FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Question regarding Skyteam Elite Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2000214-question-regarding-skyteam-elite-plus.html)

EvD86 Dec 17, 2019 9:08 am

Question regarding Skyteam Elite Plus

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Skyteam Elite Plus status. I have status at OW but my family and I will use KLM in February tot EZE, as well as Aerolineas Argentinas, both ST member. As a Dutchman one has to take their national carrier from time to time, right :).

Their fellow partner Garuda has a promotion to buy up to platinum in their program and therefore qualify for ST Elite plus. Those benefits might become handy for travelling with an infant and two year old (no need to fold everything in one package, but just check another bag, use Sky Priority etc.), as well of 50% discount on Economy Comfort, although I've already paid for this, so must be hard to redeem this one..

If I would upgrade a Garuda account, how will KLM now about my status? I already put my FB number in there etc and in the end I would like my trip to be credited to my FB account.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!

mfkne Dec 17, 2019 12:55 pm

You will need to put your Garuda Miles number into your booking.

Tro78 Dec 20, 2019 12:17 am

Originally Posted by EvD86 (Post 31849187)
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Skyteam Elite Plus status. I have status at OW but my family and I will use KLM in February tot EZE, as well as Aerolineas Argentinas, both ST member. As a Dutchman one has to take their national carrier from time to time, right :).

Their fellow partner Garuda has a promotion to buy up to platinum in their program and therefore qualify for ST Elite plus. Those benefits might become handy for travelling with an infant and two year old (no need to fold everything in one package, but just check another bag, use Sky Priority etc.), as well of 50% discount on Economy Comfort, although I've already paid for this, so must be hard to redeem this one..

If I would upgrade a Garuda account, how will KLM now about my status? I already put my FB number in there etc and in the end I would like my trip to be credited to my FB account.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!

Is that a status match program where they give you the equivalent of your current status on another FFP?

EvD86 Dec 24, 2019 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tro78 (Post 31859323)
Is that a status match program where they give you the equivalent of your current status on another FFP?

No, it was not. It was a promotion where one could buy status on Garuda, but the offer has ended. The Dutch office didn’t know anything about it, so it didn’t work anyway.

But.. just got a confirmation email from Delta, they matched me for Gold for the next three months. Since we’re planning taking 8 Skyteam flights in the next thre months, I’m happy :)..

But, two questions.. It qualifies for Skyteam Elite Plus, so lounge acces is complimentary, including a guest. How strictly is KLM in a 2,5 year toddler?

And second, I am unable to change my current FB number in my booking. Called KLM, they referred to Flying Blue, who answered Delta should change my number in my KLM booking. Any thoughts here? Is waving with my Delta app and gold/skypriority digital pass enough?

Tro78 Dec 25, 2019 1:21 am

Originally Posted by EvD86 (Post 31873420)
No, it was not. It was a promotion where one could buy status on Garuda, but the offer has ended. The Dutch office didn’t know anything about it, so it didn’t work anyway.

But.. just got a confirmation email from Delta, they matched me for Gold for the next three months. Since we’re planning taking 8 Skyteam flights in the next thre months, I’m happy :)..

But, two questions.. It qualifies for Skyteam Elite Plus, so lounge acces is complimentary, including a guest. How strictly is KLM in a 2,5 year toddler?

And second, I am unable to change my current FB number in my booking. Called KLM, they referred to Flying Blue, who answered Delta should change my number in my KLM booking. Any thoughts here? Is waving with my Delta app and gold/skypriority digital pass enough?

If KLM manage it like AF, your child will have access too.

Maestro Ramen Dec 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by EvD86 (Post 31873420)

Happy for you indeed! And a little bit curious whether I can pull something similar :cool:

I am currently FB silver and have a Euro flight in Y in April, followed by a long haul J in June which will take me up to gold. Is there any way for me to use that June booking to get gold ahead of time... because that would be handy for lounge access in April!