Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Booking Options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Reward Booking Options

I'm looking to use FB miles and/or BA Avois for a holiday later this year, approximately May.

EDI - EZE
IGU - EDI

I've enough balance with both KL or BA to do a single person return (but flying on separate planes is seemingly not an option this trip!) or enough with each to do a one-way trip for two, ideal. However BA wont offer me a flight out of IGU on a reward ticket and silly expensive one-way to EZE.

Middle ground is book one return using miles with KL (much preferred) or BA and buy another ticket.

I don't mind short hauls on tickets that are not bought together but not so much with multi-leg journeys via South America.

Is there any way to meaningful connect a purchased ticket and a reward ticket with KL? Or would it merely be a cross-reference?

Anyway to buy a reward ticket in the se transaction as biting a full ticket, so they have a more meaningful connection?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:42 am

There is no way to "connect" separate PNRs, but what would be the significance of it? When you OLCI you can easily do that together by starting with one PNR and adding the 2nd passenger, that's what I usually do as very often me and Mrs. Ditto are on separate PNRs, we even once both got an op-up (and at the time I was gold on a relatively expensive fare bucket, she had no status and on an award ticket)

If you really want to book the tickets together, have you looked at the 'cash and miles' option? Maybe this way you could have enough miles for both tickets.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: FB plat for life
What would be the advantage to book the 2 together or link them ? I ditto Ditto in that there is really no significance..
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pjhartog
What would be the advantage to book the 2 together or link them ? I ditto Ditto in that there is really no significance..
It's a good question you both raise. Booking together, I'm sure, would allow seat selection together on all flights free of charge at point of booking. As my companion is only FB Blue seat selection would be paid for.

Perhaps I should ask the question, are there any disadvantages to booking seperate tickets? Sepcifically around seat selection and flight disruption?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:58 am

Your companion doesn't get any better seat selection whether you book together or separate.
As for IRROPs, no idea but I really wouldn't go out of my way to book a ticket just because of that.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
Your companion doesn't get any better seat selection whether you book together or separate.
As for IRROPs, no idea but I really wouldn't go out of my way to book a ticket just because of that.
When travelling on holiday we like to travel together and other half wouldnt be too comfortable being on her own in a forgein continent - so there would be some comfort having everything on one ticket.

Anyway, tickets booked. Reward tickets booked in other halfs name which, unexpectedly, meant she was able to get gold benefits when choosing seats as well as a full luggage allowance. My ticket was booked after that and i got my usual gold benefits meaning both got 'front seats' at no cost - normally other half would have to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.