Question regarding Skyteam Elite Plus

Old Dec 17, 19, 10:08 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 145
Question Question regarding Skyteam Elite Plus

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Skyteam Elite Plus status. I have status at OW but my family and I will use KLM in February tot EZE, as well as Aerolineas Argentinas, both ST member. As a Dutchman one has to take their national carrier from time to time, right .

Their fellow partner Garuda has a promotion to buy up to platinum in their program and therefore qualify for ST Elite plus. Those benefits might become handy for travelling with an infant and two year old (no need to fold everything in one package, but just check another bag, use Sky Priority etc.), as well of 50% discount on Economy Comfort, although I've already paid for this, so must be hard to redeem this one..

If I would upgrade a Garuda account, how will KLM now about my status? I already put my FB number in there etc and in the end I would like my trip to be credited to my FB account.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!
EvD86 is offline  
Old Dec 17, 19, 1:55 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: mostly not far from AMS, otherwise NUE
Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,003
You will need to put your Garuda Miles number into your booking.
mfkne is offline  
Old Dec 20, 19, 1:17 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by EvD86 View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Skyteam Elite Plus status. I have status at OW but my family and I will use KLM in February tot EZE, as well as Aerolineas Argentinas, both ST member. As a Dutchman one has to take their national carrier from time to time, right .

Their fellow partner Garuda has a promotion to buy up to platinum in their program and therefore qualify for ST Elite plus. Those benefits might become handy for travelling with an infant and two year old (no need to fold everything in one package, but just check another bag, use Sky Priority etc.), as well of 50% discount on Economy Comfort, although I've already paid for this, so must be hard to redeem this one..

If I would upgrade a Garuda account, how will KLM now about my status? I already put my FB number in there etc and in the end I would like my trip to be credited to my FB account.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!
Is that a status match program where they give you the equivalent of your current status on another FFP?
Tro78 is offline  
Old Dec 24, 19, 3:03 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 145
Originally Posted by Tro78 View Post
Is that a status match program where they give you the equivalent of your current status on another FFP?
No, it was not. It was a promotion where one could buy status on Garuda, but the offer has ended. The Dutch office didnít know anything about it, so it didnít work anyway.

But.. just got a confirmation email from Delta, they matched me for Gold for the next three months. Since weíre planning taking 8 Skyteam flights in the next thre months, Iím happy ..

But, two questions.. It qualifies for Skyteam Elite Plus, so lounge acces is complimentary, including a guest. How strictly is KLM in a 2,5 year toddler?

And second, I am unable to change my current FB number in my booking. Called KLM, they referred to Flying Blue, who answered Delta should change my number in my KLM booking. Any thoughts here? Is waving with my Delta app and gold/skypriority digital pass enough?
EvD86 is offline  
Old Dec 25, 19, 2:21 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by EvD86 View Post
No, it was not. It was a promotion where one could buy status on Garuda, but the offer has ended. The Dutch office didnít know anything about it, so it didnít work anyway.

But.. just got a confirmation email from Delta, they matched me for Gold for the next three months. Since weíre planning taking 8 Skyteam flights in the next thre months, Iím happy ..

But, two questions.. It qualifies for Skyteam Elite Plus, so lounge acces is complimentary, including a guest. How strictly is KLM in a 2,5 year toddler?

And second, I am unable to change my current FB number in my booking. Called KLM, they referred to Flying Blue, who answered Delta should change my number in my KLM booking. Any thoughts here? Is waving with my Delta app and gold/skypriority digital pass enough?
If KLM manage it like AF, your child will have access too.
Tro78 is offline  
Old Dec 29, 19, 6:40 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Miles & More pleb
Posts: 511
Originally Posted by EvD86 View Post

But.. just got a confirmation email from Delta, they matched me for Gold for the next three months. Since weíre planning taking 8 Skyteam flights in the next thre months, Iím happy ..
Happy for you indeed! And a little bit curious whether I can pull something similar

I am currently FB silver and have a Euro flight in Y in April, followed by a long haul J in June which will take me up to gold. Is there any way for me to use that June booking to get gold ahead of time... because that would be handy for lounge access in April!
Maestro Ramen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: