Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where in the world am I? | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:57 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Great! That wasn't an easy one. Found it eventually through the unique looks of that radar tower. Never having been to japan myself (Though I'd rather like to visit one day)
According to Wikipedia it used to be a KLM (operated) destination. Not sure until when but that's good enough to count I'd say!

Close to 2500 seats capacity waiting in the sun... but where?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Great! That wasn't an easy one. Found it eventually through the unique looks of that radar tower. Never having been to japan myself (Though I'd rather like to visit one day)
According to Wikipedia it used to be a KLM (operated) destination. Not sure until when but that's good enough to count I'd say!

Close to 2500 seats capacity waiting in the sun... but where?
I wanted to say MAD because of the landscape and because BA stored a lot of A380 there, but now that you said "in the middle of nowhere, is this rather CHR ?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Its definitely MAD Middle of nowhere referring to the empty space around these aircraft (parked at the far end of the airport if I remember correctly). In a field basically

You got it @Goldorak, up to you for the next one!
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by CyBeR
To my knowledge there are no Ilyushins parked at this airport at all, and certainly not within view.

Someone came close but not quite there yet.

Oh and those are indeed characters on the side of the building. Good catch I hadn't noticed those myself.
Hhhhmmmmm I checked Sapporo on google maps but missed the fuel farm. It is how it is. Now moving on with the BA parked jets.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
From 1997-2002 - terminated shortly after 9/11. IIRC they did AMS-CTS-NGO-AMS.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:06 am

Most likely still a codeshare with Korean or so...almost anything goes I would say, except f.i. my little glitch with Cranfield
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by atflyer
Most likely still a codeshare with Korean or so...almost anything goes I would say, except f.i. my little glitch with Cranfield
As I noted it was indeed a KL codeshare destination at the time I was there. Currently, though, no Korean flights operate to CTS on account of corona. In fact, no international flights operate to CTS at all at this time.

I'm sure once Japan re-opens its borders to foreign tourist and business travellers in 2032, those codeshares will resume.
Digicola likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:45 am

I would say that anything that was a usual (codeshare) destination pre-corona should be ok. I would frown only if someone would post e.g. the Albury horse racetrack (Australia) as KLM destination since during the 1934 London-Melbourne race the Uiver made an emergency landing there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacRobertson_Air_Race
TPJ likes this.

Last edited by atflyer; Jan 25, 2022 at 3:14 am
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:13 am

Its definitely MAD Middle of nowhere referring to the empty space around these aircraft (parked at the far end of the airport if I remember correctly). In a field basically

Sorry for polluting the thread - Goldorak , you are next!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CyBeR
I'm sure once Japan re-opens its borders to foreign tourist and business travellers in 2032, those codeshares will resume.
Your optimism is really something to behold.

Johan
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Originally Posted by atflyer
Sorry for polluting the thread - Goldorak , you are next!
OK OK
here you are

Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

And here is another one (the 2 pictures below are at the same airport)

Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SPU

Johan
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by johan rebel
SPU

Johan
Yes !!
now, I wait for proposals for the post #476.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes !!
now, I wait for proposals for the post #476.
Not easy. Could be DUS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.