link

and the medieval style punishment (presenting and shaming people in public, who weren't aware of the almost daily changes of law and hours, they are allowed to go out), forced labor without any court trial:
Link

Foreigners are fined $50,000 to $100,00 for minor infractions, cars being impounded. all this is a great source for corruption.

Just being allowed to go out twice or three times a week 1 hour each (+/- 30 minutes not to be fined). The last digit of the ID dictates at which hour you are allowed to go out. Having a 6 means a de facto ban going to a pharmacy in rural areas since most pharmacies now close at 5pm. Never again being allowed to go to the supermarket with my wife (I used to drive, she used to go shopping. That's illegal now). Total prohibition on alcohol even in your own home.

No, sorry. Our beloved Panama turned totalitarian again. Within 4 weeks.
Some may like it. We hate it and just want to go home!
Old Apr 17, 2020, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by PaulSZ

No, sorry. Our beloved Panama turned totalitarian again. Within 4 weeks.
Some may like it. We hate it and just want to go home!
You must be living in a parallel universe and know little about the country. On the two videos is shows that's Curund, one of the most dangerous areas in Panama City. Should the police not patrol the area? The looting is nothing new for that area anyways. The rest of the city and the country has been in chaos-free, with a few minor incidents here and there.

The "medieval style punishment", or simply known as 'community work' is only for those that can't afford to pay the fine, which is only $50 and dealt with by Community Justice Houses; which are court trials, by the way. The $50,000 to $100,000 fines only once was issued to the family that had a wedding a few weeks ago. Only in Changuinola it's higher than $50, to $100 and $10 for not wearing a mask. The genders and ID rules were published in 25 March and not been changed since then, and most people are ok with it and following it. The rule also says that if anyone is driving outside their times, your drivers license is taken away for three months and if no one else can drive, the car is taken away (Which is a basic rule since before lockdown). If you want to not follow clearly specified rules published weeks ago, then that's your own problem.

Most large supermarkets and pharmacies are open Monday to Friday during the times said by the rules. Supermercados Rey that are open 6:30am to 7:00pm and they are in practically everywhere. Alcohol is not sold, but most that want it would buy it before the rule was implemented. Drinking at home is fine, as long as you don't go out for the rest of the day. Police will not break your door, use their totalitarian power and fine you $50,000.

Get a grip and stop spreading false information. Safe travels back to your country.
pmarrsouth likes this.

Last edited by AHC96; Apr 17, 2020 at 8:51 am
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Pretty much +1 to all of what AHC96 said above

Alcohol is not being sold, but you are free to drink it in your residence. While it personally bugs me (for purely selfish reasons) that its not being sold, its clearly a good idea as you are less likely to have anti-social behavior from groups of drunk people looking to cause some issues. Also, what would most likely happen is that many people would spend their last $20 on 40 beers, rather than on food for themselves. So its win-win

What most basic goods have been prohibited from being sold/distributed?

totalitarian hellhole, cmon now

If you have the Internet, or watch the news, you can clearly see the rules regarding times/days that people are allowed out. Would I like to be able to walk my 8-10 miles a day? Yes of course. Would I like to be able to use a gym? Yes of course. Would I like to be able to go to the supermarket whenever I want? Yes of course. However, the world has been hit by this and you have to give up a small amount, to hopefully get back to normal quicker

Going to 2 days, for men, last week to be outside did really mess things up for this Tuesday, as the lines to get into Pricesmart etc were a lot longer than normal. However it seemed to have returned back to standard wait times by Thursday. The government do need to come up with a better system if they will only allow people out for 1-2 days a week in the future. It will make shopping chaotic (and also not be good for social distancing) if they dont separate it further

It went from no lockdown to curfew from 9pm-5am. Then for 1 day it went from 5pm-5am (pretty much so people were in to watch the governments address at 6pm that night). Then they brought in the hours as per your ID. Then they changed it to separation of the genders with M/W/F vs Tu/Th/Sa and everyone inside on Sundays. Not really too hard to keep up on. And you are allowed out for 2 hours each time, not 1
AHC96 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:27 am
Original Poster

It's not true what you are writing about. Panama's regime changes laws on an almost daily basis. For example by law from April 1st men were allowed to go out for one hour on Saturdays. Yesterday at 19:30 they announced, that men did not behave well this week and so the Saturday leave is illegal for all men in Panama tomorrow.
Yes, they really justify this measure with "non complying men" to the law from April, 1st.
Just read the Panama news and daily publishing of the new law!

And it's really a felony to drink your own beer in your own house you purchased legally before totalitarism started.

Some people support the change of Panama from liberty to totalitarism. Many do not and just want to leave. And that's what this threat is about.

in this law it's clearly stated, that both sales and *consumption* of alcohol is prohibited in whole Panama. A great support program for organized crime.

Last edited by PaulSZ; Apr 17, 2020 at 10:36 am
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
hello gents and ladies , can we go back to the initial topic ??

such matters can be discussed in others forums on internet

i know i asked the question about the situation in panama , cause i am interested and i appreciate this country , but my goal was not to start a troll or debate about non aviation/travel related topics
AHC96 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Hi Paul SZ , i did some research on the net ; the eu has a site to contact , perhaps you are aware already if not then this could be interesting for you.
eeas.europa.eu site has deeplink on how to proceed. .
On their site i see a lot of scheduled flights on behalf from European governments. average trip is by the way like 800-900 one way.

On a side note i can confirm you that the currently 2 a week KLM flight is for cargo only, same as BOG.
When bans are lifted by local governments that might change. If not flights will only resume by june.
From PTY google flights gives some options towards MEX and ATL from early may onwards.
Be safe
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:18 am
Original Poster

we now have an embassy willing to declare KL758 as a humanitarian flight at one day. Does someone have an idea whom to contact at KLM to make this going from their side, too? - the normal hotline is no help in such a complicate issue.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:30 am

we now have an embassy willing to declare KL758 as a humanitarian flight at one day. Does someone have an idea whom to contact at KLM to make this going from their side, too? - the normal hotline is no help in such a complicate issue.
Have you tried the local Panamanian KLM office? Here's the KLM Panama contact info. Otherwise, here's Air France Panama contact info.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AHC96
Have you tried the local Panamanian KLM office? Here's the KLM Panama contact info. Otherwise, here's Air France Panama contact info.
yes, I did. No chance. That's not within their scope.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:43 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

The German embassy would need to seek guidance from the Federal Foreign Office via the relevant diplomatic channels.

Have you tried contacting the Federal Foreign Office Help Desk (+49 30 1817-2000)?
https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/a...buergerservice

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.