Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where in the world am I? | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
I clearly haven't been flying for a some time. SVQ and SVA are just half a world apart and the challenges of landing/taking off quite different. Pic of SVA (not personally taken of course ;-))

But yes, SVQ is one of these KL destinations flown with Transavia which you can take as a connecting KL flight in Amsterdam. For all clarity, this was about solving some confusion of 2 mystery airports ago and MichielR is to upload the next mystery airport.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Are you sure SVQ is a KL codeshare? I happen to have looked it up two days ago and KL will sell you tickets to it -- on HV with an HV code.
Typically these are only bookable in conjunction with another KL flight, i.e. not when originating from AMS. So they don't show up if you search AMS-SVQ. It may even only work with a set of specific (long haul?) KL flights. Example.

/offtopic

Last edited by Xandrios; Jan 15, 2022 at 4:16 am
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
So I’m currently at a clear non KL non codeshare airport but will post something else later today.

Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:00 am

I said I had to resort to scanning old slides, so here is something easy, from almost half a century ago.

All the retro-jets in one picture
maalloc likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:06 am

Orly?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:17 am

PS Orly doesn't make sense with all these long-range jets there from Europe. It has to be a place where Avianca Colombia and all these European carriers fly to, including Air India....so JFK or a West coast major airport makes most sense. Let's bet first on JFK.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:22 am

Correct: taken at JFK in 1974.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:51 am

HELP! I do not have a stack of photo's to scan....

I have this one. Any airport in the world would have little trains to move people between terminals, this airport had something else.

Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:07 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Hmm there are a few places that use these bus-train hybrids. HKG and IAD for example. But those tracks/roads look somewhat different (Not flat) having guide rails of some sort. The Heathrow automatic pods seem autonomous pods using semi-regular road infrastructure but have a different front view.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jan 15, 2022 at 10:31 am
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:01 am

Even with the wiki-cheat page I can't figure out this one. Need to look for a tunnel without a train, I guess.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:14 am

Because you did not use the right wiki page - it is not a classic people mover, the ones show in Wiki's always have rails. And this one is not automated - we had a driver ;-). It was almost like the large golf carts on Ko Samui transporting people, but here obviously on some major airport. Photo of traffic from the other side...

Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by atflyer
Because you did not use the right wiki page - it is not a classic people mover, the ones show in Wiki's always have rails. And this one is not automated - we had a driver ;-). It was almost like the large golf carts on Ko Samui transporting people, but here obviously on some major airport. Photo of traffic from the other side...

That helps...

...somewhat. It is not a tunnel but a long connecting corridor. With golf carts. But where?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:28 pm

I see, I need to give a few more clues. On the first pic you see some writing on the right wall. This should help figuring out the continent if not the country. Further: this airport was not on the people mover Wiki page.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by atflyer
I see, I need to give a few more clues. On the first pic you see some writing on the right wall. This should help figuring out the continent if not the country. Further: this airport was not on the people mover Wiki page.
The windows panes look like PEK & I guess your clue might have to do with Chinese characters if I could recognize them as such...
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:30 pm

Close in terms of the characters but not PEK. I said it was not on the Wiki page ;-).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.